General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

Towers Loving Care

User avatar
TT Member
User

S.J_O'Grady

Posts

382

Re: Towers Loving Care

by S.J_O'Grady » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:04 pm

If SW8 is going to be in Katanga canyon then I really hope they spend some time enhancing the area.
And what would happen when the creature appeared?

TT Member
User

TheDuke

Posts

68

Re: Towers Loving Care

by TheDuke » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Katanga is already very well themed so I'll look forward to what they can do

TT Member
User

TheDuke

Posts

68

Re: Towers Loving Care

by TheDuke » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Looks like hex's sign is getting a repaint

https://twitter.com/AltonTLC/status/836 ... 95716?s=09
User avatar
TT Member
User

MakoMania

Posts

1133

Re: Towers Loving Care

by MakoMania » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Something I had overlooked until now, but I realised 25th March will not be the first date Hex is open this year. It will open earlier starting on 12th March for services day. Sorry if that's really obvious but I never thought of it!
Image
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Wave Breaker: Intamin launch coaster coming to SeaWorld San Antonio in 2017!

SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals!
User avatar
Community Advocate
User

Dan

Posts

1822

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Dan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:27 pm

MakoMania wrote:Something I had overlooked until now, but I realised 25th March will not be the first date Hex is open this year. It will open earlier starting on 12th March for services day. Sorry if that's really obvious but I never thought of it!


Has it been confirmed anywhere that Hex will be open for the Services Day? As far as I was aware Hex won't be open until the main season starts, much like The Smiler wasn't open for Services Day last year.
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

MakoMania

Posts

1133

Re: Towers Loving Care

by MakoMania » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Dan wrote:
MakoMania wrote:Something I had overlooked until now, but I realised 25th March will not be the first date Hex is open this year. It will open earlier starting on 12th March for services day. Sorry if that's really obvious but I never thought of it!


Has it been confirmed anywhere that Hex will be open for the Services Day? As far as I was aware Hex won't be open until the main season starts, much like The Smiler wasn't open for Services Day last year.


They confirmed on twitter today that Hex will be open for services day :)
Image
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

Wave Breaker: Intamin launch coaster coming to SeaWorld San Antonio in 2017!

SeaWorld has rescued over 30,000 animals!
User avatar
Community Advocate
User

Dan

Posts

1822

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Dan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:40 pm

MakoMania wrote:
Dan wrote:
MakoMania wrote:Something I had overlooked until now, but I realised 25th March will not be the first date Hex is open this year. It will open earlier starting on 12th March for services day. Sorry if that's really obvious but I never thought of it!


Has it been confirmed anywhere that Hex will be open for the Services Day? As far as I was aware Hex won't be open until the main season starts, much like The Smiler wasn't open for Services Day last year.


They confirmed on twitter today that Hex will be open for services day :)


Fair enough, I stand corrected :lol
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Team Media
User

Tom

Posts

777

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Tom » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:19 pm

It's great to see that they are actually making some effort to spruce up the Hex signage, it was certainly getting quite faded before being taken down.
User avatar
Forum Leader
User

Dom

Posts

3962

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Dom » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:29 pm

Image

We're doing finishing touches before the reopening of Hex - The Legend of the Towers! The countdown is on....
Image
Image
User avatar
Community Advocate
User

Dan

Posts

1822

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Dan » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:32 pm

That looks awesome!

Can't wait to get back on Hex, it's been too long.
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

OhShambhala

Posts

98

Re: Towers Loving Care

by OhShambhala » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:15 pm

Looks like there's some new projections in the waiting area before the pre-show :lol. Looking forward to getting back on this soon, It's one of my favourites at Towers!
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!

TT Member
User

TheDuke

Posts

68

Re: Towers Loving Care

by TheDuke » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:50 pm

I've said it before but I cant wait to see the changes no matter how subtle the are, frankly new tvs would get me excited
User avatar
TT Member
User

Smiler313

Posts

186

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Smiler313 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:15 am

Wow I like the lighting
Image
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Justin

Posts

789

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Justin » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Towers Loving Care wrote: Refurbished Hex signage, each 8metre high sign has been stripped back to plain metal & carefully repainted, taking 250 hours to complete.

Image
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Smiler313

Posts

186

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Smiler313 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:25 pm

I love the new signs! They look so vibrant and vivid. It would be nice if we could see some before and after images however! :D

EDIT: I have looked at some before images and you can see small but nice differences. For instance the white glow around the Towers as well as the depth of render in the building. My favourite change is the sky however because
the clouds are a lot more blended with the sky and the moon more hidden behind the clouds which I like as it adds more realism. The white glow around the towers helps to show the back light produced from the moon too! :lol
Image
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'
Image

TT Member
User

TheDuke

Posts

68

Re: Towers Loving Care

by TheDuke » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:28 pm

They've done a fine job, is there any word on new sound effects for hex?
User avatar
Community Advocate
User

Luce

Posts

1871

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Luce » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Love the updates of the Hex refurb and like others, can't wait to get back on it as it is one of my favourite things at AT :)
Image

Image
User avatar
TT Member
User

Aidan Lowe

Posts

1708

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Aidan Lowe » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:35 am

Image
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

TT Member
User

TheDuke

Posts

68

Re: Towers Loving Care

by TheDuke » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:54 am

The towers have also made a before and after, can't wait to see the whole thing in person.

]Towers Loving Care wrote:For those who enjoy a good before and after photo on a Sunday morning....


Image

Thanks to Justin for showing me how to fix this up
Last edited by TheDuke on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
TT Member
User

Justin

Posts

789

Re: Towers Loving Care

by Justin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:57 am

As above...
Towers Loving Care wrote:For those who enjoy a good before and after photo on a Sunday morning....

Image

TheDuke wrote:The towes have also made a before and after, can't wait to see the insides myself
https://twitter.com/AltonTLC/status/838307179862114304

Also how does one get the images from a link to show up in the post


You need the image URL and tags on the forum. Press quote to look at the script, as this will help :)
ImageImage
Image
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lindsayxm16 and 19 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | © wearettsp