UK theme parks from another point of view!

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers - General Discussion

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Such a shame they even have to make these videos in the first place. They shouldn't have to keep justifying every thing they do because of highly exaggerated and highly inaccurate news reports.
Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Towers have got it easy, try being SeaWorld!

It is shocking what can pass off as 'facts' these days, I fear The Smiler will be plagued with this for years to come :(
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:58 pm

It's so unfortunate! I mean, this time it was the fault of a guest!

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:05 am

Liam.W wrote:
Such a shame they even have to make these videos in the first place. They shouldn't have to keep justifying every thing they do because of highly exaggerated and highly inaccurate news reports.

That was my first thought but better late than never it does seem to shut up the "newspapers" that seem to report on this stuff, they shouldn't have too but people like drama

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Further discussion about the "incident" (I use that term very, very , very loosely) can be found here... viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36271&start=2900#p857612

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:51 pm

It has been a while since I've been to Alton Towers but how long has the Don't Look Down audio been playing when a shuttle reaches the drop? I was walking past The Smiler entrance down the hill towards Enterprise / Oblivion and heard the audio from what appears to be two speakers on top of the Hydrator station.

Later in the day the audio wasn't active but the mist was glorious today however, so glad that effect returned and is on even on a quiet day like today.

And OMG I love the lawns now with the booming new music by IMAscore? I could just chill on the grass all day listening to it.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:59 pm

The 'Don't look down' audio just plays at random now, never heard it when it was at the top of the drop yet I turn round every time and last time I went, the timing was accidently perfect, It played the 'Don't... Look... Down...' audio and all of a sudden. The train dropped. :clap: :lol It's a small thing but it adds so much atmosphere.
Bert2theSpark, Your number one person to go to on inaccurate stuff...

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Aidan Lowe wrote:
And OMG I love the lawns now with the booming new music by IMAscore? I could just chill on the grass all day listening to it.

Do you have a YouTube link for that? I don't think I've heard it yet. Thanks
GodBlessTeaTowels

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Bert2theSpark wrote:
The 'Don't look down' audio just plays at random now, never heard it when it was at the top of the drop yet I turn round every time and last time I went, the timing was accidently perfect, It played the 'Don't... Look... Down...' audio and all of a sudden. The train dropped. :clap: :lol It's a small thing but it adds so much atmosphere.

It is part of the audio introduced to the area last year, but I must agree that it adds to the area's atmosphere. I like the part of the loop where it warns about a candidate getting to near to the perimeter fence.

AltonOperator wrote:
Aidan Lowe wrote:

Do you have a YouTube link for that? I don't think I've heard it yet. Thanks

Search for the heritage theme and you'll find it :)

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:43 pm

I've noticed that Towers have extended opening hours on busy days this year to 5:30pm, So does anyone else think that Towers will extend opening hours next year so they don't have to keep changing closing times on the day? Not to mention the crowds predicted with SW8 next year, it would be a stupid option not to extend opening hours. 

Also noticed Cbeebies Land ERT is Cbeebies Land Hotel Exlusive now...  :roll:
Bert2theSpark, Your number one person to go to on inaccurate stuff...

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Bert2theSpark wrote:
Also noticed Cbeebies Land ERT is Cbeebies Land Hotel Exlusive now...  :roll:

If true, this is ridiculous. There will barely even enough people to fill the area! There is also no mention of this on the website.

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:05 pm

As MM has said, no mention of this on their website, so I highly doubt that. If true, this is disgraceful as there would be no attractions available for guests shorter than 0.9m and/or not brave enough for Blade, Enterprise and the coasters during ERT.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:18 pm

As others have stated, there is no mention of this on their website, apart from the following message...

1 hour early access to CBeebies Land

CBeebies Land is bigger than ever in 2017. Joining our existing 14 attractions, experience The Furchester Hotel Live Show, or take the controls in a Vroomster on the Go Jetters Vroomster Zoom ride.

It appears to be that Cbeebies Land Hotel guests have 1 hour access time to Cbeebies Land, just as other accommodation guests have access to ERT (inc. Cbeebies).

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:22 pm

Alton Towers have confirmed on twitter that this is not true and all ERT guests have access to CBeebies Land.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:57 pm

With oblivion having a breakdown on the lift hill today, there has been some interesting things in the newspapers about it. According to the Metro, 'dozens' of people were stranded, yet only 16 people can be in each train. Some places have claimed it has happened at the 'highest point of the ride', yet pictures clearly show it is slighly above 3/4 of the way up. I mean seriously British news papers, stop making a mountain out of a molehill!

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:28 pm

It will have been a busy day for Francis and the management team. I head the 'incident' ( [-( ) from Kay Burley on Sky News! Towers have kept on top of it with a statement being released etc. Well done to the team for explaining the regular procedures and that the ride is designed to operate that way when there is an issue!
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:55 pm

And just like that, the legend that is Francis Jackson has appeared!

https://www.facebook.com/altontowersres ... 485136201/

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:57 pm

I think it's a really good reflection on the Resort that I actually saw Francis Jackson's response before I saw the media reports. They shouldn't have to be doing this at all, but I'm glad to see they're doing it efficiently, hopefully stopping this from getting out of hand.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:05 pm

It should be reported on every time a media outlet invents a news story... But then that might make it seem like something unusual.

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:15 am

I've literally just found out about this now, and I was actually at the resort today!