UK theme parks from another point of view!

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Your best option is probably getting a train to Uttoxeter as I believe this is the closest stop to Towers, and then getting a taxi. 
Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:20 pm

The timetables aren't great though. From my hometown there is no train that can get you there early enough so you have to go the day before.
GodBlessTeaTowels

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:12 pm

You can get a train to Stoke railway station and there used to be a bus from there, but I'm not sure if it's still running.
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Taxis are about £20 from Stoke-On-Trent train station which isn't bad if you split it between people.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:45 pm

At previous Scarefest's the park has sold hoodies of the event- was wondering if they're the usual price and if MAP discount can be applied? :)

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:58 pm

£32 and yes, usual discounts apply!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Thanks, I'll have to pick one up :p)

gurb1986
TT Member
TT Member

ID

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:03 am

Hi everyone
When checking in to the hotels. You are required to provide ID. Is that just for the person who made the booking or the whole family? Do I need to take kids passports?
Thanks in advance

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Re: ID

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:00 am

gurb1986 wrote:
Hi everyone
When checking in to the hotels. You are required to provide ID. Is that just for the person who made the booking or the whole family? Do I need to take kids passports?
Thanks in advance

Hi, 
You only need ID for the person who made the booking so no, you won't need to take the kid's passports  :)
Hope you have a great trip!

ewoodier82
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Does anyone know if the path which connects forbidden valley with the hotels has reopened (its name escapes me) and what time it usually opens?

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi ewoodier82,

The Woodland Walk is currently closed. It is unknown if this will reopen.

brick60000
TT Member
TT Member

The Flume Remnants

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi all,

The recent announcement of the Flume items auction has prompted me of a question I had during my last visit to Alton Towers.

In the forest which the Flume used to pass through, I noticed the concrete trough for part of the track, and an apparent tunnel beyond this are still present. Is this the tunnel through which the wide used to pass? Also, does any of the ride remain within the tunnel (such as the duck, etc?)

Apologies if this has already been raised anywhere.

Regards,

Brick60000

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:46 pm

I believe all theming was removed when they troughs were scrapped.

achowe
TT Member
TT Member

Early ride time with hotel booking

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Hi there

We have booked the one night stay and one day entry package for monday....we are in the park monday and staying monday night. Do we still gey early ride time on the monday morning?
If we park in the hotel car park on arrival monday morning can we access the park from there or do we have to go to the main entrance?

Thanks!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Yes, you should receive Early Ride Time as you've booked your tickets online, alongside an accommodation package, as per this information stated on the Resort's website:

Early Ride Time is only available for guests who have purchased in advance at altontowers.com, have booked tickets alongside accommodation packages, are Annual Pass holders or other select tickets.

After parking in the hotel car park, you will either have to catch the Monorail or walk to the main entrance to enter the theme park, as, to my knowledge, the Woodland Walk isn't open.

JohnsterAT
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:31 am

Hi All,

Planning a trip to AT on Thursday 19th Oct which is the last day of normal season. Bringing my twin boys along so it's mainly a trip to CBeebies land and then get them to sleep so I can get on a few rides myself. Even at 2 and a half, they love rides having done Flamingo Land and Lightwater Valley already this year.

Just wondering if, as I suspect, the park will be very quiet that day? Also would there be a big difference in crowds on the friday for Scarefest? with it still being a weekday.

Cheers!

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:28 pm

At a guess, the park should be reasonably quiet on the Thursday.  The Friday last year turned out to be quiet busy (and the traveller community turned up, but might be different this year) 

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Hey folks, considering doing Scarefest on the 31st this year. With it being Halloween, is that usually pretty busy or?
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm hoping that it will be quiet as kids should be back at school, saying that, some schools differ. Also being Halloween itself, it might also be busy. Last year I did Colchester zoo Fright night on several days and the Halloween day itself was the quietest of all their Fight nights, again the kids were back at school.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:15 pm

In certain parts of the country, half term starts on Friday 20th September, so it may be busy. I hope not though as I'm down that day!