UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9
 
colpax
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1
Joined: June 2015

Re: A travelling Enterprise being built

Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Lighting is all fairly standard stuff that are seen in the pictures. The units that are on the Wheel I believe are the SGM G-spot:
http://sgmlight.com/products/g-spot/c-23/p-179
This is a waterproof moving light that can do some quite nice beam effects. Next to each of these units appears to be an SGM strobe or possibly flood light (can't tell from the angle as their outer boxes are the same).

The way that the cables are going onto the wheel makes it unlikely that it is going to spin (although might move a little) and will just pivot up.

The night-time photos show what most of the domed lights can do, there are also a number of smoke machines (to make it possible to see the beams of the lights). And LED floods to presumably light specific features.
 
User avatar
Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1803
Joined: February 2013

Re: A travelling Enterprise being built

Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:30 pm

For those who want to watch the testing for a good portion (11 mins) of the light show / audio then Theme Park Collective have a video on their YouTube channel here. (Warning! Brief swearing in the video).

Photos over at TS by stretchy indicate they also have a few Jem ZR33 Hi-Mass smoke machines on the ground. Demononstration here and in effect here.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
 
User avatar
Wedjie
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 102
Joined: June 2013
Location: Warwickshire

Re: A travelling Enterprise being built

Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Why on earth would they need smoke machines?! Do the fireworks not generate enough :P
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4156
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire / York

Re: Fireworks 2015

Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Alton Towers have released a video showing the recording of this year's display's finale music, which also reveals IMAscore's involvement.
Image
 
User avatar
Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1803
Joined: February 2013

Re: Fireworks 2015

Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:32 pm

Better view of the lighting rig while its vertical-ish from ThemeParkWorldwide.

The rig has 4 lasers attached, one at 12pm, 3pm, 6pm & 9pm (if you were looking at a clock) and the outer edge has lights which can pivot & turn.

Image

And lit up:

Image

Another shot:

Image
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
 
User avatar
Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1803
Joined: February 2013

Re: Fireworks 2015

Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:16 am

https://youtu.be/hk7zkz6zMxI

I've taken his video from IG and uploaded it to YouTube for easier viewing. A brief video of the lasers testing last night to Tiesto - Adagio for Strings. Strangely however he pans to the right towards Sonic/CBeebies land I think and it looks like lights are there too?! Watch it and tell me what you think.. hard to tell myself. Not talking about the green light but the swirling light as seen later in the video.

Credit & Source: https://instagram.com/p/9rhXcDCYKl/

Image

Credit & Source: here.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4156
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire / York

Re: Fireworks 2015

Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Andy Mc wrote:
Strangely however he pans to the right towards Sonic/CBeebies land I think and it looks like lights are there too?! Watch it and tell me what you think.. hard to tell myself. Not talking about the green light but the swirling light as seen later in the video.

The camera pans upwards and then faces in the opposite direction to the Front Lawns, so the lasers you can see are just from the ones rigged on the Enterprise.
Image
 
User avatar
demz_4
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 93
Joined: January 2012

Re: Fireworks 2015

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Thats looking good! - does anyone have any pics of the audio rigs for this year? to me it was the biggest let down last year! they were small speakers sat on the floor last year and it really wasn't enough bass etc. I remember a few years back seeing full suspended speakers like you'd see at a music festival an they sounded incredible... hoping they have gone for better audio this year, especially after spending so much on having the symphony orchestra compose a piece. I actually filled out an online questionnaire last year and my comments were all based on the audio being a let down, the display was great!
Last edited by lewis97 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed asterisked swearing.
 
User avatar
Whoguru5
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 46
Joined: September 2013
Location: Somewhere In Time And Space.

Re: Fireworks 2015

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Really looking forward to this years fireworks haven't gone to the fireworks since 2013 and those where awesome but with the information about this years fireworks I've seen I'm very excited. Also not sure where else to ask but would anyone recommend getting a fastpast for the fireworks? I'm going on the 7th and 8th but I don't know if the crowds will warrant one.
Image

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
 
User avatar
MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1383
Joined: February 2015
Location: Who knows?

