UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 510
Joined: May 2017
Contact:

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:46 pm

They also searched bags at Scarefest last year, but for some reason, not on both days of our visit which was a little strange...
Image

Image
Image
 
User avatar
jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 183
Joined: August 2017
Location: Forbidden Valley

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:06 pm

I don't think it's just after the terror attack, bag searches have been in place at Alton Towers, Warwick Castle, Legoland D.C. Manchester and some Sealife centres at peak dates since at least mid 2015.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
jwewan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 13
Joined: August 2017

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:00 am

How busy will the park get? I'm going to the park on Friday the 27th and was just wondering how busy the park would be, with it being half term and all. Another question for you all, what's the longest queue you've ever seen / been in at the towers :)
 
Colinweir
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 21
Joined: September 2017

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:55 am

It was quite busy yesterday and not a lot of the English Schools were finished for half term. Smiler, Rita, Thirteen and Mone Train all had queues of 60mins at some points. Spin all whizzer was always constantly very busy!
 
Hoppalong
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2
Joined: October 2017

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Any personal experiences of riding with a plaster cast?

I've read the Access policy and it is a bit wishy washy and rightly mainly deals with disabled access. I'm in a lower leg cast for a ruptured achilles tendon. While this is bothersome (I'll be taking crutches and a wheelchair to get around the cbeebies hotel and park later this week) i'm not in pain and with the cast on the tendon is immobilised. It's just a waiting game, a 10 week long waiting game!

While I'd be happy riding most of the rides (I'd love a chance to have some evening rides during scarefest) are the staff going to to take one look at me and refuse entry or will they let me argue the toss?

In all honesty I'd probably avoid the dangly leg rides .... but would still like to ride rita and others as much as possible.
 
User avatar
Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 466
Joined: October 2012
Location: ...look behind you...

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:52 am

Am I allowed to wear face paint at scarefest?

Please can you answer me ASAP as, a(at time of typing) I'm setting out in an hour!
 
User avatar
Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 1674
Joined: April 2014

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:14 am

I know the reply is late, but yes!
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 466
Joined: October 2012
Location: ...look behind you...

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:37 am

I'm on the bus to town now, thank you!
I'll put the face paint on, on the train!
 
User avatar
Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 368
Joined: July 2016
Location: In The Smiler's Baggage Hold

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:45 am

Does anyone know how many trains The Smiker is on because it is fireworks today?
Image
Image
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'
 
User avatar
Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1076
Joined: March 2015
Location: Rotherham

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:52 am

I assume it would be 4 with it being a very busy day. (Although at the moment queues aren't too bad) 
Ride count 2017: 422!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 933!
Cred count: 70!

Image
 
User avatar
Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 2220
Joined: June 2009

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:54 am

Liam.W wrote:
I assume it would be 4 with it being a very busy day. (Although at the moment queues aren't too bad) 


The Smiler is on 4 trains today.
Image
 
User avatar
Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 368
Joined: July 2016
Location: In The Smiler's Baggage Hold

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Seems Alton are a bit more confident now with running it on 4.
Image
Image
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'
 
JC13
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 73
Joined: September 2017
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Does anyone know the opening date for the 2018 season? Thinking of going for SW8 opening day
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4261
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire / York

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:46 pm

There are 2-for-1 entry vouchers being given out today, for which the terms and conditions seem to imply that the theme park will open on Saturday 17th March.
Image
 
JC13
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 73
Joined: September 2017
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:59 pm

lewis97 wrote:
There are 2-for-1 entry vouchers being given out today, for which the terms and conditions seem to imply that the theme park will open on Saturday 17th March.


Thanks! I’ll make sure to get a hotel booked!
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4261
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire / York

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:29 pm

JC13 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:
There are 2-for-1 entry vouchers being given out today, for which the terms and conditions seem to imply that the theme park will open on Saturday 17th March.


Thanks! I’ll make sure to get a hotel booked!

Well I'd recommend waiting for it to be properly confirmed before booking a hotel...
Image
 
JC13
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 73
Joined: September 2017
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:03 pm

lewis97 wrote:
JC13 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:
There are 2-for-1 entry vouchers being given out today, for which the terms and conditions seem to imply that the theme park will open on Saturday 17th March.


Thanks! I’ll make sure to get a hotel booked!

Well I'd recommend waiting for it to be properly confirmed before booking a hotel...

I will, just want to book the asap to make sure I can get there early, the day they announce opening dates I will book that hotel room
 
Lenic
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2
Joined: November 2017

Visit the Towers

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:24 am

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can advise if it’s possible to visit the Towers complex without having to pay for access to the whole park (out of season maybe)? I’m currently building a model of the house with Lego, so would be good to get in the palaces not normally open to the public, so I can get more accuracy to the model (plus I’m fascinated with the place!)
 
Pics of my current progress with the model can be found here: http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/435640
 
Thanks in advance,
 
Lee.
 
User avatar
Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 1981
Joined: March 2003
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am

Lenic wrote:
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can advise if it’s possible to visit the Towers complex without having to pay for access to the whole park (out of season maybe)? I’m currently building a model of the house with Lego, so would be good to get in the palaces not normally open to the public, so I can get more accuracy to the model (plus I’m fascinated with the place!)
 
Pics of my current progress with the model can be found here: http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/435640
 
Thanks in advance,
 
Lee.

Hi Lee,

Your question did not require a new topic so have moved it to quick questions.

Unfortunately you cannot gain access to the Towers without paying the general admission charge. It is always better to go in the Spring or Summer as they also close parts for Scarefest prep.

Nice model!
Image
 
Lenic
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2
Joined: November 2017

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 am

Thanks Chris. Will make another visit next spring then!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests