UK theme parks from another point of view!

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Th13teen - General Discussion

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Also it's still really smooth and unless you get stapled, is one of the smoothest and enjoyable rides in the park.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue May 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Something that I don’t think has been picked up on yet this season, is that the Thirteen shop is not open this season.

All signage for it has been removed, and both sets of doors are closed up. To be honest, if you didn’t know what it used to be, you would think it’s just a randomly located shipping container.

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 01, 2018 8:22 pm

I noticed it wasn't open when I visited but I thought it might just have been closed for the day. You're right though; all the signage is gone and it's not on the map. I wonder why. The first guess of course is budget cuts but maybe not.

DF box office was also closed on my visit. Probably a good thing though as everyone would walk straight off Rita and into the box office to complain about how they waited 4 times the stated queue time :lol 
Follow theleafletarchive on Instagram!

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 04, 2018 5:22 pm

AltonOperator wrote:
I noticed it wasn't open when I visited but I thought it might just have been closed for the day. You're right though; all the signage is gone and it's not on the map. I wonder why. The first guess of course is budget cuts but maybe not.

DF box office was also closed on my visit. Probably a good thing though as everyone would walk straight off Rita and into the box office to complain about how they waited 4 times the stated queue time :lol 

I believe the DF box office has been shut this year for budget cuts, same with FV. Correct me if I'm wrong! 
credit to sam!

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Not to be a critic for the sake of it, but i'm just not a fan of this ride, after your know the drop is coming it's just not a fun ride. I know its not meant to be the big thrill ride, but neither is Rita, and that is still fun!
Last edited by Justin on Fri May 11, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Punctuation.

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:49 am

I've actually grown to become rather fond of this ride. At first, I thought it was beyond average and not worth my time, so it took me years until I actually got around to riding it, but by the time I did, the hype had dissolved away. When I experienced it with clear eyes, I thought the theming was superb and there was a lot of fun to be had speeding through the woods. I even found the drop to be enjoyable, which I thought added an amazing element to the ride and am surprised it isn't used in more rollercoasters. Although it is aimed at younger audiences, I find there's a lot of enjoyment to be had. 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:56 pm

I'm assuming they haven't reopened bag drop for Th13teen during the peak period. It currently has a 150 minute queue, double what Wicker Man is currently stating at 75 minutes.

huntman40
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:47 pm

I like Th13teen, the first drop is great and the s bends in the track are a feeling I really enjoy in a coaster. The best thing is taking friends on who have not been before and seeing their reaction to the drop! It's a strong coaster at AT and I think its lost in the out of place area with that rattly horrible thing next to it.

I know Rita was there first but she has become quite uncomfortable as of my last visit that I won't be on her again. I hope Th13teen stays for many years! Just my opinion! 1st post in many many years.