UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:41 am

saw-x-smile wrote:
I'm not certain either, but when you look it up online, this pops up https://www.towerstimes.co.uk/theme-park/transportation/woodland-walk/ . It seems to be closed at this moment in time, but if it was open and I was to guess, I think it's a separate entrance since it says you'd enter at Forbidden Valley, and it does seem to suggest that you can use ERT there at 8:45. 

The information on the Woodland Walk page on the website was correct at the time of its closure for the construction of the CBeebies Land Hotel.

Given it isn’t referenced on the Alton Towers website itself, nor have we seen any official documentation around its availability, we have no concrete information with which to update the site.

The best advice we can give at this time regarding its use is to contact the resort directly. :)

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:41 am

JamieDeath wrote:
How does the woodland walk work for getting into the park, is there separate turnstyles? And can you use it in the morning for ERT

The woodland walk is open, it is open to hotel guests only at present. It has its own entrance turn style system to gain access to the park, it can also be used to exit the park at the end of the day 

CammyDonohoe
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi everyone, going on a school day trip next Monday all the way down from Scotland.

As you can probably imagine, it's quite an extensive trip, we have to leave at 1am to get to the park on time lol. I wanted to know what the best order is to complete the main 7, along with Katanga Canyon, Hex and Duel, if possible, so that we can attempt to avoid queues and get the most out of our day. Thanks :).

Loakin
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:14 pm

The order I would go with is:
-Wicker Man
-Walk up to Smiler, Oblivion and Spinball
-Go to Hex, then TH13TEEN and Rita
-Then catch the skyride to Nemesis and Galactica, then walk down to Mutiny Bay, doing Duel, Rapids, and Runaway Minetrain on the way
-Then you might have time to do Wicker Man again

Mikw
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 pm

I jump on the skyride as soon as it opens and go to Thirteen and Rita bang on ride opening. Then Hex, then X sector, Oblivion and Smiler are much quieter early afternoon. Then Spinball, Wicker Man, RMT and the Rapids and Duel, Try to get to Forbidden valley with about twenty minutes to go until ride close. Nemesis will be walk on, the get in the queue for Galactica just before ride close. That's my circuit.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 pm

Only problem I see with that is neither Rita or TH13TEEN are open until 11am. In terms of thrill rides, i.e. rollercoasters, The Smiler, Oblivion, Spinball Whizzer and Wicker Man will all be open before 11am, so you could fill the gap with one (or more, depending on queue times) of those rides. 

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:44 am

CammyDonohoe wrote:
Hi everyone, going on a school day trip next Monday all the way down from Scotland.

As you can probably imagine, it's quite an extensive trip, we have to leave at 1am to get to the park on time lol. I wanted to know what the best order is to complete the main 7, along with Katanga Canyon, Hex and Duel, if possible, so that we can attempt to avoid queues and get the most out of our day. Thanks :).

I posted this a while back in AT General but I think it’s relevant here too:

Wicker Man is scheduled to open at 9:30 for ERT, so you will be able to queue for it as soon as you enter the park.

The staggered ride openings are still in operation, but with a bit of planning you should be able to do a healthy amount of rides.

The Smiler and Oblivion open at 10am and will have shorter queues than Wicker Man does. Once they’re done, it’ll be nearing 11am so head over to Dark Forest and do the coasters there. Then, get the Skyride to FV and do that area. After that, head to Wicker Man. I think that is the most sensible route to take around the park to make the most of your day, but it does depend on queue times and ride availability.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:33 pm

I'd say your best bet is after riding Wicker Man first, to go straight to Forbidden Valley instead of X-Sector or Dark Forest and wait for Galactica (even though the queue wouldn't be open yet), mainly because operations have been awful on it recently and it is getting really quite bad queue times (as posting this it's on 80 minutes). Then I would go on to Nemesis (it would be rude not to). Then I would take the Skyride over to Dark Forest and ride TH13TEEN & Rita (dependent on wait times) and on to Hex, then do Oblivion & The Smiler. After that maybe have your lunch (even if you're not purchasing on site). Then finally I'd do Katanga Canyon and the other rides you’re hoping to, and the 5 minutes prior to close I'd get in the queue for one last ride on Wicker Man. 
credit to sam!

CammyDonohoe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Thanks a lot for the help everyone, will take everything mentioned on board, fingers crossed we can get on everything lol.

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Does anyone know if there are any fastrack offers available this year during school season? 
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Professor Burp
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Smiler313 wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any fastrack offers available this year during school season? 

To what I know of, there are no offers available for Fastracks. It is just the standard packages available (ie: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum) Keep an eye on their social media as they would announce any offers via there.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Smiler313 wrote:

If you are part of a school group and have school tickets you can purchase a bronze fastrack for £10. it is normally 20
Follow theleafletarchive on Instagram!

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:52 am

Where did you find this information AO? If this is the case that is fantastic!

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:59 am

From the Schools - About your day section:

Fastrack

Discounted Schools Fastracks are available in advance when you book your trip, however School Fastracks can also be bought by any pupil (with a schools ticket) on the day subject to availability. These are available from the box office.

I then looked around and found this on the schools booking page:

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Thank you so much for that! My party appreciate it so much! :)

AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:24 pm

No problem :) you're lucky really, I found it only hours before you asked the question :lol

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:38 pm

The Alton Towers customer service team did not mention any of this on the phone. They just said 'sorry, there are no offers on for schools'.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:49 pm

Ha. Not even surprised. Towers customer service, social media etc., is easily the weakest department at the resort...

albond
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi, can anyone confirm what time the Skyride opens??

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:05 pm

albond wrote:
Hi, can anyone confirm what time the Skyride opens??

The Skyride generally opens at 11am however it hasn’t been running during the current heatwave due to the temperature inside the gondolas exceeding 40°C.