UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Topic Author

Re: Rollercoaster Restaurant - 2016

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:34 pm

A post from the MAP Facebook page indicates that the Rollercoaster Restaurant will soon be serving London Road Cocktails with the flavours on offer being Mojito, Cosmo and Singapore Sling.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:08 pm

Justin wrote:
It might be worth putting a special requests on your order. They are good at meeting requirements.

What time of day did you go? My visits have been evening. Also, does anyone know what will happen with evening bookings for Scarefest/Fireworks?

The trouble is the burger was actually completely different to that described on the menu, and so I didn't think to ask for any special requirements considering that the meal described I quite liked.

In regards to the time I went, I too went in the evening, so time of day doesn't seem to effect it! :)

TuesdayNightChat
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:53 pm

What time is last orders? id be looking to go at 9pm at Scarefest after attractions close,can you book a table?

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:04 pm

There is no need to book over Scarefest, however I expect 9pm to 9.30pm to be the last admittance. It really depends on availability, but expect it to be busy!

I hope that helps you, but enjoy your visit! :)

toxicgirl
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:05 pm

I booked a table for Scarefest ages ago as it was something I really wanted to do with the family - I guess that won't mean anything now :(

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:57 pm

"The Rollercoaster Restaurant will be open from 11am until 10pm throughout Scarefest where you can try their new spooktacular dish the ‘Rollercoaster Devil Firecracker Pulled Pork Burger’." Sounds lovely!
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

TylerBreeze
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:46 am

toxicgirl wrote:
I booked a table for Scarefest ages ago as it was something I really wanted to do with the family - I guess that won't mean anything now :(

Hiya,
I questioned them on this, and reservations will still be honored.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Rollercoaster Restaurant

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Taken from Alton Towers Facebook:

"Got that #FridayFeeling? Our brand new bar in Alton Towers Rollercoaster Restaurant opened today. Choose from refreshing craft beers or our new rollercoaster cocktails, including a Ginball Whizzer or a Th13tini.

Book your table now, for a meal with a twist: http://www.altontowers.com/rollercoasterrestaurant/"

Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:36 pm

It's looking really good. The Rollercoaster Restaurant had done incredibly well since opening, even with some particularly bad reviews online... the new bar will be a good new addition to keep it fresh!  

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:53 pm

According to TowersStreet, the Rollercoaster Restaurant has recently had an upgrade to its sound and lighting systems.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TowersStreet/status/928248100946366465

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:32 pm

The upgrade was completed during Scarefest. I visited Thursday 19th October and the new lighting and sound was all operational then. Changes include new lighting to table tracks, table down lighters, projectors and lit up table numbers.

It is certainly an improvement for the better!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:13 am

Not seen it in person but a video that Alton Towers posted on Twitter certainly showed an improvement!

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:20 am

It is. The lighting is more vivid and atmospheric. The show doesn't seem to play so frequent though. I'd say every 45 mins, instead of every half an hour.