UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Merchandise

Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Clothing, mugs and anything you can use for me as well as rare items and resins ( two mugs, three pieces of clothing, two maps so far this year! )
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Teammaddiz
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:37 pm

I've had an Oblivion 10 year celebration monkey puppet for some years now but have not heard of it anywhere on the internet. It's wearing a bright yellow hoodie, has an Oblivion badge reading 1998 - 2008 along with the Oblivion logo, and has a button in its tongue that produces monkey noises when pressed. Can't remember where I got it from but would be interested to learn more about it!

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:57 am

last time I went to Alton Towers, I came back with 6 mugs, (a collection) from the Towers Street store, I have been banned from buying anymore mugs.

I have got alot of use of them, which I simply wouldnt have done alot of the other merchandise at the park.

Macca79
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:03 am

wamdue wrote:
last time I went to Alton Towers, I came back with 6 mugs, (a collection) from the Towers Street store, I have been banned from buying anymore mugs.

I have got alot of use of them, which I simply wouldnt have done alot of the other merchandise at the park.

I fell that.
I get at least 2 3 new mugs every year i go(3 for the price of 2) my wife has now told me any more mugs and im in trouble. my Cupboards are full of them lol

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Although this isn't official Merchandise, I made this a couple of years back at school as a Technology project. (But the first 'S' is missing)
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

nemyjoe
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:10 am

Smiler313 wrote:
Although this isn't official Merchandise, I made this a couple of years back at school as a Technology project. (But the first 'S' is missing)

omg :D now that is cool. how did you make it? i made a lamp themed to the smiler in a tech class about 2 years ago.

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:08 am

Well, we used some CAD software called 2D Design Tools which enabled us to draw out out our design and we had to draw it out in different angles. I had to get a logo off google and in a way 'Photoshop' it to just get the outline. You choose the colour of the lines so I would use red to cut and blue to etch etc. So, that's how I kinda did it in a nutshell! :D

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 am

Nice find on eBay!

Ride count 2017: 422!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 933!
Cred count: 70!

bartlettmike707
TT Member
TT Member

The ultimate Nemesis souvenir

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:02 am

This is has got be the ultimate piece of Nemesis souvenir merchandise!
Take a look:
http://www.retro-arcade.co.uk

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:55 am

That is proper cool, but I imagine, stupidly epensive.
Even the good can fall from grace

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat May 13, 2017 1:25 pm

I bought a really nice bit of merchandise last week, a postcard of the towers which is from a painting - it was just on the tills in Towers Trading and was only 50p :)

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Smiler313 wrote:

Cool. At first glance I thought that was actually real Alton Towers merchandise!

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 18, 2017 7:33 pm

I have designed and made another piece of unofficial merchandise, and that is 'The Smiler Tablet Holder'.

It is made out of oak wood, acrylic and brass rods and was very fun to make. I think it has turned out not to badly! Here are some photos. (Sorry if they are a bit dark! :lol)

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat May 20, 2017 7:09 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if Alton got some Lego sets made which were based on their attractions e.g. Oblivion drop and Galactica portal. To be honest, the idea could be extended to Merlin. If not, someone needs to submit it to Lego for a new set idea!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Justin wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if Alton got some Lego sets made which were based on their attractions e.g. Oblivion drop and Galactica portal. To be honest, the idea could be extended to Merlin. If not, someone needs to submit it to Lego for a new set idea!

That would be an awesome idea! :D

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 20, 2017 11:13 pm

There is an american company (Coasterdynamix) that makes working and static rollercoaster models. They have a lego compatible prototype kit so that you can build your own roller coasters. I believe that the products are mainly available in the USA, but I'm sure that Lego and Alton could bring out similar kits which would be cool.

https://www.coasterdynamix.com/

http://www.trackworx.com/lego-coasterdy ... er-factory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayoTx_U6-Cc

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 20, 2017 11:21 pm

ROYJESS wrote:
There is an american company (Coasterdynamix) that makes working and static rollercoaster models. They have a lego compatible prototype kit so that you can build your own roller coasters. I believe that the products are mainly available in the USA, but I'm sure that Lego and Alton could bring out similar kits which would be cool.

https://www.coasterdynamix.com/

http://www.trackworx.com/lego-coasterdy ... er-factory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayoTx_U6-Cc

I think more detailed features of the rides, made of Lego would be better than a small recreation of the whole ride.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun May 21, 2017 5:21 pm

See I'm different. I would rather have a small scale model of the ride. It doesn't have to move or anything. Just a full recreation, like they did with the diecast coaster trains/cars, would be pretty awesome.
Even the good can fall from grace

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 21, 2017 11:51 pm

I also personally would love to see scale models of the entire rides too, but I think in terms of Alton merchandise, ride features might actually sell better in the shops.

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 22, 2017 1:02 am

I'm into lego quite a bit and this is certainly the most promising lego coaster I've seen but for this to really take off lego would have to officially back it.

Robert W wrote:
I also personally would love to see scale models of the entire rides too, but I think in terms of Alton merchandise, ride features might actually sell better in the shops.

A lego display model(similar size to something like this) range from €150 up so for that alone I dont see it being sold in AT but then again if it was like what dom said stationary and maybe just section of the ride that could be done for a good price and I imagine it would sell well as most people do like lego. merlin and lego are connected and I really want a lego nemesis display....I can dream