UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure - 2017

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Has anyone considered that The Vampire could just be rethemed to fit in with Wild Wood?

I can't see it going. It has recently had evacuation platforms installed, so it certainly won't be removed for a while.

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:16 pm

I'm quite excited about the Bubbleworks re-theme but hope that Merlin do a good job of theming as when they put their minds to it, things can turn out very well like Ghost Train for example :)

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:52 pm

Justin wrote:
Has anyone considered that The Vampire could just be rethemed to fit in with Wild Wood?

I wouldn't expect that this would be the case. Vampire has built its own brand for itself at this point and is known worldwide, I wouldn't see why they'd put that at jeopardy seeing as it does fit in with the theme as it is. Not to mention they have only just refurbished some of its major theming elements. :)

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 pm

I find it interesting that others say it could be removed, therefore I stand by my opinion that it will stay in its current form, or receive a rebrand if really needed. At the end of the day, they will find it really hard to put another coaster in its place either due to planning permission or space. I do disagree that Vampire is a known worldwide brand though - apart from being an old Arrow! With the recent closure of Bubbleworks, which is certainly iconic within the UK industry, anything is possible.

While I hold a special place for Bubbleworks, it closure hasn't affected me as much as I thought it would, but that could be because I believe things have to move on. I think TGRRA will be amazing for the park, hopefully bringing a bit of magic to a new generation! :)

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:36 pm

I highly doubt Vampire would get a retheme, and I also doubt it will be removed in the near future, as they have installed new platforms like someone has mentioned above.

When I first found out about 'Wild Woods' I was worried about how Vampire would fit in with the area, but the more I think about it, it's quite fitting. Obviously no where as fitting as Transylvania but it still works! I'm also coming round to 'Wild Woods', when I first heard it I didn't like it at all, but it is growing on me!

I'm very much looking forward to TGRRA, which I certainly didn't see myself saying when I first found out about the gruffalo rumours!

\:D/ 800th Post!!! \:D/
Ride count 2017: 224!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 735!
Cred count: 65!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!

ASturge21
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Any ride could get removed if it is not needed or a new attraction provides better markeketing. Vampire will stay for at least 3 more years I believe.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:09 pm

As much as I want vampire to go, it is very unlikely to go. Back to TGRRA, it does look like it had the capability of being a very good ride, if the park invests in the attraction well

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:25 pm

ASturge21 wrote:
Any ride could get removed if it is not needed or a new attraction provides better markeketing. Vampire will stay for at least 3 more years I believe.

This is true - which is why Vampire is extremely unlikely to go. Vampire remains to be extremely popular and retains a reputation not only in the UK but overseas, and due to where it's placed it's almost certain that nothing near to Vampire's size would replace it. :)

As for the whole area, I think Wild Woods is a fantastic idea - finally tying together the area's attractions!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:41 pm

Vampire has long lines because it runs on 2 trains and therefore has a low capacity

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:55 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
Vampire has long lines because it runs on 2 trains and therefore has a low capacity

It also has long lines because a lot of people like it!

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:02 pm

Or because there aren't any major coasters except dragon's fury

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:04 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:

I didn't mention anything about queues ;)

Vampire is still a lot of people's favourite ride at Chessington, although you may not agree that is how the cookie crumbles! Not to mention it spans a huge age range with it being a 1.1M ride whilst remaining to be exciting!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:09 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:
Or because there aren't any major coasters except dragon's fury

There are a range of things which can impact on queue times across Chessington. Even though Vampire has been running on 2 trains for a lot of the season it is still a popular ride which people want to experience. For many children it is their first coaster and there are many adults who have fond memories of it being their first coaster too. Transylvania has always been a popular area of the park with Bubbleworks attracting significant queues right up until it closed.

Bringing the conversation back to The Gruffalo Ride, although it will be sad to see the Transylvania name go, Wild Woods is a name which will bring the two attractions in the area together. There will undoubtedly be significant interest in The Gruffalo ride, and therefore long queues, it is inevitable that this will translate into queues for Vampire as well.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:46 am

A visual of the kids section in The Gruffalo rooms has been added to the respective page on the Chessington Holidays website.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:21 am

Just a heads up for anyone visiting on the annual pass park preview. It seems as though The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure will be unavalible over the weekend according to the booking website! :)

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Chessington have updated their website to state that the ride will open at midday on March 18th, with the launch event taking place during the morning of the same day.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Where does it say there will be an opening ceremony?

Also, apparently the ride is going to be opening with park opening, but they've said 12 to give a buffer in case the ride encounters problems. I've also heard there's no opening ceremony.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Liam.W wrote:
Where does it say there will be an opening ceremony?

Also, apparently the ride is going to be opening with park opening, but they've said 12 to give a buffer in case the ride encounters problems. I've also heard there's no opening ceremony.

The Terms & Conditions of a competition Chessington are running mentions "the launch of The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure at Chessington World of Adventures Resort, taking place early on the morning of Saturday March 18, 2017".

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Personally by 'launch' I just think it means opening the ride, not a ceremony. Only event/ceremony is on the 17th which is a VIP/Press event.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:12 pm

The rides exterior looks awful now with vegetation Image

At least the shop is nice Image Image