General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

TT Member
User

ASturge21

Re: The Smiler Incident 02/06/15

by ASturge21 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Capt. Barnacles wrote:This is literally the only thing that surprised me. The fact that the empty vehicle actually stayed at the top of Inv. 6 for a good 20 seconds. Along with everything else that day, some pretty astronomical odds for that to happen!

Your only talking about 0.5 mph less wind speed or higher car speed and the whole thing wouldn't of happened. Tiny margins.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
TT Member
User

Smiler313

by Smiler313 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:24 pm

However you could say things happen for a reason...
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'
TT Member
User

theparklifekid

by theparklifekid » Tue May 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Sadly, I have a bad feeling that due to the recent event at Drayton, The Smiler will probably get some more hate from the press...
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
TT Member
User

Stan.H

by Stan.H » Tue May 09, 2017 8:10 pm

theparklifekid wrote:Sadly, I have a bad feeling that due to the recent event at Drayton, The Smiler will probably get some more hate from the press...

Abdul Hasil, 30, from east London, said he was on a day trip to the park and began "panicking" and asking staff what had happened.
He said that not knowing what was going on "increases the panic, especially after what happened with the Smiler at Alton Towers."
Five people were seriously injured in a collision on the Smiler rollercoaster at Alton Towers, also in Staffordshire, in June 2015.

Sorta... :cry:
Creds to NemesisRider!

Scarefest 2017 Hype Kicking in... all because of Rita Fan
Previous