UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Topic Author

Rita - General Discussion

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 am

Rita
Brace yourself – as the lights turn green, Rita powers you straight to 100kph in just 2.5 seconds, putting your body through 4.5G. At lightning pace, Rita navigates every twist and turn of the track, as you break free from the clutches of the Dark Forest.

With the closed season upon us, how would you review Rita at the Alton Towers Resort?

JC13
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Rita - General Discussion

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Rita is my favourite UK coaster, and my favourite non Spanish coaster. It is my 5th favourite coaster and I adore it. I know some people want it to close, but I love it. On the front row the launch is always incredible, and the airtime is great aswell. If this was to close we better get a powerful intamin in its place.

I know 99% of you will disagree with me, but this is my opinion

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:43 pm

1. It has a great launch
2. It isn't as rough as people make out
3. It's very enjoyable!

It's a great ride that needs to be given some slack!
Ride count 2017: 422!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 933!
Cred count: 70!

JC13
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Liam.W wrote:
1. It has a great launch
2. It isn't as rough as people make out
3. It's very enjoyable!

It's a great ride that needs to be given some slack!

Finally! Someone else who doesn’t hate it!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:56 pm

I don't hate it and obviously the general public don't hate it either given its usually one of the longest queues in the parks. It has some great air time and for a simple layout, it is rather fun. 
Even the good can fall from grace

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Rita is my least favourite coaster out of the Big Six at Alton.

The launch is ok but nothing in comparison to Stealth and for the most part it’s very rattly which makes it unenjoyable.

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Rita is one of those rides that it I forget how good it is. Although it isn't anywhere near my favourite coaster, I must say it is an enjoyable ride. The rides I have had on it have only given a rattle and it is pretty bearable. The launch and airtime makes it for me. Any Intamin Cable Launch Coaster blows me away and the launch on this ride certainly does.
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Topic Author

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:48 am

I don't know what to really say about Rita?!? It is one of those rides which is neither one thing or another, but by far the launch is the best thing about it. As you speed around the circuit, it is easy to feel the G-force upon your body, however, the ride has one of the weakest backstories in the park and the ride doesn't really fit the area, although saying that, it fits in more so now than it ever did with Ug Land. The ride is not one which I would rave about as there are better coasters in the park. If I had to say which one would go first out of the Big Six then Rita would get my vote! It fills a gap and offers variety for guests, but it is not my favourite!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:32 pm

I err... really don't like Rita. I find it incredibly uncomfortable, it doesn't really fit in with the area, and takes up a decent amount of space. I don't want to sound too negative but... it's my least favourite coaster I've been on. If you enjoy it great, I didn't go on it this year and I don't plan on riding it anytime soon.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Topic Author

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:42 pm

I think you make a valid point, Morgan. It is uncomfortable to ride, especially if you're 6ft 1 as your legs are up against your chest. 

T0mPr1ce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:47 pm

It's alright I guess, I really enjoy the launch but apart from that it's not that memorable. I just think it's quite short and over before you know it. It seems to pull the crowds whenever I'm there though. I've always thought if a major ride was to be removed, Rita would be first.

vikkimoo
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:39 pm

6 footer here and I love it! The only discomfort I've ever got from it is that the first time I went on it, I got massive bruises on the back of my arms (triceps area) from holding on so tight at the launch...

Sadly I can see it being the first of the big 6 to be removed :(

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:35 am

Out of the big 6, this is my least favourite but I still enjoy it. The rush, the turns, the little jumps make it a great ride. I wouldn't normally queue more than 40 minutes for this though.

I think it's a great ride and I don't feel too uncomfortable whilst riding but it's not my favourite and the retheme it had to make way for Th13teen wasn't the best. But overall a good ride for families and would say it's a good stepping stone ride.

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Topic Author

Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:04 pm

vikkimoo wrote:
6 footer here and I love it! The only discomfort I've ever got from it is that the first time I went on it, I got massive bruises on the back of my arms (triceps area) from holding on so tight at the launch...

Sadly I can see it being the first of the big 6 to be removed :(

Where do you sit on it?

I tend to find the rear of each car a struggle as my knees and feet are in such an uncomfortable position. The front tends to be better as there is a bigger gap.

I must agree with you, Jack. It is not a ride that I'd spend long queuing for.