UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: Chessington - The Future

Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:48 pm

Scruffy Dog have shared this image of a new project, and for some reason it screams Dragons Falls to me. They also noted the name is recognisable which both Chessingtion and Dragons Falls are. It could be entirely unrelated but I wouldn't be surprised seeing as Dragons Falls is expected to have a refurb similar to Scorpion Express at some point...

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Scruffy Dog have confirmed that the image is not related to Dragon Falls, nor any Merlin project for that matter.

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:45 am

What a shame! I was beginning to look forward to some sort of re-vamp of Dargon Falls! I guess it may still get one though a some point hopefully.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:58 pm

As reported by SouthParks News, Chessington have submitted plans for a 'Forest Segways Tours' attraction to be located next to the Go Ape High Ropes course in the Sixty Acre Woods. This will comprise of a 1600m long circuit which will take guests through the natural woodland in the area. Groups can be up to 14 guests with five, 90 minute sessions a day.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm so excited by this! I've done the forest segways at the GoApe located in Sherwood Forest, and it is fantastic! Really glad it's coming to chessie!
Ride count 2017: 422!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 933!
Cred count: 70!

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:34 pm

They also offer it at Go Ape Thetford, although I've never been there. It has been a while since I've been on a Segway, but when I go biking nearby, they always seem to be in use!

Just found a little video too!