UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Alton Towers Resort - General Discussion

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:55 pm

With the introduction of the Season Pass, it seems Towers may no longer be offering Bounceback or Return Any Day tickets, going by this FAQ response:

CAN I BUY A RETURN TICKET TO COME BACK THE FOLLOWING DAY/ANOTHER DAY?
Whilst we do not offer a return ticket, we strongly recommend guests to purchase a new Season Pass which allows you to pay for 1 day entry and return for free all season!

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:59 pm

'Return for free all season'

I thought the season passes excluded the Halloween events + Weekends during the summer? Or have I missed something?

This is the way forward I guess, very few parks outside of the UK offer bounce back tickets and most offer a 2 day pass with a small discount instead. Also many museums and art galleries allow unlimited entry for a year when you buy a ticket.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:57 am

With all these new ticket machines being installed I hope AT decides to make a large step forward in its pricing of tickets.

I think that it may be worth finally reducing the ticket price to around £30 and severely limiting the number of 2-4-1’s that it puts out into the GPs hands.

Does anyone think this will ever actually happen though?

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:01 am

I don't see the reason why AT would charge £55 for a Season Pass.. when then the ticket price stays at the £50 mark for 1 day.. it doesn't make sense.. either way I will be purchasing a season pass!

I agree a figure of around £30 for 1 adult is a fair price with the current situation of rides and attractions.. however I don't think the pricing will move anywhere..

The 2-4-1 deals should be limited in other ways, such as who is advertising the 2-4-1 deals. I understand some people have money issues so the 2-4-1 is a great way for them to visit the Towers.
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:51 am

I don’t know of anyone who goes to AT who doesn’t have 2-4-1s or a season pass as there’s so many available.

So although £30 looks like a severe price decrease (and is really appealing to the GP) it’s more than the cost of a 2-4-1 discounted ticket.

Also if this drive visitor numbers then they’re going to make a huge profit from F&B/Merch outlets.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:43 pm

Currently, season passes and one-day admission tickets are priced at £55 each, therefore it is instantly appealing to those booking advanced tickets online (£33) to consider paying an extra £22 if they were looking to return for a second day or more that year.

I'm not sure how many people pay full price for admission though, although 2-4-1 vouchers provide an instant draw to customers, families in particular, while giving that product a promotion and Merlin exposure to their parks and mid-way attractions. These vouchers have become the norm, therefore, I doubt anyone would be willing to pay full price and will go out of their way to look for a deal/voucher. The Season Pass offers more of a competitive edge to draw in more guests but it would be interesting to see how many of those purchasing the pass actually take full advantage of repeat visits. 

JenRawrRizzle
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 pm

It such a shame that 2 of my best friends are total yellow bellies when it comes to rollercoasters :( I'm hoping to go sometime in late March. Hopefully the Wicker Man will be open by then :)

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 am

I'm sure, at this rate, you won't be disappointed with Wicker Man being open.
Fingers crossed nothing happens from now to the season opening!
Don't take me serious..
But come, sit, have a drink.. don't mind me..
Hush little baby, don't say a word..
It'll only hurt forever.