UK theme parks from another point of view!

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Towers Loving Care

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:03 am

Yeah!! I love the idea of the monorails being themed to the Big 6 (soon big 7). It'd bring the park full circle a little more and it'd just be awesome. It would also make a great talking piece when entering the park and create some hype (which would make much more sense than jelly beans... can someone pls explain to me why that's a thing?)

I know this is going back a little, but I think it's really important for Alton Towers to keep Duel. I'll be the first to admit I'm one for history over new, but with everyone racing towards virtual reality (such as the ghost train), I feel it's important to keep some rides physical. There should be variety! I think that towers love and care could do a really good job at reviving old effects and simply keeping it going, cause soon in the future, when everything is VR this and that, we'll all be wanting physical tricks again. And this is why it's important that towers love and care deal with it instead of simply ripping it out and starting from scratch. 
Scaremaze count: 16

TheSmilerMan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 pm

saw-x-smile wrote:
I know this is going back a little, but I think it's really important for Alton Towers to keep Duel. I'll be the first to admit I'm one for history over new, but with everyone racing towards virtual reality (such as the ghost train), I feel it's important to keep some rides physical. There should be variety! I think that towers love and care could do a really good job at reviving old effects and simply keeping it going, cause soon in the future, when everything is VR this and that, we'll all be wanting physical tricks again. And this is why it's important that towers love and care deal with it instead of simply ripping it out and starting from scratch. 

Coming to the End of the season, TLC is becoming prominent again as Duel has been targeted (see what I did there) for a re-vamp this closed season. Now I don’t think it’s going to be a major over haul but I have to agree with S-x-S here, physical tricks and sights work well, theming, space and darkness are what makes Duel work well. Hopefully with re-vamp and re-fresh rather complete change Duel can once again be something fantastic, perhaps with a few new scares and sounds in there to keep public interest up. 

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Ha! Re-VAMP!
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.