UK theme parks from another point of view!

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - General Discussion

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:39 pm

I hope they start tweeting updates, it would be great if they started teasing a return of Nemesis Sub Terra if it is gonna come back next season.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:58 am

I would love for Sub-Terra to re-open. It would be a welcomed return, adding to Nemesis and the overall experience, along with the atmosphere of Forbidden Valley.

WallisDan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm

As said, it would also ease the crowd away from SW8

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Most definitely. Hopefully, the likes of Twirling Toadstool will return as well, directing some guests in the other direction.

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:59 pm

It would be great if as rumours suggest The Welcoming is open for a few weeks at the start of the season, there could be 3 levels of "scare" attractions for people to go on.
1. Hex- low intensity but a great experience for families
2. Nemesis Sub Terra- much higher intensity but for teens and older 
3. The Welcoming- high intensity for mostly adults and older teens

Be Chosen...

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:24 pm

TheBeornen wrote:
It would be great if as rumours suggest The Welcoming is open for a few weeks at the start of the season, there could be 3 levels of "scare" attractions for people to go on.
1. Hex- low intensity but a great experience for families
2. Nemesis Sub Terra- much higher intensity but for teens and older 
3. The Welcoming- high intensity for mostly adults and older teens

I definitely wouldn't class Hex as a scare attraction... It's a multi-experience experience, but I get your point  :)

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Yeah it's more of a family experience but it's fun and still my favourite dark ride at the park. My point was mostly about having experience attractions for all demographics

Be Chosen...

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:25 am

I personally think we'll be seeing alot of duel and I hope sub terra in the updates based on the SW8 video recently which focusses on the eggs

Nutty Man
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 pm

TheDuke wrote:
I personally think we'll be seeing alot of duel and I hope sub terra in the updates based on the SW8 video recently which focusses on the eggs

I thought that was a bit odd, so I hope it was a bit of a reference. I never experienced NST (in fact I never went to FV whilst it was working) so would love it to reopen. :)
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi

ChessingtonSam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:46 am

jackf1tz wrote:
To be honest, I'm pretty sure this is Merlin trying too make current holders of the Alton Towers Annual Pass upgrade to a Merlin Annual Pass which would give them a better profit margin. It's irritating but they are, in the end, a business and they want to make as much money as they can with the smallest expenses. This said, I may be purchasing one of these as I believe it offers rather good value for money.

Actually, the Standard Merlin pass has the same exclusion dates in August.

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:40 pm

*Premium. Sorry, should have been a bit clearer.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:10 pm

As posted on TowersTimes Facebook, Alton Towers have confirmed their Early Ride Time line-up and staggered openings for the 2018 season.

Early Ride Time will now only be from 9.30am – 10am, and include Wicker Man, Spinball Whizzer and Postman Pat Parcel Post, Go Jetters Vroomster Zoom Ride, Justin's Pie-O-Matic Factory, In The Night Garden Magical Boat Ride, Something Special: Sensory Garden & Numtums Number-Go-Round.

CBeebies Land and X-Sector will open at 10am, with Marauder's Mayhem and Heave Ho! in Mutiny Bay also open. Dark Forest, Cloud Cuckoo Land, Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE, Battle Galleons, Runaway Mine Train and Hex will open at 11am. While Skyride opens at 11.30am and Forbidden Valley, Duel and Congo River Rapids (now a seasonal attraction operating 26th May – 4th September 2018) at 12pm.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:13 pm

Almost got no words for this, certainly not words I can say on here. Would make sense to open the whole park at 11 and close at 5:30/6. If it closes before 5:00 its not really worth a visit in my opinion.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

demz_4
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Disgusted that Nemesis, the parks main attraction in many eyes, is open for a shocking 4 hours on most days! An absolutely ridiculous decision. If that doesn't change within the first month I’ll be shocked! There’s going to be some big customer service queues.

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:21 pm

I am definitely not happy about this. Honestly what are they thinking?!
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:23 pm

Very disappointed with this news. What's the point in having most of the major stuff at the back of the park so it draws people away from the entrance if they're shut for the first hour or, in the case of Forbidden Valley, TWO hours? If you're a thrill seeker, then for the first hour or so there's only two thrill rides (three if you count wicker man).  This honestly puts me off visiting a little, as I struggled to find things to do when everything was open!

Joel Allen
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Not happy about this either.  Congo being seasonal and forbidden valley opening at 11:30!! That means I won't be able to go on the river rapids in April :@ Galactica, Nemesis and The Blade will be open, on 4pm days, for 4 and 1/2 hours!That's crazy... I do hope Alton make some changes... we did last year. 

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 pm

Looks like what I'd previously heard was true after all. I'm really not happy with this at all. I hate to say this, but if the park really are that short on cash, they really shouldn't have bothered with Wicker Man.

I've said this before, that 2018 should have been a comeback year for Towers... well not any more by the looks of this. I imagine the general public will also be just as unhappy, not to mention confused about the new staggered opening times. 

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:40 pm

If the opening dates don’t put the GP off too much and there’s are high crowd levels from Wickerman to put on them on the road to recovery, I hope 2019 will be the golden year of operations.
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:41 pm

This is awful, abysmal news. The park will soon realise they have made a major mistake. and the park will only continue to make their lives harder and harder in increasing the amount of visitors coming. I can only dread what the new for 2019 cuts are