General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TT Member
User

Burniel

Re: Alton Towers - General Discussion

by Burniel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:19 pm

What on Earth do they mean by "a standard ticket only gets you 7 rides" and other such statements? Blatantly incorrect facts as usual, or just misrepresentation?
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Burniel wrote:What on Earth do they mean by "a standard ticket only gets you 7 rides" and other such statements? Blatantly incorrect facts as usual, or just misrepresentation?

In that example, I think it means 7 is the average number of rides guests can get on without purchasing fastrack.
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Well these people need to plan their days better... I can easily get over 20 rides in a day, even on peak days
Ride count 2017: 91!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 602!
Cred count: 63!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:06 pm

Liam.W wrote:Well these people need to plan their days better... I can easily get over 20 rides in a day, even on peak days

That 7 was for Thorpe Park on a Saturday in July, which I wouldn't say is an unreasonable estimate (especially given recent operations :P). Overall, I don't think the article's estimates are too unfair for the typical guest, although the wording of the article may lead to some confusion over quite what is meant.

TT Member
User

homer22422

by homer22422 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:22 pm

lewis97, I know what you are trying to say but the way that the mirror said "While Legoland gets you a lot for your money, Alton Towers is the biggest rip-off" is still outrageous
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:55 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Burniel wrote:What on Earth do they mean by "a standard ticket only gets you 7 rides" and other such statements? Blatantly incorrect facts as usual, or just misrepresentation?

In that example, I think it means 7 is the average number of rides guests can get on without purchasing fastrack.

Thanks for clearing that up, I had a feeling this was what they were going for, just hoped I was wrong.

Citation needed right there. I know the Mirror have cited a source, but I'd love to know the conditions of how the "researchers" got their information and how many times they did it to ensure that they really were visiting on an "average" Saturday. I have a feeling the number of visits per park will be not dissimilar from 1.

I get that us enthusiasts talking about how we're capable of so many more is a poor counter-argument, but on any day that Thorpe Park is so busy that I can only get on 7 rides in a single day, there's no way I can get on 13 rides at Legoland on an indentical day. Not only this, but it depends purely on which 7/9/12/13 rides you want to get on, which physically cannot be standardised across the parks due to their difference in nature. How long are you planning on spending eating lunch or browsing shops? What was the weather like? To visit each park on a Saturday in July and conclude at the end of it that everyone gets the same value for money is misrepresentation to the point of ridicule.

Also, a plus size clothing brand is a reliable source of theme park news nowadays, apparently ...
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

TT Member
User

AltonOperator

by AltonOperator » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:17 pm

It's absolute rubbish. I'm not sure what it's on about when it says that alton has 12 rides but legoland has 42! Also, you don't have to buy the fasttrack, alton towers isn't a rip off; the fasttrack is. You can go to alton towers for a lot less than what it says
God Bless Tea Towels
TT Member
User

OhShambhala

by OhShambhala » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:26 am

Them saying there are only 12 rides isn't just misinterpretation, it is literally libel and untrue. Wouldn't suprise me if Merlin have a court case over this.
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!

TT Member
User

Dan says hi

by Dan says hi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:53 am

Hi I'm new here. I did post in the introduction topic. But I was just wondering if a ride downtime topic is going to be created like normal. Or is it just being discussed on here. I would post one but I don't think I'm allowed as I'm new.
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:10 pm

Dan says hi wrote:Hi I'm new here. I did post in the introduction topic. But I was just wondering if a ride downtime topic is going to be created like normal. Or is it just being discussed on here. I would post one but I don't think I'm allowed as I'm new.

Welcome to the forum! There is a Ride Downtime topic here.

I have moved today's discussion about downtime there, and it would be preferable if all future discussion of the sort could take place in that topic :)
TT Member
User

ATI

by ATI » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:06 pm

How come Galactica has been #Unavailable for the past week or so? is it to do with the VR?
We were born to fly...
TT Member
User

DeadJack5

by DeadJack5 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:33 pm

ATI wrote:How come Galactica has been #Unavailable for the past week or so? is it to do with the VR?

I've heard (Not confirmed so i'm not 100% to be trusted) it's something to do with a chain needing to be replaced and being delivered from Germany. This would make sense as by the lift hill, there was a barrier so maybe to stop people from getting by it, I mean, it's pretty easy to get to with the barrier but just precaution. Again, this isn't 100% confirmed.

TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:25 am

Galactica has now reopened according to Ridetimes
Ride count 2017: 91!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 602!
Cred count: 63!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
TT Member
User

Bert2theSpark

by Bert2theSpark » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:12 pm

Open on the last day of the holidays. How inconvenient... :lol

Does anyone know if the VR is working again?
Community Advocate
User

Dan

by Dan » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Bert2theSpark wrote:Open on the last day of the holidays. How inconvenient... :lol

Does anyone know if the VR is working again?

The VR is stil unavailable.
TT Member
User

NemesisRider

by NemesisRider » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:59 pm

Honestly quite surprised that Galactica isn't running with the VR again yet - and even more surprisingly, I've not seen much of a backlash against it running without. I hope the new headsets are an improvement, even if I do prefer to ride without :)
Check out my NoLimits 2 creations here
"I'm a bit sad that you can't at least look round without being blamed for 75% of all kidnappings ever"
TT Member
User

Count-Vonduel

by Count-Vonduel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the F&B on park this year has taken a nose dive?
Team Admin
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Count-Vonduel wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the F&B on park this year has taken a nose dive?

What do you mean? That's a pretty general statement, it might help people reply and discuss things better if you were a little more specific and gave some examples :)

I've only been to the park once so far this season and ate in the Rollercoaster Restaurant and did notice some menu changes - some changes were an improvement, however others (e.g. the changes to the curry) were not changes for the better.
Fabulous
User

Lee

by Lee » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:28 pm

Ladyofthelake wrote:
Count-Vonduel wrote:(e.g. the changes to the curry) were not changes for the better.

This is one of thr most ominous things I've read. I dread to discover this :lol
Community Advocate
User

Justin

by Justin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:43 pm

I've been impressed with the food offering this year. The vegetarian options have improved greatly!
PreviousNext