UK theme parks from another point of view!

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Rameses' Revenge Incident

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 pm

weeksy wrote:
Ouch! Is there footage of it now? Such a shame if this is it for Rameses Revenge.

Mabalzich wrote:
This just makes me laugh:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/40-people-stuc ... =1#DCo5zqx

When they interview some of the girls that were on the ride, it just makes me want to bang my head. I hate the youth of today, "I was like Oh My God!"

That one  8)
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

wrightiee
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:48 pm

How much more bad luck and bad press is chessington due, such a shame. Currently the best ride there for older adventurers.

Pray for rammy

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:16 pm

It is a shame this has happened but Rameses has looked and feels in a state of disrepair for a few years now.

Here's their opportunity to replace it with a floorless Topspin..

#yeahright!
Last edited by Chris on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Rameses' Revenge Program

Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:56 pm

when I last went the duration did seem to vary
I wondered if maybe it was 1 short program/cycle that was used twice or once at the ride ops disposal.

(sidenote)1 thing I do know for sure is that depending on the weight, the way it spins is different every time - I asked a ride op about that.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:09 am

DeanGaryCox wrote:

In the sense they may have to replace Rameses Revenge... where is that money going to come from, considering the £5million refurbishment is already planned out; and surprised to see they're actually getting some well needed investment.

Where is the money coming from... remind me how many billions Merlin made last year.... a Top Spin is small cash to them, it's like you splashing out a fiver on Fish n Chips
If you go down to the woods today

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:32 am

bensaund wrote:
Where is the money coming from... remind me how many billions Merlin made last year.... a Top Spin is small cash to them, it's like you splashing out a fiver on Fish n Chips

Merlin made an operating profit of £258m, not billions. Although that is a large sum of money, without well thought-out spending, that could easily become a loss figure within a company as large as Merlin.

I do agree that a replacement is needed, but people need to look at it sensibly; from the looks of gate figures and budgets, Chessington isn't doing great, they don't have money to "splash out" like I would on Fish & Chips :lol:

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:50 am

The thing is 'a Top Spin is small cash to them' Chessington rarely get's any investment as it is besides the new ride and the £5million upgrade which came out of nowhere, so personally i can't see them replacing it any time soon, or at least not this year, and next year... but unexpected things like this do ruin & force plans to change.
Image 2014

Caroline58
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:19 am

I know Merlin must make growing profits year on year, but ride maintenance is essential for continued success - something that if they neglect, serious problems could occur.
Revenge online - click here

bensaund
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:01 am

I have no doubt they do the essential ride maintenance. Do you think Merlin are that stupid that they will not follow the manufacturers maintenance/operating instructions and any required H&S, legal and public liability insurance and staff training on their rides?

These rides are ridden by thousands of guests every day and for them not to do the maintenance will result in prosecution and or a major accident. The rides are the main reason people go to the parks, so if they get a reputation for dangerous rides, then they can pretty much say goodbye to their parks.

I think people are over reacting to the Rameses incident. The last thing Merlin want is this happening, guests stuck, very bad publicity for the park and a ride out of action for the remainder of the season or forever..

There is some serious lack of maintenance around the parks which they are trying to resolve during their £5 million upgrade and some of the work they have done already looks good (despite what some others say) It is a shame that it was so poorly managed and resulted in no RMT for 2013 and the removal of the theming from Dragon falls and other rides. Why on earth they are doing the maintenance during the open season and not the closed season is very strange.
If you go down to the woods today

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:48 pm

So according to the website, Rameses Revenge will not not be operating again until 2014. When I visited with friends last month, the ride was covered with what looked like scaffolding, although I only quickly passed it once or twice. I really hope that repairs are made to it so I won't break down so regularly next season, because if it continues to have problems, I can imagine Merlin closing down the ride altogether, which is a shame, because it's one of the best rides at Chessington WOA in my opinion.
The Runaway Train couldn't be seen at all as there was a black wooden fence blocking off the whole area, although there was a sign just outside asking for your ideas about the new look of the coaster. There was a similar sign by Dragon Falls, but the ride was still operating as usual.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Rameses Revenge

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:17 pm

It is with regret that I report my sighting of an incident with Rameses Revenge when I was on-park on Saturday 13th September.

The load before me had just started their first cycle, when there was a loud noise and the gondola stopped (what amuses me is that it stopped in the same position as last year). I, wanting lunch and knowing it wouldn't be fixed all too quickly, left the queue.

When passing the ride later in the day, I saw that the ride was empty, back to the bottom and with no restraints cut, but it wasn't open. According to the website, it hasn't been open since.

I'm very concerned for the ride. It is, in my opinion, in the top 3 rides at Chessington, and with its downtime over the 2013/2014 seasons, it seems likely that any serious incident would finish it off.

I hope that they are just waiting for a part.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Rameses Revenge

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:06 am

^ That happens all the time. Over the closed season they installed a quicker way to lower the gondola.

And unless sometimes stupidly major happens, i.e. It collapses in on itself, it won't leave, it would be simply to difficult and expensive to remove it from that pit. The majority of Forbidden Kingdom is built around it. Not to mention, it's probably the only attraction that brings thill seekers to Chessington, removing it would undoubtably lower attendance.