UK theme parks from another point of view!

  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
Jayvk_
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 13
Joined: February 2014
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Re: Ride Downtime

Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:02 pm

My guess would be even more VR issues.
 
User avatar
Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Topic Author
Posts: 1907
Joined: June 2009

Re: Ride Downtime

Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Jayvk_ wrote:
My guess would be even more VR issues.


I believe Galactica has been having issues with the lift hill this season. The current period of downtime isn't related to the VR.
Image
Image
Image
Image
 
Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 16
Joined: April 2017

Re: Ride Downtime

Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Runaway Mine Train seems to have been down since Monday or Tuesday last week. Does anyone know if there's issues with it or is it closed because of SW8 being built?
Also, on a side note reliability in the last month or so seems to have been very good around the resort so hopefully they can keep this up.
 
User avatar
Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 337
Joined: May 2017

Re: Ride Downtime

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:20 pm

I would doubt the closure is due to SW8's construction. It's not like they are right next to each other or anything, so if the Rapids were still open then I'd say it's unlikely the Runaway Mine Train's closure was due to SW8.
I also have to agree that the amount of downtime is getting better overall. I feel quite lucky that every time I went there in the last month that every ride was open, for at least some of the day.
Image
 
User avatar
Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 1122
Joined: April 2014

Re: Ride Downtime

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:38 am

Dan says hi wrote:
Runaway Mine Train seems to have been down since Monday or Tuesday last week. Does anyone know if there's issues with it or is it closed because of SW8 being built?
Also, on a side note reliability in the last month or so seems to have been very good around the resort so hopefully they can keep this up.

It was open on Tuesday. Not sure about Wednesday as I didn't venture that way but it was certainly closed Thursday. The path and area around SW8 was open Tuesday-Thursday so it wouldn't have been down to SW8.
Image
Image
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1026
Joined: March 2015
Location: Rotherham

Re: Ride Downtime

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:06 pm

RMT was closed all day Friday too.
Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

Image
 
User avatar
ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 195
Joined: March 2012
Location: Norfolk

Re: Ride Downtime

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:02 pm

I'm hearing reports that the RMT is going to be closed for the next 4 weeks due to maintenance 
 
User avatar
Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1026
Joined: March 2015
Location: Rotherham

Re: Ride Downtime

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:08 pm

I couldn't see the train anywhere on Friday. Couldn't see it in the station or at any points along the track. So if the train was actually off then those reports could be true.
Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

Image
 
User avatar
Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 337
Joined: May 2017

Re: Ride Downtime

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:08 pm

It is a little annoying that Alton are rumoured to have maintenance during the season, when in just a couple of months, all the rides will be sitting closed until next year!!
Image
 
User avatar
Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 385
Joined: January 2013
Location: Leeds

Re: Ride Downtime

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:33 am

Robert W wrote:
It is a little annoying that Alton are rumoured to have maintenance during the season, when in just a couple of months, all the rides will be sitting closed until next year!!


It will most likely be that a fault has occurred that requires urgent attention and cannot wait for the closed season. Health and safety must come before guest satisfaction.
Image
 
User avatar
Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Posts: 1122
Joined: April 2014

Re: Ride Downtime

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:11 am

This is an unexpected closure. The only coaster (that I know of ) that has planned maintenance mid-season is Stealth. Apart from daily checks, all other coasters are checked closed season.
Image
Image
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Cobby
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 94
Joined: February 2014
Location: Derbyshire

Re: Ride Downtime

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
It will most likely be that a fault has occurred that requires urgent attention and cannot wait for the closed season. Health and safety must come before guest satisfaction.

Yeah most likely something urgent and if anything needs doing it is probably best to do it now before the busy scarefest/fireworks season
Image
 
User avatar
SmileAlways
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 17
Joined: March 2016

Re: Ride Downtime

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:25 pm

ROYJESS wrote:
I'm hearing reports that the RMT is going to be closed for the next 4 weeks due to maintenance 

Where did you hear this? I'm visiting in 2 weeks. I doubt we'll get any answers from the park. Alton have been full of either contradicting or vague answers lately
If you hear people singing random songs on a rollercoaster, it's probably me and my best friend #SmileAlways
 
User avatar
ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 195
Joined: March 2012
Location: Norfolk

Re: Ride Downtime

Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:46 pm

SmileAlways wrote:
ROYJESS wrote:
I'm hearing reports that the RMT is going to be closed for the next 4 weeks due to maintenance 

Where did you hear this? I'm visiting in 2 weeks. I doubt we'll get any answers from the park. Alton have been full of either contradicting or vague answers lately

I think I saw someone posted on the MAP group FaceBook page about someone asking via social media and the reply was 4 weeks, I'm not 100% though
 
Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 16
Joined: April 2017

Re: Ride Downtime

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:53 am

Runaway Mine Train seems to have now reopened!
 
User avatar
ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 195
Joined: March 2012
Location: Norfolk

Re: Ride Downtime

Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:42 pm

Yes the RMT is now back up and running, 
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 53 guests