Share your thought's on one of the UK's leading family parks here.

Bubbleworks

User

monsterdan5

Re: Old Bubbleworks or new Bubbleworks

by monsterdan5 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:18 pm

"electricBlll" wrote:
It wasn't just the Finale lighting that was ruined. Have you seen to awful, cringeworthy office lights they shoved in the old Hygeine Room? Euurgh. It used to be UV, dim, purple and lovely. Now it is bright white and plastic. Seriously, people should have been fired.

Yeah Ive seen em :evil: Maybe we are going to see change this year as sponsorship is supposed to run out this year, planning permission would not need to be applied for seeing as the entire attraction is indoors unless any major structural changes were planned ;)

User

[Archive]

by [Archive] » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:26 pm

A full overhaul with gutting out is needed very soon, but unfortunately it will not happen this year. We will probably see a few more minor improvements though like they have been doing year-on-year since 2008, though. :)
TT Member
User

Jared

by Jared » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:28 pm

I very much doubt anything will happen to the ride. It'll just be re-branded to remove imperial leather everywhere. It'll just be the bubbleworks...

TT Member
User

thefatone

by thefatone » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:29 pm

It's just being repainted and cleaned up for first time since 06 - and the posters in the queueline are being replaced as they were ruined/removed.
TT Member
User

Chaz

Old Bubbleworks or new Bubbleworks

by Chaz » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:30 pm

"electricBlll" wrote:Do you still have it? :D

Of course I do, he's actually in the loft at the moment, I will take a photo for you asap.

I won it when CWoA originally put it up for auction, with a number of different BW stuff the season after it got ruined, sorry, rethemed!

The auction was for charity and I had to work (I think) so left my mum in charge of my eBay account. I told her no more than £40 but, it being her first time on eBay, she won it for £68 and paid the rest as it was an excuse to give to charity.

I reckon there must be a few of us with various BW bits, can't we team up and rebuild Wardley's masterpiece!
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]
TT Member
User

Magrathea

by Magrathea » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 pm

The finale lighting was even worse this past season, too, for the majority of the season when I went on it they were just static on, with so many more in the rig doing absolutely nothing :evil:.

Chessie, if you do nothing else to Bubbleworks this season, grab the fairground audio, throw it into Audacity, and GET RID OF THE STUPID GAP. You will make the Bubbleworks experience a million times better for me, with about 5 mins work :P.

User

monsterdan5

by monsterdan5 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 am

"thefatone" wrote:It's just being repainted and cleaned up for first time since 06 - and the posters in the queueline are being replaced as they were ruined/removed.

Source?

TT Member
User

thefatone

by thefatone » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Dave - Rides TL currently painting up the bubbleworks.

Can't provide any further evidence per say (as that'd get in trouble!), apart from you'll notice the difference when it opens in march.

Plus - it'd be a bloody massive problem if prof burp still had his ruined poster on display ;)
TT Member
User

ReZourceman

Bubbleworks

by ReZourceman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:44 pm

So...who remembers the Professor Burps Bubbleworks drinks? I only barely remember them...but from what my memory tells me they were absolutely AMAZING.

I'm not even 100% certain if what I remember is correct but...I am confident I remember a banana one.

What else did they do?

User

monsterdan5

Re: Professor Burps Bubbleworks Drinks

by monsterdan5 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:48 pm

...there were Bubbleworks... DRINKS?!?!?! :shock:

Dam...

User

Rowe

by Rowe » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:29 pm

I heard about the drinks many months ago in the 1990 article. They certainly sounded interesting but couldn't have lasted for more than a few years.

:)
TT Member
User

CoasterCrazyChris

by CoasterCrazyChris » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:34 pm

It's a shame that most of these ride shops in Merlin parks only sell rubbish generic merchandise these days.

I think there might be footage of some of the original Bubbleworks/Vampire merchandise in the John Wardley documentary 'Themes, Dreams and Scream Machines' but I'm not sure.

:)
Community Advocate
User

Owen

Bye Bye Bubbleworks - Your Memories

by Owen » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:45 pm

After asking some people I found there was demand for a topic like this.

Seeing as Bubbleworks is such a nostalgic ride spanning over two decades, it's only necessary that people get the chance to share their memories and farewells to this attraction in its own topic (and so the refurbishment topic isn't flooded with this sort of thing!).

So, what are your favourite memories from this attraction, mine would have to be using my hand to angle the fountains to spray others!

Bye Bye Bubbleworks, you had a nice run but now it's time for something new! :)
TT Member
User

Burniel

Re: Bye Bye Bubbleworks - Your Memories

by Burniel » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Owen wrote:So, what are your favourite memories from this attraction, mine would have to be using my hand to angle the fountains to spray others!

But that's not allowed! :O

Mine would have to be my first ever visit to Chessington. Back in 2006, I was young and remember very little about the whole trip except Bubbleworks. At this time, the Imperial Leather sponsorship had just kicked in, so whilst I'm sure it was still inferior to its Professor Burp predecessor, it was certainly fresher than the more tired state it ended its life in. At the time, it was my favourite ride ever and I distinctly remember queuing for it again at the end of the day as a "treat". The ride just made me so happy.

I've been lucky enough to live just a 10 minute drive away from this glorious slice of UK theme park history all my life, but it's time for something new. Bye bye Bubbleworks, 1990-2016, I look forward to the future.
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

TT Member
User

JonDoesTT

Re: Bye Bye Bubbleworks - Your Memories

by JonDoesTT » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:25 pm

I only ever got to ride Bubbleworks twice, but I remember it being fun and wanting to go back specifically just to ride it again. I'm sure when it was a newer attraction it was even better, as I know a lot of the effects weren't working when I went. It's a shame to see it go, but hopefully whatever replaces it is just as good (and not gruffalo themed).

Credit to NemesisRider

TT Member
User

BayPig

BubbleWorks Props Showcase

by BayPig » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Hey there! As a kid Bubbleworks was my absolute favorite ride and was up until it's closing day, and i was wondering if anyone had managed to get any of the auction props or had any interesting merchandise from its 26 year running period.
Sorry if the way i've written this is a bit rusty, i'm brand new to the site ;)

link any pictures or videos below or just tell me about anything you've got relating to the ride, look forward to hearing from everyone!

Also a side note if anyone has any of the bubbleworks' props for sale please let me know!
Previous