UK theme parks from another point of view!

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Staff and Recruitment General Discussion

Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Do Merlin offer apprenticeships?
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

tytansley
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:18 am

Hi, I'm going for an interview for ride host on Monday. Is there any staff members here that can PM me about the recruitment process, and where to find accommodation if (Fingers crossed!) I get the job?
Thank you!

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:11 pm

tytansley wrote:
Hi, I'm going for an interview for ride host on Monday. Is there any staff members here that can PM me about the recruitment process, and where to find accommodation if (Fingers crossed!) I get the job?
Thank you!

Firstly good luck! But remember staff at the park do monitor Towers forums including TowersTimes and TowersStreet so be extra careful when posting any let's say 'constructive feedback' online. Also welcome to TowersTimes!

CoasterTastic
TT Member
TT Member

Working at a Theme Park?

Sun May 14, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. :D

So eventually when I leave school, I would like to work at Alton Towers with the aim of operating a ride like nemesis, etc. I understand that you can't do this overnight and wondered if anyone on here who might work at a theme park, etc could give me some info about this? Many thanks. :)

Robert W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Working at a Theme Park?

Mon May 15, 2017 12:06 am

CoasterTastic wrote:
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. :D

So eventually when I leave school, I would like to work at Alton Towers with the aim of operating a ride like nemesis, etc. I understand that you can't do this overnight and wondered if anyone on here who might work at a theme park, etc could give me some info about this? Many thanks. :)

I believe that you can become a ride operator as long as your 18 or older. I think they will require you to do a small period of ride hosting before becoming an operator though. They will train you to operate the ride so you will need pretty much no prior experience anyway.

definedancing
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 20, 2017 7:23 pm

You wouldn't go straight to a large coaster though. You'd be doing a season or so on a smaller rides or a couple of small ones first to get to grips with operating.

Good luck :)

towerslover
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Does anybody know if it is possible to commute to towers from Derby using public transport/a staff bus daily? Thanks :)

definedancing
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:02 pm

You'd have a bit of a hard time as afaik there's no direct buses unless the x52 is still running. Depending on where you're working as well you may be required to be in as early as 8am each day. Your best bet is to drive or find someone willing to take you in halfway (Uttoxeter or Ashbourne perhaps).

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Does anyone know much about the pay structure for Alton Towers. For instance would someone know how much would a Manager's wage be?
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Pay will vary depending on the role and experience the candidate has. It would be worth checking out http://www.merlincareers.com for more information.