UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Galactica - General Discussion

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:41 pm

Well that's interesting. Figment have done a lot of work for Merlin, and was the company that implemented the VR hardware solutions for both Galactica and Derren Brown. They've also done other things such as the audio/visuals for the Rollercoaster Restaurant, and scenes for the London Dungeon.

Edit: Also interesting that they have a new product/experience they want to get installed early next year and given the number of times Merlin have used them, could Merlin be getting this?
http://www.figmentproductions.co.uk/?po ... ject-helix

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:34 am

Yeah I saw that. Figment are the company who supplied the VR movies, hardware and integration for Galactica. I guess VR isn't going away any time soon if they're still involved?

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:12 pm

streetmagix wrote:
Yeah I saw that. Figment are the company who supplied the VR movies, hardware and integration for Galactica. I guess VR isn't going away any time soon if they're still involved?

That’s a shame. I was hoping to see it fully removed next season :(

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:02 pm

Yeah Figment are the people who produced the VR and that, we've known that since Galactica opened haha.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1015!
Cred count: 71!

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw them increase the VR capacity for next season. With it being so limited this season, it's actually encouraged more people to use it. Perhaps they will be able to find a good balance. As much as I hate Merlin and all their silly gimmicks, I do actually want Galactica to work.