Re: Fireworks 2015

Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:29 pm

Whoguru5 wrote:
Really looking forward to this years fireworks haven't gone to the fireworks since 2013 and those where awesome but with the information about this years fireworks I've seen I'm very excited. Also not sure where else to ask but would anyone recommend getting a fastpast for the fireworks? I'm going on the 7th and 8th but I don't know if the crowds will warrant one.


I'd judge the crowd levels on the day when you are there. Single rider lines on Sonic Spinball, Th13teen, Air & Oblivion are a good free way to reduce your waiting time :)
Image
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Infinity Falls; World's tallest river rapids opening summer 2018 at SeaWorld Orlando!
SeaWorld has rescued over 31,000 animals in need!
 
User avatar
demz_4
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 93
Joined: January 2012

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:47 pm

So is the wheel staying in the up right position? I hope we see some movement. Would be great to see it go from down to the upright. All the pics I've seen on instagram etc all show the wheel fixed upright.
 
User avatar
demz_4
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 93
Joined: January 2012

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Well, I've managed to answer my own question - check these out that are being installed! looks like my prayers were answered! some huge audio going in - each of these speakers is around 3/4 of the height of the men standing next to them :)

They look like these are the ones in use, FULL High Definition setup - http://www.ohm.co.uk/products/hd-mh/

Image
 
User avatar
timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 388
Joined: April 2005
Location: Somerset

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Themepark247360 wrote:
Whoguru5 wrote:
Really looking forward to this years fireworks haven't gone to the fireworks since 2013 and those where awesome but with the information about this years fireworks I've seen I'm very excited. Also not sure where else to ask but would anyone recommend getting a fastpast for the fireworks? I'm going on the 7th and 8th but I don't know if the crowds will warrant one.


I'd judge the crowd levels on the day when you are there. Single rider lines on Sonic Spinball, Th13teen, Air & Oblivion are a good free way to reduce your waiting time :)


You certainly wouldn't need a fastpass, fasttrack or whatever it's called, if you visited today, ridetimes says no queues at all on the thrill rides! I'm going up tonight for tomorrow too
 
User avatar
Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1803
Joined: February 2013

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:20 pm

Saturday/Sunday is usually busier. Today they are offering after 4pm tickets for people who want to bring family's to watch them but the offer is not on the next two days.

Expect queues to be a lot larger tomorrow, decide on the day but I'd recommend fast track especially tomorrow.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
 
User avatar
timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 388
Joined: April 2005
Location: Somerset

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:35 pm

Ridetimes now says all rides are closed, ummmmm.
 
User avatar
Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 1935
Joined: June 2009

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm

timmy1372 wrote:
Ridetimes now says all rides are closed, ummmmm.


That's strange, all attractions that are scheduled to be open are showing as being open, with the exception of both Rita & Thirteen. I know they close certain areas before the Fireworks display but I don't remember them closing Dark Forest this early in previous years.
Image
Image
Image
Image
 
Speedy_no1
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 62
Joined: April 2014

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Can someone please film this years fireworks can't make it and would luv to see them
 
User avatar
Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 1935
Joined: June 2009

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:23 pm

Speedy_no1 wrote:
Can someone please film this years fireworks can't make it and would luv to see them


Alton Towers always release an official video of the display which is usually released a few days after the park closes for winter, however I'm sure there will some videos floating around on YouTube later tonight/tomorrow.
Image
Image
Image
Image
 
User avatar
SkuM001
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 45
Joined: April 2003
Location: Brighton

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:52 pm

timmy1372 wrote:
Ridetimes now says all rides are closed, ummmmm.

Seems they forgot to change the park closing time on ridetimes, so thus all the rides were marked as being closed at exactly 16:30pm. It since has been rectified.
 
DSA
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 16
Joined: May 2013

Re: Fireworks 2015

Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Dan.N wrote:
Speedy_no1 wrote:
Can someone please film this years fireworks can't make it and would luv to see them


Alton Towers always release an official video of the display which is usually released a few days after the park closes for winter, however I'm sure there will some videos floating around on YouTube later tonight/tomorrow.

I'm not sure an official video was released last year, however numerous unofficial videos are on YouTube.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ROYJESS, Smiler313 and 70 guests