UK theme parks from another point of view!

SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Ah my bad, I’d been told it still applied to prebooked tickets
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways

Instagram (there's bunch of random stuff but a tonne of theme parks): @jess_baker.98

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:08 pm

Does anyone know when about the PMAP fireworks pre-sale tickets went on sale last year? 
credit to sam!

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:16 pm

Stan.H wrote:
Does anyone know when about the PMAP fireworks pre-sale tickets went on sale last year? 

I think it was during the later part of the year when more details was released about the event so maybe around August/ September time
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:31 pm

Firework tickets were released mid-June :)

cassandra.pirelli
TT Member
TT Member

Help! What entertainment is available for toddlers when the waterpark is shut?

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi, I've booked to stay in the CBeebies hotel arriving on Wednesday night and leaving on Friday. We're on the waterpark package but I've just found out the waterpark is shut on Thursday -which is our only full day at he resort! What other entertainment is available out of season for young toddlers? I'm getting mixed messages from the call centre staff on what the CBeebies hotel entertainment is, one said that there's a meet and greet where kids can have their photos taken with tv characters, another says there is 14 hours of non stop games. I'm hoping it's the latter as the former doesn't sound like it will entertain the little Ines for a full day. Has anyone here been there and tried it out of the main season? Does anyone know if there's another pool, or a soft play area, or ANYTHING? Thank you

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:14 pm

You can view the winter entertainments schedule for the CBeebies Land Hotel by scrolling down on this page - it’s mainly meet and greets in the morning (from 8am), then with more shows and activities in the afternoon and evening (until shortly after 9pm).

Other than the Waterpark there’s only Extraordinary Golf, although I’m not sure how suitable that would be.

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:34 pm

This might be an obvious question but is the Annual DigiPass only available if you have a MAP?

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:48 pm

jackf1tz wrote:
This might be an obvious question but is the Annual DigiPass only available if you have a MAP?

Yes. Daily digipasses are available for day guests but the Annual Digipass is only available to MAP holders.

Rustyo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi all, I’ve been reading the forums for many years but have signed up to ask the question about the Congo River Rapids.

Has there been any updates regarding the fitting of any restraints to the boats and if the waterfalls will be back on?

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:51 pm

On my last visit the rapids didn’t have any additional restraints and the waterfalls were working, however they often do seem to be none operational.

Also....... Welcome to the forum!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Actually I do remember some talk about modifications or something to the Rapids boats when TowersStreet took a picture of one of Thorpe's Rapids boats at Towers during the closed season... there won't be any individual restraints I don't think, but possibly some modifications at the entrance gaps... even if that is still very unlikely.

And yes, welcome to the forum! :)

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:50 pm

The boats were out on Saturday at the end of the rapids by the lift. I don't think I can recall any modifications having been made to the boats but I could be wrong.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Rustyo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks all, I just hope they do something even if it does mean restraints and we get the water falls back and dare I say the cannons.

Earl of Shrewsbury
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Could someone please let me know what the opening procedure is this year for those without ERT?

Can you pass through the turnstiles without ERT from 9.30am - 10am (obviously without access to any rides)?

Or are those without ERT kept queuing at the turnstiles until 10am?

Cheers.

coasterchemist
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Earl of Shrewsbury wrote:
Could someone please let me know what the opening procedure is this year for those without ERT?

Can you pass through the turnstiles without ERT from 9.30am - 10am (obviously without access to any rides)?

Cheers.

If it's anything like last year, you'll be kept outside until 10.  There's no other easy way to distinguish between guests with ERT and those without

Kraken
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:12 pm

Earl of Shrewsbury wrote:

Cheers.

The only time I am aware of when Towers have operated a "rope-drop" (Disney term) at the bottom of Towers Street during ERT is during the Scottish school trips fortnight (typically the middle two weeks of June, but it can vary slightly by area).  The school trips coaches often set off from Scotland very late at night and drive through the night to Towers, so you have them arriving at Towers well ahead of your average day visitor.  It makes sense for Towers to admit the guests into Towers Street / open Towers Trading, Corner Coffee & any other food outlet they can as it's easy money for them.  They have staff at the bottom of Towers Street with the rope that only people entitled to ERT will be allowed past, until 10am.  

Whether they will do this again for 2018 remains to be seen, as cutbacks seem to be the order of the day.  That said, as above the Scottish school trips are a captive audience to be relieved of money when they pull up at Towers early.  

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 pm

I don't think they'll let people in because it will be very hard to manage. It is very likely that passholders and Hotel Guests will be the only ones admitted as a perk. This way, guests are able to make their way to CBeebies or Wicker Man. Having a rope system, even to open up Corner Coffee and Towers Trading would be problamatic and very hard to police. I also expect there would be many unhappy guests, more so than those waiting at the turnstiles as they are in the park but have anywhere to go. If people pushed through then this would cause tension too!

AndreJD
TT Member
TT Member

Ride order

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:34 pm

With new opening times for different sections of the park and a new ride, would anyone care to share their strategy for moving around the park and making the most of the day?

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Ride order

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:37 pm

AndreJD wrote:
With new opening times for different sections of the park and a new ride, would anyone care to share their strategy for moving around the park and making the most of the day?

Wicker Man (get in there quick :P)
The Smiler
Oblivion
Rita
Th13teen
Skyride
Galactica
Nemesis
Duel
Rapids

2018 makes the 2015 cuts look like heaven!
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld: From Park to Planet. Experience worlds of wonder, thrills and discovery.

SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!

TheBeornen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:19 pm

I can guess that Easter weekend is gonna be busy but is Easter Monday usually busy?
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...