UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - General Discussion

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Justin wrote:
Unfortunately, the queueline was not pleasant at the weekend. Dan took a photo of the stairs and it was not nice. There was lots of rubbish...

Sounds about right.

Justin wrote:
... and bundles of hair :|

:O :sick: How?

The protocol for basic cleaning of the queues seems to be for the ride-ops to do it as part of the ride shutdown process in the evening. Long days and the hot weather and I can see that job not being done properly. A sad lack of care from management, who coincidentally are often the only people frequently walking around the park with litter pickers. Maybe they should be made to walk the queue lines daily.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:26 pm

Justin wrote:
Unfortunately, the queueline was not pleasant at the weekend. Dan took a photo of the stairs and it was not nice. There was lots of rubbish and bundles of hair :|

Here is said photo:

It is positive to see that some areas of the ride have been jet washed. Hopefully this is just the start of a much needed clean of the ride and surrounding area.
Credit to the BubbleBoi

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:34 pm

That photo is absolutely shocking, Dan.. :sick: It's shocking just how bad some areas of that queue really are! 

lewis97:
Will be sure to channel thoughts of installing flat rides, reinstating SRQs, and longer opening hours on my next visit ;)

Please do :lol

Nutty Man
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:31 pm

I think they should close the ride for a day and give everything a deep clean, jet wash and repaint. I don't go often to AT, and I was surprised at how shabby and how much the exit queue line needed a repaint as well.
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi