Share your thought's on one of the UK's leading family parks here.
TT Member
User

Mattia

Re: chessington hotel

by Mattia » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Call Holiday Inn Chessington themselves on 0870 890 0567 and they should be happy to help you with AP discount of 75% and all :)

Everything can be classed as theatre...even you are classed as theatre.
TT Member
User

kingcriplet

by kingcriplet » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:13 pm

We are stopping for a few nights shortly and was wondering if there is a decent place for breakfast near by? Just toast, cereal etc...? IIRC breakfast there was something stupid like £15! :yikes:

User

Crofty

by Crofty » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Theres a beefeater and Wetherspoons nearby. The beefeater is at the Premier Inn hotel, turn right as you exit Chessington. The Wetherspoons is called The Cap in Hand and is about a 2 miles down the road left at you exit Chessington.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=KT65DE

:D :D
TT Member
User

kingcriplet

by kingcriplet » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:39 pm

We stayed here a few weeks ago (got the AP rate and it worked out at £52 a night) and was really impressed. They made a balls up with the payment (was meant to be pay on arrival but they charged my card a week before we arrived) and as a result we got uprgraded to one of the executive suites, fairly plush! Could even choose what kind of pillows you wanted to sleep on!

We ate at the buffet one night too and while there was'nt as much selection as Flambo's I would say the quality of the food was a little higher, but then again so was the price! (£19 IIRC).

All the staff were very helpful and I could'nt really fault the place at all, not for the price we paid anyway. Only downside was £3.90 for a pint of stella and £6.80 for a vodka lemonade! :shock:
Team Admin
User

Rob-TT

Chessington 2014 Hotel Extension

by Rob-TT » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Chessington have submitted plans to extend the current hotel.

Erection of a three/four storey 69 bedroom hotel extension, a play/performance area and the erection of a single storey extension to the existing hotel for bar/restaurant and leisure use.

Plans available to view here - http://maps.kingston.gov.uk/isis_main/I ... No=1210245

Looking at the plans it looks like we will see the removal of several enclosures including the Monkey and bird garden.
TT Member
User

sweedish2009

Re: Chessington 2014 Hotel Extension

by sweedish2009 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:40 am

Exciting times! I must say, even though I only live about 50 minutes away from Thorpe and Chessie I'd love to stay the night in the hotel.

Has anyone else experienced the hotel? Worth going?
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low
TT Member
User

Marcus

by Marcus » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:49 pm

My dad works as a chef at the Chessington hotel and he got told that they would be extending.
TT Member
User

CoasterCrazyChris

by CoasterCrazyChris » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:07 pm

What I don't get is why that hotel is still being branded as a Holiday Inn even though Chessington have taken over the management of it?
TT Member
User

haydn!

by haydn! » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm guessing this would be why the proposed new animal exhibits they received planning permission for were pulled last minute late last year. That said, it is unusual they're extending into the park when there is ample room on the opposite side/back for this extension.

Hopefully new enclosures will be introduced 2014 as well, rather than those animals leave all together.
Team Admin
User

Adz

by Adz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:39 pm

Chessington has severe planning difficulties when it comes to expanding the parks boundaries. This is probably why they decided to go internal with the hotel extension.

It also gives you even more rooms you can sell at a higher premium and class them as 'inside' the theme park.
TT Member
User

Marcus

by Marcus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:08 pm

CoasterCrazyChris wrote:What I don't get is why that hotel is still being branded as a Holiday Inn even though Chessington have taken over the management of it?

Many other companies own Holiday Inn's around the world. Well I say own I mean they manage/run certain hotels.

TT Member
User

ShoesU

Holiday Inn Chessington and Up To 65% MAP Discount?

by ShoesU » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:16 pm

Has any ever had 65% off their stay at Holiday Inn using the MAP Discount Code because after emailing them asking for some prices for 1 and 2 nights they got back to me with more expensive prices than you get when you book normally using their website.  I know to get these rates it usually means you have to pay full room rate and then get the discount off that but i was quoted £127 for one night so after rough maths would say a standard rate before (at least) 65% (max discount) is about £350 for 1 night b&b?

Another date i requested that was £69 as the "best flexible rate" on their website would cost £100 using a discount code... seems to me like the annual pass code is rubbish as it claims you can get up to 65% off - there must be very few dates where this is true.
TT Member
User

stu1980

Re: Holiday Inn Chessington and Up To 65% MAP Discount?

by stu1980 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:31 am

i emailed them about 8 days ago as was trying to book for 2 nights in may but the prices online also have park tickets included and you cant remove them so that bumps the price up  bit i think. But with that said im still waiting for a reply and have now found a cheaper hotel just 2mins down the road.
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!

TT Member
User

Trisnie

by Trisnie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:17 pm

stu1980 wrote:i emailed them about 8 days ago as was trying to book for 2 nights in may but the prices online also have park tickets included and you cant remove them so that bumps the price up  bit i think. But with that said im still waiting for a reply and have now found a cheaper hotel just 2mins down the road.

At the top of the page just to the left of the phone number you can see a Merlin Pass holder link
http://www.chessingtonholidays.co.uk/annualpass.html
That will let you book without park tickets
TT Member
User

stu1980

by stu1980 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:03 pm

Trisnie wrote:
stu1980 wrote:i emailed them about 8 days ago as was trying to book for 2 nights in may but the prices online also have park tickets included and you cant remove them so that bumps the price up  bit i think. But with that said im still waiting for a reply and have now found a cheaper hotel just 2mins down the road.

At the top of the page just to the left of the phone number you can see a Merlin Pass holder link
http://www.chessingtonholidays.co.uk/annualpass.html
That will let you book without park tickets

See i did not know that i went via cwoa site http://chessingtonholidays.merlinbreaks.co.uk/masterChessington/r/main,availability/
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
TT Member
User

little_paul

Chessington Hotel

by little_paul » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:51 am

Does anyone know if there a way to book a room online , using a merlin pass to get the discounted rate?
Like on the legoland site etc, as Im sure i have seen the link before but cant find it now . Or is it a case of ringing the hotel ? Thanks
TT Member
User

davewazere

Chessington Hotel

by davewazere » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:49 am

When I booked I had to ring them and quote something (can't remember what) if you book early enough you can get 70% off I think but they don't have many rooms at that rate.
TT Member
User

little_paul

Re: Chessington Hotel

by little_paul » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Just in case anyone was wondering the average price a night with map discount seems to be £99  ( that was with the Wanyama Reverse view room) :D
TT Member
User

Marcus

CWOA to ditch Holiday Inn branding and expansion

by Marcus » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:19 pm

Discuss the extra 60 rooms which will located in the Monkey and Bird garden and Chessington ditching Holiday Inn branding becuase it costs too much.
TT Member
User

bensaund

Re: CWOA to ditch Holiday Inn branding and expansion

by bensaund » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 am

I really couldn't care a less about the hotel, my main concern is about the animals, are they going to be relocated elsewhere or will we simply loose those animals?
If you go down to the woods today
PreviousNext