UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dara
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Rameses Revenge

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:26 pm

Yesterday, i was told by somebody who lives in the town of chessington that ramases revenge has been sold to another park and that 2006 will be its last season at CWOA.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true. It was the first I've heard of it.
I really hope it is'nt true. I love the ride and find it alot more thrilling than Ripsaw and unlike ripsaw it still uses water.
Could it be that he was just confusing ramases with another one of chessington's rides which is being sold? Anyone know anything about this?

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:28 pm

Its a load of lies, it has not been sold and its not planned to be removed anytime in the near future. :)

Nick

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:39 pm

I was under the impression new settings will be programmed into the ride to make it more intense

Dara
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:43 pm

Thats what I heard which is why it came as such a shock to me to hear it was being sold. Like I say, I really hope it isn't true.
Does anyone know if any other CWOA rides have been sold? Perhaps he was getting it confused with another ride

Squiggles
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:23 pm

Possibly Rodeo? Did that ever actually leave the park or is it still in storage?
Edwardo..... move me!

Nick

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:54 pm

Isn't it still in its original location. I was told that might be operational again next season

Matt 125
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:58 pm

So the rumour about a HUSS Topple Tower ride that was meant to be going there soon is out of the picture.

:lol: We would've of seen something happening there by now!!

Matt :D

Ram737
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:50 pm

I was reading up on Wikipedia, i know its not the most reliable source but they suggest that the topple tower would maybe come around 2008.

Nick

Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:56 pm

Surely we won't be seeing any new Huss Rides untill they come out of bankrupcy?

TenZero
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:01 pm

Rameses wont be moving I dont think. Even though its been stuck on the same setting for weeks... :roll:

Nick

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:05 pm

It only has the one setting doesn't it? Probably why most of the time they give you 2 goes as it is so short

Dara
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:02 am

I wouldn't actually be suprised if the rodeo did return next season. It isn't in storage. It's actually just sitting on it's old site in pieces but with a wooden fence around the runaway train side of it. You can still see it from the ramases exit path. All the queue line and the entrance sign still remain exactly as they were 2 years ago.

AstroDan

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:19 pm

Bring back a Breakdance to the UK and it'll bolster my reasons for going to Chessington next year, even if it is tamer.

:D

Nick

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:48 pm

There is a rip-off of a Breakdance sat on one of the piers at Blackpool that is still in operation

HAJiME
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:15 pm

^ And it's awesome too.

Breakdance is the only fair ride i actually like, so i'm really pished about Rodeo.

As for Ramases. I jokingly had a go at a ride op once to put the setting up and she yelled back somthing along the lines of "you come fix it then!"

Ramases Revenge did have some problems, as did Ripsaw, in 05-06 but i don't think Ramases would get replaced even if it was completely ruined. I think you'll find that Chessington would leave it sitting there for some years whilst they decided what to replace it with - no doubt shops and stalls.

So, whatever the problem is i guess it can't run to it's full intensity anymore. Maybe it's a similar problem to what Samurai had. Though i find those cliams hard to believe again. Suposedly Mondail told Tussauds that the reason there was a fault with Samurai was because it was being run at a settling too high for too long and it was damaging it, suposedly. Then with MS telling tussauds to tone it down with Rattlesnake, Dragon's Fury and Spinball Whizzer? Either Tussauds don's read the mannuals, of there's somthign fishy goin' on.

It's rumours like this one that make infromation from staff very unreliable. Any rumour like this, in my eyes, is good though. It gets people talking and keeps us awear of possible changes. It makes the fandom interesting.
Website | @saiyanhajime | Theme Park Blog | Coaster Count: 310

Mattmills
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:41 pm

"HAJiME" wrote:
Then with MS telling tussauds to tone it down with Rattlesnake, Dragon's Fury and Spinball Whizzer? Either Tussauds don's read the mannuals, of there's somthign fishy goin' on.

How can you tone down a rollercoaster? when its run by force of gravity?

Nick

Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:44 pm

I think he meant when the ride manufacturer Mauer Sohne placed some restrictions on their rides regarding how many adults could be seated in one car and putting a maximum weight on each car after an incident on Dragons Fury

AstroDan

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:06 pm

"NickAndrews" wrote:
I think he meant when the ride manufacturer Mauer Sohne placed some restrictions on their rides regarding how many adults could be seated in one car and putting a maximum weight on each car after an incident on Dragons Fury

These have, as most people probably know, been lifed. Spinball was operating with fully loaded cars towards the end of the 2006 season.

John
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:11 pm

Were the restrictions lifted on fury too? Presumably fury needed them more than spinball did, as it was fury that had all the problems.

Having spaces in the cars is good in a way, as it makes the ride better (more spin!). However it messes up the thoughput, which is bad enough already on spinball.

Nick

Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:19 pm

As far as I know there aren't any restrictions on Fury