Share your thought's on one of the UK's leading family parks here.
Community Advocate
User

Luce

Re: The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure - 2017

by Luce » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:03 pm

I experienced the Gruffalo ride today and I have to say it was very good. It certainly is a big improvement on what existed before apart from some areas which looked a bit bare and lacking in theming. However, overall I think Merlin have done well and also I like the fact that staff have themed uniforms to fit in.

TT Member
User

Justin

by Justin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:30 pm

I rode it last Monday and I am a big fan!

I really enjoyed it and for me it is an excellent replacement for Bubbleworks! I was very impressed with the whole experience from start to finish, although I can see room for improvement as Luce mentioned!
Merlin have done well, and for an attraction based at families, it is very magical! I like the little hints towards The Stickman in particular!
ImageImage
TT Member
User

Smiler313

by Smiler313 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Stickman? I may need an explanation... :lol
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'
TT Member
User

Justin

by Justin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:22 pm

I can't remember the section, but the whole family are there, but being human, we can't see them 'alive'!
ImageImage
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Rode it a couple of weeks ago now. Absolutely brilliant, the smell pods are particularly incredible. The effects of the scenes do get a little ruined when you're the only one in your boat and the boat behind catches up, but I guess I can't expect Merlin to fix my social life! :P

It's not quite Disney level. By my fourth go, it became clear that there were plenty of points where there could be more detail and fewer screens, but I don't think we can expect any more in the UK. It's a very good investment for the park and it hasn't really impacted negatively on the theme of the area as I had feared, seeing as Bubbleworks post-2006 didn't fit anyway. Top marks!
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793
Unique Coaster Count: 54

Formerly Dan.B
Previous