UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Galactica - General Discussion

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Towards the end of last season, the number of riders not wearing the headsets heavily outweighed those who did.

I honestly think the days of VR on Galactica are numbered and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the VR offering this year limited to a few rows per train, both due to headset reliability and lack of demand.
Credit to the BubbleBoi

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:08 pm

I don't think anyone is surprised that the popularity of the VR has decreased. Having never experienced the VR side to Galatica I wouldn't like to comment, but I would also think them not updating the VR with new locations as original hinted at hasn't helped. Given Merlin seem to be trying to grab the cash, it wouldn't surprise me if they do limit the VR to a couple of rows and make it a chargeable experience. 
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook

Scarlyboo22
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:22 pm

Haven’t been on Galactica yet, I have been on Air though? Is it worth it?

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:06 am

Scarlyboo22 wrote:
Haven’t been on Galactica yet, I have been on Air though? Is it worth it?

Yes, it's worth a go, just don't expect something revolutionary. Personally, I think the Galactica revamp was worth it just for the new soundtrack :) 

Scarlyboo22
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:47 am

Great! Thank you.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:50 pm

So, 150 minutes for Galactica! What has gone wrong?
A 2.5 hour wait for this attraction is unacceptable, especially when the queue line makes no attempt to separate those who wish to ride with VR from those who don't.

I visited 2 weeks ago and the queuing system was a mess. We witnessed trains going around the track with empty seats as everyone was queuing for VR which is now only available on the back three rows. This has led to a lot of confusion, and ultimately to bottlenecks in the queue line, as a mixture of riders are in the same lines. Station announcements tried to separate the queue nearer to the station, but this caused more frustration as it meant trying to pass others in the queue who then believe you are queue jumping, even when asking if they are waiting for VR seats. The system does not work, and on our visit we just gave up!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:09 pm

Hmm... when I visited recently, Galactica seemed to be being managed pretty well. Very short queues, quick loading and unloading. Lack of VR didn't seem to be causing any problems.

150 mins though... that's got to be an error right??

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:31 pm

Recently, ride times has been reporting high times. Hopefully, they'll iron it out soon as something needs to be done :)

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:13 pm

It would seem that on-ride photos have now returned to Galactica, with the camera apparently located on the last bend.

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 pm

On Ride Photos for Galactica have indeed returned, and it's far better than the strange ones in the queue line. I feel this is even better positioned than Air's old spot, some very good reactions on the final turn :)

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Did you get one, Jack?

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:16 am

Take VR off, retheme it back to air, give the original oasis fountains etc. It should've never been retheme. The space theme can't be pulled off when you go flying past a car park. The whole Galactica retheme hasn't worked for me, and it doesn't fit.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

TheDuke
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:48 am

Ryan.B wrote:
Take VR off, retheme it back to air, give the original oasis fountains etc. It should've never been retheme. The space theme can't be pulled off when you go flying past a car park. The whole Galactica retheme hasn't worked for me, and it doesn't fit.

This would be perfect and it would really get the Forbidden theme together but I really doubt it for one the cost alone would be pretty high, they also changed it very recently at a cost so the chances of them reverting it ia more unlikely because of that they'll more likely double down on the theme.

The Nemesis Fox
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:01 am

Look at Kraken though. The fact that less than half of the trains are VR marks a change. Hopefully they will realise it’s not worth the VR and just scrap it.
Icon Dare To Ride

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Can't see VR making a return next year, if it survives the full season this year. I can see the name Galactica staying though as it won't be worth the effort or money to change it back to Air. We do need to see the return of duel stations though as this would help with reduced queue times dramatically.

Scarlyboo22
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:32 pm

I went last Thursday and waited 90 minutes to ride with VR. On every train only five people were allowed on it, I assume it was because of limited headsets.

I only queued because the entrance said half an hour. It wasted my day and the ride isn’t even as sought after because of the arrival of Smiler and Wicker Man!

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:20 pm

I rode Galactica today and, wow, so I was so disappointed. Well, the coaster is still fab but the VR is terrible. I didn't ride it last year as both my visits it was either down or had a 120 minute queue. I understand the headsets are different (they were Samsung Galaxy phones in 2016) but they are so much worse. My one wasn't straight and required me to tilt my head for it to be in line, the framerate was low and I think the timing was very slightly off. I came off feeling nauseous, the only time I'be ever felt nauseous from a ride or any mode of transport. 

I actually really enjoyed Galactica in 2016 but I hate the VR now.  

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 pm

I've never tried the VR. It just doesn't appeal to me really. I'd rather see the actual surroundings than have some screen pushed in my face. I have a real soft spot for the original Air, and whilst the change to Galactica did bring improvements in some areas, the VR is certainly not one of them. 

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:36 pm

It is good to experience once, especially with the soundtrack but after that, it is better without VR!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:45 pm

I haven't done the VR either. It just doesn't appeal to me one bit, plus if its out of sync than it would set of my motion sickness and that's a risk i'd rather not take
Parks, Scares and Glitter on Facebook