UK theme parks from another point of view!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - General Discussion

Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:33 am

As always, awesome picture from Attraction Images! :)

On another note, TowersStreet are reporting via Twitter that the Alton Towers Hotel has had extra Arctic Explorer rooms added over the winter period!

Last edited by Dan on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken image

NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:01 pm

A nice shot that makes it look very peaceful and fresh.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Robert.W wrote:

On another note, TowersStreet are reporting via Twitter that the Alton Towers Hotel has had extra Arctic Explorer rooms added over the winter period!

While it’s good to see the resort upgrading their hotel rooms, I hope they don’t go overboard with the conversions as it will just drive the cost of staying up even more than it already is.

That being said, I do like the Arctic Explorer rooms.
Credit to the BubbleBoi

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:56 pm

The Arctic Explorer rooms do indeed look very nice, but I'd have liked them to have more of a variety of rooms using the "explorer" theme. What if they were to add "Jungle Explorer" rooms or "Desert Explorer" rooms for example. I think that would have given them more variety. :)

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:14 pm

The other explorer rooms would add to the overall theme, which is IIRC it's about an explorer who built the hotel.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...

looptheloop
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Alton Towers have today posted on Instagram to advertise the opportunity to purchase a brick with your own personal message on that will be layed at the entrance to the park according to the comments. Available on the AT shop https://shop.altontowers.com/products/make-your-mark

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

As looptheloop has mentioned above, Alton Towers are offering guests the chance to Make your mark on the Park by having a personalised brick installed in the Admissions Plaza at the park.

For a price of £50 (MAP discount is available), guests can have their brick engraved with a unique message before it is installed on the plaza, with text engraving being available in Gold or Purple.

The terms and conditions are below:

- For each brick purchased a certificate will be sent to the person named in the certificate box. Please check for any errors as we will use the exact copy received.
- Inscriptions may include names, hometown, a special date or any other special occasion. We do not engrave lifespans, profanity or anything deemed inappropriate.
- All bricks remain the sole property of the Alton Towers Resort
- Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to approve all lettering and to refuse any application
- It is envisaged that the bricks will be displayed at the Admissions plaza site (or elsewhere if specifically stated by us) for a minimum of 2 years but it is anticipated to be longer. In exceptional circumstances, the Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to move or relocate the bricks without liability
- Although of excellent quality and designed to last, bricks may become worn or damaged over time owing to natural causes. No liability can be accepted for this by us
- The Alton Towers Resort has complete control over the location and installation date of the bricks
- Once you submit your order form, there will be no opportunity to make any amendments to the inscription.
Credit to the BubbleBoi

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 pm

Seems a really good way to have a piece of AT I guess.. but I bet after a short period of time, vandalism to the bricks will occur from people who just do it 'for a laugh' or '#Yolo'.

... *inhales deeply* ](*,)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:52 pm

It does seem a good idea but personally I think it's a bit too pricey for me :)

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Luce wrote:
It does seem a good idea but personally I think it's a bit too pricey for me :)

If this was £20 I might actually consider buying one as it’s a great novelty gift... but for £50 I would rather pay for park entry for 2 people with 2-4-1s!

Nickolai
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:32 pm

Hopefully guests will be informed on where they are placed so they can find them!
Formally Smiler313

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:40 pm

I don't think it is bad. If you get two to four of you then you can always share a brick. At the end of the day, if you want your name at the park then it is a brilliant opportunity. I'm seriously thinking about it!

DavidRock
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Interesting way to raise funds. I know football stadiums and Zoos do similar things. As mentioned above it depends on where the bricks are and also the threat of vandalism. Also MAP discount 

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:41 pm

I think this is an interesting idea - I’m quite tempted by it myself! Admittedly, it’s a bit on the pricey side, but it’s one of the more unique ways of supporting the park. However, I have two questions: will we get an official TTSP brick, and will we get an official John Wardley brick? :P

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:50 pm

We'll have to wait and see. John Wardley would be a nice touch! I also think mixing it up with classic and current ride names would be a nice touch.

NemeJaney
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Seems like a nice way of leaving a mark on the park if you are prepared to pay that much :) Nothing wrong with investing in what makes you happy (if you can afford it) after all! 

However, my main concern is potential vandalism: it doesn't seem likely that they'd have security watching over them at all times, and these kinds of things tend to stand out to petty vandals. Imagine paying up to £50 and then going back to find that someone's altered a letter to make a rude word, scratched it beyond legibility etc. :O Perhaps it isn't that likely but it would be a shame. 

Not to put people off, though! If you fancy it, go for it!

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:40 am

This really surprised me when I saw it promoted. I really like it though I'd never do it due to not being able to go to towers often. Its a nice touch that will add alot of personality to where they're added and reminds me of the entrances in planet coaster

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:09 pm

We are only 5 weeks away from opening and still we don't have any confirmed opening hours from the park. I wonder why it is taking long that usual to announce the opening times for the park?
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Wagstaff04
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:00 pm

Well, since the calamity that was the previous opening times, i expect they’re taking some time to revise them and see which rides should open when. 

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Wagstaff04 wrote:
Well, since the calamity that was the previous opening times, i expect they’re taking some time to revise them and see which rides should open when. 

The ride opening times have already been released, as covered in this TowersTimes News article.

The thing everybody wants to know now is, what time will the rides be closing? This is one of the main pieces of information that people want to know when planning a trip. Hopefully we’ll have some news in the next couple of weeks.
Credit to the BubbleBoi