UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ismail
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Galactica - General Discussion

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Would be better off with none of the rows having VR to be honest. I'm just here waiting for it to all go!

Vladimir Bobinski
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:54 am

VR was not available at all yesterday morning, 2 trains running shared between 2 platforms, the 15 minute queue advertised at the time was within the station building itself!

Personally, I do like the rebrand, retheme and refresh, but they really should just call it quits with the VR. I have managed to use it once on a previous visit, personally I felt like I was missing out on the normal view.

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:14 pm

I have been wondering if the Galactica theme is just a bit lazy, space travel just feels a bit easy to me, what if you did something along the lines of a trip around the human body, I guess easier to do space if you have to build it around a ride you already have, than to build both track and VR video at the same time.

If not a human body, what about inside the body of the Nemsis creature?

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:01 pm

I don't think the human body would have the same appeal as a space theme.

Personally, I would have liked to see it turned to a Phalanx base where civilians join the cause to defeat the Nemesis monster using jet packs.

ThemeParkEwan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:21 am

Personally I would love them to revert it back to air. Keep the portal in some way, bring back the old music and I think itd be great! Doubt it would happen though :(

Nickolai
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm

I reckon they will just strip the VR off the ride and keep it as Galactica, I doubt they would want to change anything they have recently spent. It would be nice if they added some more physical theming because although there is a stronger presence of space theme with the portal, the rest is weaker.
Formally Smiler313

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Justin wrote:
I don't think the human body would have the same appeal as a space theme.

Personally, I would have liked to see it turned to a Phalanx base where civilians join the cause to defeat the Nemesis monster using jet packs.

That works too.

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:11 am

I don't know if it means anything, but they were selling off the Galactica branded cardboard VR headsets for 50p in the end of season sales last week.

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:26 am

Oh I hope it does! I'd love to see the VR get done away with. However, it doesn't seem likely, VR was a big selling point for galactica.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:44 pm

The trouble is VR is still demanding queues. Unfortunately, I have seen many occassions where trains have been going around empty with just VR riders on board. The problem now is the queue system. We are now essentially queuing for two different ride experiences in one line. Really it needs two separate queue lines from the entrance.

wamdue
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:25 pm

I agree with Justin, when I went the queue was for the VR seats, and whilst im not Coaster purist, I would say in this example the non VR ride is better.

Allowing anyone who wants to, to ride with VR much earlier in the queue, even if its means putting them down the fastrack, would help, the two days I went, were quiet, and it was the only ride with a massive queue.

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:04 am

Same here, the VR queue was really long, some of our hadn’t done it so we had to join that queue. What made it worse was that there were only 2 rows of VR for the main queue, with the back row being used for the ride access pass holders. 

I would have to say that if there was an equal amount of usable rows between VR and normal, then the normal queue would have been longer.