UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 94
Joined: March 2017
Location: The Th13teen crypt having tea with James

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Not your fault at all, happy we could help.

I think it's probably best if we move this along so what's the deal with the CBeebies land hotel? Is it true that you can't even look around or use the restaurant without a wristband saying you have a room?
GodBlessTeaTowels
 
User avatar
Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 3202
Joined: May 2013
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:13 pm

AltonOperator wrote:
Not your fault at all, happy we could help.

I think it's probably best if we move this along so what's the deal with the CBeebies land hotel? Is it true that you can't even look around or use the restaurant without a wristband saying you have a room?

Due to the target audience for the CBeebies Land Hotel being young families only those who have a booking for that hotel can enter. When you check in adults are given purple lanyards and children are given yellow wristbands so staff can easily identify who is resident in the hotel. All of the doors are also operated by a keycard system so you can only open both interior and exterior doors in the CBeebies Land Hotel with your room key.
Image
 
User avatar
AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 94
Joined: March 2017
Location: The Th13teen crypt having tea with James

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Cool thanks for the help. I understand this is necessary for security but I still think it's a shame that you can't experience it without being fairly rich. These rooms are very expensive so it does price out a lot of families.
GodBlessTeaTowels
 
User avatar
Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 1246
Joined: April 2014

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:09 pm

Ladyofthelake wrote:
AltonOperator wrote:
Not your fault at all, happy we could help.

I think it's probably best if we move this along so what's the deal with the CBeebies land hotel? Is it true that you can't even look around or use the restaurant without a wristband saying you have a room?

Due to the target audience for the CBeebies Land Hotel being young families only those who have a booking for that hotel can enter. When you check in adults are given purple lanyards and children are given yellow wristbands so staff can easily identify who is resident in the hotel. All of the doors are also operated by a keycard system so you can only open both interior and exterior doors in the CBeebies Land Hotel with your room key.

Two or three years down the line I may be able to visit!
That's one of the first places to visit with my new niece or nephew! 
Image
Image
 
User avatar
AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 94
Joined: March 2017
Location: The Th13teen crypt having tea with James

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:50 pm

You'd better start saving up!
GodBlessTeaTowels
 
User avatar
Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 1246
Joined: April 2014

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:06 pm

:lolI'm not that generous. 50% off codes  :lol
Image
Image
 
pompeyjags
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 31
Joined: November 2012
Location: inverness, scotland

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Apologies in advance on this one, can anyone tell what perks(if any) you get with the £70 AT annual pass? Apart from entry to the park. The lady at the desk said something about some discount at certain shops but wasn't sure.

Thanks again.

(Ps, I'm on my phone so the towers website isn't loading correctly for some reason)
 
User avatar
Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 3202
Joined: May 2013
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:24 pm

pompeyjags wrote:
Apologies in advance on this one, can anyone tell what perks(if any) you get with the £70 AT annual pass? Apart from entry to the park. The lady at the desk said something about some discount at certain shops but wasn't sure.

Thanks again.

(Ps, I'm on my phone so the towers website isn't loading correctly for some reason)

You get 20% discount on food and beverage and retail, plus free car parking in the standard car park I believe :)
Image
 
pompeyjags
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 31
Joined: November 2012
Location: inverness, scotland

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Thank you.
 
User avatar
george.murray
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 14
Joined: August 2017
Location: Daventry, United Kingdom

Does anyone know what this is?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:31 pm

I have always gone past this gate house but never knew where it leads to or if it is used?
Pic
Some Zomponies Are Armed & They May Fight Back. So Prepare To Duel!
 
User avatar
Morgan
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2010
Joined: September 2014
Location: Altonville Mines

Re: Does anyone know what this is?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:27 pm

That's the entrance the Talbot family would've used to enter the estate when they lived there :)
Image
 
User avatar
george.murray
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 14
Joined: August 2017
Location: Daventry, United Kingdom

Re: Does anyone know what this is?

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Morgan wrote:
That's the entrance the Talbot family would've used to enter the estate when they lived there :)

Thank you! there is also a house past Oblivion's service entrance but its in the grounds of Alton Towers no one could live there could they?
Some Zomponies Are Armed & They May Fight Back. So Prepare To Duel!
 
User avatar
jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 141
Joined: August 2017
Location: Forbidden Valley

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:07 pm

That's owned by the resort, pretty sure it's one of the staff buildings.
Image
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.
 
User avatar
TheSmilerMan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 1225
Joined: July 2012

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:18 pm

Various houses on the resort are used by the resort as staff break rooms, storage or offices. The entrance posted few posts back is still in the resort limit and as stated is the entrance the family would have used, particularly as over the road is the old Alton train station. The house opposite oblivion is the staff break room. 
Image
 
User avatar
george.murray
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 14
Joined: August 2017
Location: Daventry, United Kingdom

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:24 pm

thank you so much wouldn't mind living there haha
Some Zomponies Are Armed & They May Fight Back. So Prepare To Duel!
 
User avatar
Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 406
Joined: May 2017

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Does any body here know who used to live in the Swiss Cottage in the gardens? I've always been curios... just imagine the views every single day!
Image
 
User avatar
george.murray
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 14
Joined: August 2017
Location: Daventry, United Kingdom

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:42 pm

Robert W wrote:
Does any body here know who used to live in the Swiss Cottage in the gardens? I've always been curios... just imagine the views every single day!

Jealous! 
Some Zomponies Are Armed & They May Fight Back. So Prepare To Duel!
 
User avatar
Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 406
Joined: May 2017

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:45 pm

george.murray wrote:
Robert W wrote:
Does any body here know who used to live in the Swiss Cottage in the gardens? I've always been curios... just imagine the views every single day!

Jealous! 

Yup! Although, I did live in a house with amazing gardens a few years back.
Image
 
User avatar
george.murray
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 14
Joined: August 2017
Location: Daventry, United Kingdom

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Robert W wrote:
george.murray wrote:
Robert W wrote:
Does any body here know who used to live in the Swiss Cottage in the gardens? I've always been curios... just imagine the views every single day!

Jealous! 

Yup! Although, I did live in a house with amazing gardens a few years back.

Still want a home near Alton Towers don't care about the "noise" 
Some Zomponies Are Armed & They May Fight Back. So Prepare To Duel!
 
User avatar
Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 466
Joined: October 2012
Location: ...look behind you...

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:58 am

Anyone know why splash landings can't be booked from 19th sept to at least 26th Oct (I have not looked past that date)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 75 guests