Share your thought's on one of the UK's leading family parks here.
TT Member
User

ThemeCrafter264

Re: Chessington - General Discussion

by ThemeCrafter264 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:04 pm

The penguin stage looks interesting... Image

While creepy caves looks different...Image

Jungle bouncers is now treetop bouncers Image

And liam this is the new srq entrance for dragons falls Image
TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:08 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:And liam this is the new srq entrance for dragons falls Image

I know ;) I've seen before.

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:The penguin stage looks interesting... Image

That's now the Gruffalo Arena
Ride count 2017: 91!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 602!
Cred count: 63!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
TT Member
User

ThemeCrafter264

by ThemeCrafter264 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:10 pm

2017 parks map is this Image
Fabulous
User

Dom

by Dom » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:24 pm

First off, SouthParks was at the park today and was reporting live form the park too, So I personally feel gutted that users are quoting pictures from others and not TTSP.

Secondly, The Adventure Tree Carousel is stunning, and I can not wait to see the thing in full as I think its going to be something rather special.

One thing I have noticed is that the app queue times is off by miles. The park itself is looking a bit worse for ware in some area's, which is a shame, but it doesn't spoil anything and you have to be looking out for it to notice it. I'm not going to go into detail about the changes etc as i'm sure (And hoping as its always a delight to read) that SouthParks will do an article detailing everything.
TT Member
User

ThemeCrafter264

by ThemeCrafter264 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:38 pm

I really don't see the issue with me using pictures from other sites but anyway the adventure carousel does look rather nice and will add a bit personality to adventure point
Fabulous
User

Dom

by Dom » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:45 pm

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:I really don't see the issue with me using pictures from other sites but anyway the adventure carousel does look rather nice and will add a bit personality to adventure point

There's no issue. I was just voicing my own personal opinion, as mentioned :) Oh, its certainly adding personality to Adventure Point. It really is huge, but the pictures just don't show how big this thing really is. I genuinely thought it was going to be a normal sized carousel from the images, but when you see it in real life its huge and impressive.
TT Member
User

ThemeCrafter264

by ThemeCrafter264 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:58 pm

I was trying to work out. Are the poles the edge of carousel?
Team Admin
User

Ladyofthelake

by Ladyofthelake » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:41 pm

SouthParks News now has a full round-up of all the developments and changes from the Annual Pass Preview weekend.

Having been on park yesterday it was interesting to see what is now Wild Woods and there does seem to still be a lot to do on The Gruffalo Ride. I just hope it will be finished in time for next week! It's also very disappointing to see another Merlin attraction reduce its live entertainment line-up with there seemingly being no live show in Africa any more, and Pandamonium now only taking place in the summer holiday.
Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:40 pm

General update from my day at Chessington. Gruffalo updates will be posted in the Gruffalo topic.

Firstly I must say I am incredibly impressed with chessington this year, it's truly looking great again!

This years map is nice, however there's burying too drastic in terms of changes to art style!

The Adventure Tree looks impressive, although it still not sure on it being on top of the carousel...

Wild Woods is looking good, especially Vampire which seems to have new or refreshed paint work in the station...

There have also been major improvement with disabled queues. Dragons Fury and KOBRA no long awkwardly share the exit with their disabled queues meaning the system flows much better. Here's a look at how KOBRA's system works now.

However. Chessington, please can you sort out Vampire's dreadful disabled system. The current system is very incovient and dangerous fir disabled riders with the only access being via metal steps that are extremely easy to slip on (with no sign alerting people of danger)!

I also had a look at the new black tipped sharks in Sealife!

The otters...

The penguins...

And of course the lions with their cubs!

All in all Chessington is looking great, and if these improvements carry on I can see this becoming a new favourite of mine!
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:26 pm

The 2017 map is now available on Chessington's website.
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Can someone briefly explain how the SRQ for Dragon Falls works? I would have thought it impractical to put an SRQ on a log flume what with the ... comfortable ... seating arrangements. Also important to note that Kobra's SRQ will move incredibly slowly. Zufari's a good call, though it seems like more of a group/family experience.

Really like the general idea of more SRQs at Chessington, let's hope others take inspiration *cough* Thorpe *cough*. Would love to see one on Vampire, but it's presumably not feasible to run another line right through to the station.
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

TT Member
User

Liam.W

by Liam.W » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:08 pm

It would be a bit of a pain to put one on Vampire which is a shame.
Ride count 2017: 91!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 602!
Cred count: 63!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:19 am

So according to Chessington's queues page, it would appear that Peeking Heights has been down all season thus far. Anyone know why?
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

Fabulous
User

Dom

by Dom » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:02 pm

Peeking Heights was working on the first MAP day. Maybe something broke during the MAP weekend and they are currently awaiting the right part
TT Member
User

ThemeCrafter264

by ThemeCrafter264 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Burniel wrote:So according to Chessington's queues page, it would appear that Peeking Heights has been down all season thus far. Anyone know why?

Peeking heights is now open, according to queue times
TT Member
User

Doddy

by Doddy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:14 pm

So it looks like the app has been updated and the Gruffalo attractions have been added but sadly the map hasn't been updated to show the Adventure Tree and still shows the carousel still in place.
Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Sat May 13, 2017 2:00 pm

There are now "do not stand up" signs around Dragons Falls following the incident at Drayton Manor.
TT Member
User

Robert W

by Robert W » Sat May 13, 2017 11:53 pm

Owen wrote:There are now "do not stand up" signs around Dragons Falls following the incident at Drayton Manor.

I couldn't imagine anyone standing up on a log flume anyway... still, the signs are probably only their so that if an incident were to happen, Chessington could just say "we told you so!" I don't think signs actually make a real difference in people's safety, they just safeguard the park from any liabilities in the event of an accident.
Previous