General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Scarefest

Team Admin
User

Ladyofthelake

Re: Scarefest

by Ladyofthelake » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:02 pm

As reported on TowersTimes News, the Resort have received five ScareCON Scar Award nominations, four of which are for Altonville Mine Tours: Uncover the Legend of the Skin Snatchers.

This is a reflection of the continued hard work the Resort have been putting into improving the Scarefest offering over the past couple of years. However, I am somewhat disappointed that House of Monsters was not nominated in any category, as for me that was the stand out addition to the line-up last year.
Community Advocate
User

Justin

by Justin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:21 pm

I must agree, Lakey!

The Scarefest line up was particularly strong last year and it would have been nice for House of Monsters to receive some recognition. This was a well executed attraction with great theming and storyline. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to its return this year.

Hopefully, we will see Terror receive a complete makeover this year, with Sub Species following the year after. If they can keep the line up on a rolling refresh, setting high standards, then I can see them winning the Halloween battle for many years to come.
TT Member
User

Frontdoordumbledore

by Frontdoordumbledore » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

I always look forward to Halloween on the channels! Theme park worldwide are always fab, theme park planet could do something decent potentially. Insidethetowers I've heard are planning something big.
TT Member
User

ScareTOUR

by ScareTOUR » Mon May 08, 2017 8:27 pm

We think the reason House of Monsters didn't get shortlisted is because the panel were probably thinking about "main scare mazes". It certainly was a highlight of the 2016 line up, and we are very pleased to see it return in 2017
TT Member
User

Robert W

by Robert W » Sat May 13, 2017 11:34 pm

The first time I visited Alton during Scarefest was in 2016, so this year will have a lot to live up to since the bar was set so high last year!
TT Member
User

DeadJack5

by DeadJack5 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:30 am

I can't see it on their website but has the 2017 dates been announced yet?
TT Member
User

ROYJESS

by ROYJESS » Thu May 25, 2017 9:32 am

The dates are displayed here

https://www.altontowers.com/activities/events/

7th, 8th, 14th, 15th, 20th - 31st October
Previous