UK theme parks from another point of view!

TTSP Community Awards 2017
Results have now been announced. Click here!

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - General Discussion

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 pm

They probably will. 
Unite with the Chosen Ones...
Come with us...
17 March

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:59 am

Anything for a story.

But yeah, compared to last year I asked, they said they had no plans for this season, but now I got that response.. the future is looking bright!
Don't take me serious.

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:59 am

As much as I love The Smiler I think it needs some work doing to it. Not quite DBGT 2016 to 2017 level but still. 

The queue line needs looking at, drainage and maybe the addition of gates for quieter days. The broken screen and speaker at the base of the second lift hill needs looking into. Some of the Marmaliser effects such as the water mist need to be fixed or replacing and the entire area needs a good clean and touching up. Not a vast amount of work really. A small team could probably do it in a few weeks (except for maybe the drainage. That might be a bigger job).

When I first rode The Smiler in early 2016 it was my favorite coaster, now it's slipping down my rankings due to the above issues and the roughness. A real shame. 

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 am

Also, I have no idea how the Tickler car washing brushes have developed a big chunk of black to one side of both brushes.
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'