UK theme parks from another point of view!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Vampire

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:45 am

The park is just not given the budget to keep the ride looking nice. For example the chandeliers are still sitting by the brake run. On our event a few years ago the head ride engineer said they had hoped to put them back, but I don't think it is really their responsibility to maintain things like that. Similar Merlin wide really..

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:06 pm

It is a shame because it takes away the character of the ride and it's not as impressive as it used to be.  I guess Merlin have to distribute their budgets carefully but to have some TLC given to Vampire would be great.

TPC
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 12, 2018 7:25 pm

Vampire seemed to be running on a skeleton crew today. Both trains were running, but they seemed to be down 1 or 2 staff. This was requiring the staff member on the outdoor gate holding point to also become the batcher in the station and ensure the last rows were left free for ride access. So they were having to move between both posts to keep the station filled up with guests.

Sadly when I went a few weeks ago I saw other issues with how the station was being operated and managed then as well.

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 am

That sounds the same staffing as an offpeak day a few weeks ago, only thing was they forgot to come and get us from the holding point! 15 minutes later everyone decided to just go ahead anyway. 

What is the point of the holding point anyway, is it to restrict the number of people inside the building? 

TPC
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 13, 2018 6:58 am

streetmagix wrote:
What is the point of the holding point anyway, is it to restrict the number of people inside the building? 

Yes, I believe the corridor is meant to be kept clear at all times. Back when the ride was marketed more as a thrill ride than a family ride and the station played the music much louder, more people were let into the station but they never had them queing in the tunnel. They also had at least 4 crew checking restraints and they would run the length of the station checking them.

The gate is also something that has been there since the Tussauds days. There also used to be a tree full of chewing gum just before the gate too.