UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Chessington - Hotel Discussion

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:56 am

Possibly the best Merlin hotel I think. The Smiler room and splash landings challenge it for me though
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: Chessington - Hotel Discussion

Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:51 am

Having only just walked through the main entrance, i can honestly say the hotel looks bloody brilliant. There are some really nice little touches that make it so amazing. I will have to stay there one day.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Chessington - Safari & Azteca Hotel Discussion

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:57 am

Guests staying in either of the resort hotels from 19th March will receive extended Early Ride Time from 9am-10am as part of their stay. The Chessington Holidays website lists the following rides as being included:

• The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure
  • Vampire
  • SEA LIFE centre (or AMAZU during peak times)
  • Children's Zoo
  • Hocus Pocus Hall

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:02 am

I can't really decide whether this is a good or terrible thing - on one hand, the Wild Woods attractions could do with being open for more time, but on the other hand, this will completely ruin the almost sacred tradition among Chessington regulars of "everyone runs to Vampire at 10am".

I can see Dragon's Fury becoming incredibly overcrowded at 10, what with Vampire already being full just as regular guests pour in, many hotel guests having done their preferred ride(s) in Wild (casuing them to also head to Fury) and an increasing number of people entering via the Explorer Gate due to increased parking charges for the Lodge Car Park.

I'm overall optimistic about the change, but I'm interested to see how well the park will run it.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:21 pm

I'd be inclined to think this can only be a good thing for the park an extra hour to get on some of the more popular attractions will surely only lead to a better spread of guests as they can tick those off first thing and then go to do other attractions. I hardly think the number of hotel guests taking advantage of this will fill the queuelines.
I only hope that the park are able to ensure all the attractions are open in time, as if they are not it will cause considerable disappointment.