UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ant

Imperial Leather Bubble Works coming in 2006

Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:40 am

Well im very angry about this there gonna revamp the famous well loved Bubble Works With a Imperial leather sponsorship. The ride is over 16 years old now and still gets big ques and is one of the only reasons I visit Chessington. I just think there gonna ruin this well loved ride with a cheap retheme with a sponsor which will get outdated very quickly in a couple of years. http://themeuk.net/DSC01918.JPG :-( .

Anonymous

Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:31 pm

Hmmm I dunno. They did a pretty good job with The Flume IMO, but they'll have to do something unique so it'll be quite interesting :D .

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:39 pm

They didnt do a very good job on the flume and bubbleworks is gonna be a big task becasue the building is huge...my guess is its gonna be a soap factory...but i'm gonna miss the lurvley smells lol

Williscroft

Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:33 pm

Things cant stay them same for ever. Like you have said Ant, the ride is over 16 years old so to me it sound right that a re-theme is needed. I have never been on this ride as i havent been to chessington yet but if its any thing like the Flume it should be great. The flume is one of my favorite rides at Alton Towers and i think they have done a great job rethemeing it, it always puts a smile on my face when i enter the area now. :D Its bright, wacky and loads of fun.

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:38 pm

Bubbleworks defo duznt need a re-theme. Ok maybe its a bit grubby and dirty in places but all it needs is a clean up. Its one of chessingtons classics :(

themadman26
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:21 pm

My idea of the Big bosses @ Imperial Leather
*Hey look there's a great ride that hasn't been terribly themed by big scary ducks I know what let's annoy the thirteen year olds on an Alton Topwers forum by redoing a great ride and then putting a big scary duck in the Thirteen year old's room (Evil Laugh) *

there you go there it is any more pics on the way :?:
Good Bye I\'m off elsewhere

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:12 pm

Bubbleworks is the Uks greatest dark ride in my honest opinion, Imperial Leather can just **** off.

As can you madman, stop trying to be funny.

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:55 pm

NO !!! This can not happen !
Please don't mess this up Imperial Leather.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

steve
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:22 pm

I'm sure they will improve it and then the queues will get longer!

Hurri
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:33 pm

I really hope Chessington and Imperial Leather can pull this off.

The Bubbleworks won't be the same without Professor Burp, but change could be for the better. We'll just have to wait and see.

bond231
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:21 pm

hopefully they will do good, although the flume was bad and rumba rapids at thropes retheme was bad aswell they were in desperate need of a retheme. bubbleworks doesn't so hopefully that means the chessington know that it will have to be made 10x better. i went on the ride 4 times on sunday you can never get bored of it. i hope they keep the smell and music. but sad to say they are getting rid of proffessor burps!

Anonymous

Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:53 pm

"steve" wrote:
I'm sure they will improve it and then the queues will get longer!

No because Bubbleworks is still as popular as its ever been. The queue is still always regularly full for instance = The other day it had a 2 hour queue for example. So it doesn't need this refurbishment.

Steighvo
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:10 am

umm, what exactly is bubble works?
Touch my beans... said the man!

themeparkdude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:55 pm

it is a indoor rapid ride, and it tours around a fizzy drink facotry.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:44 am

"themeparkdude" wrote:
it is a indoor rapid ride, and it tours around a fizzy drink facotry.

LOL i wouldnt quite go as far as a rapid ride! It is like toyland tours at AT but with a pop factory theme. It is a classic but that is about as far as it goes, the kids like it and it is some where to go to get out of the rain!

We went yesturday and the que was about 20 minutes long. the imperial leather sponsorship is already on the main logo as you go in the entrance of bubble works.

Cjw
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:53 am

We went yesturday and the que was about 20 minutes long. the imperial leather sponsorship is already on the main logo as you go in the entrance of bubble works.

It's nowhere near the main logo :-?

symone
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:39 am

Well as you go into the entrance to bubble works the big sign as you go in has the imperial leather logo in the middle of it, i am not blind!

Take a look for yourself next time you go

DiogoJ42

Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:56 am

The BWrks is one of only three rides at Chessie worth going there for (the others being Vamp & Dagon's Fury). To do ANYTHING other than restore it would be blasphemy!
Can you Imagin if Disney suddenly decided to retheme Its A Small World as a giant McDonnalds? It just wouldn't happen.
Tussauds seem to have forgotten what makes them great lately; original themed rides, NOT sponsored bull****.

End of rant. Next nutter please...

Anonymous

Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:20 am

"symone" wrote:
Well as you go into the entrance to bubble works the big sign as you go in has the imperial leather logo in the middle of it, i am not blind!

Take a look for yourself next time you go

Thats on the wall, not on the entrance boards. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Furymg/P10100151.jpg

Phantom
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:57 pm

Nooooo, why, why. It was good before. Let us have non-edorsed rides, please!
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3