Share your thought's on one of the UK's leading family parks here.

Chessington - The Future

TT Member
User

BenBowser

Re: Chessington - The Future

by BenBowser » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:10 pm

:joy:

I'm so glad this ride is finally getting some TLC. It was a bit lacking in the whole TLC side of things.
Community Advocate
User

Dan

by Dan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:52 pm

I only rode Tomb Blaster for the first time last year so I have no reference for what it used to be like, but I was really impressed with it.

I'm hoping I manage to get to Chessington this year to see the improvements.
Community Advocate
User

Justin

by Justin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:03 pm

It used to be better as Terror Tomb, and superior by far!
While some of the original theming remains, I don't enjoy it as much. I just hope the refurbishment brings a little of it's magic back!
TT Member
User

Jared

by Jared » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:44 am

I have to say, when we walked around Tomb Blaster to take those photos and talked to the people behind the changes, the amount of passion and excitement was oozing from them. I cannot wait for this season to begin to we can get on there and experience it all under show lighting.

TT Member
User

Liam_s99

Thrilling Coaster

by Liam_s99 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Do you think that Chessington will ever receive a thrilling roller coaster?
Personally I think a GCI wooden coaster would be a good fit, or possibly an intamin multi-launch coaster, like Cheetah Hunt. A family-thrill coaster would be good for the park in my opinion.
TT Member
User

Liam.W

Re: Thrilling Coaster

by Liam.W » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:15 pm

A thrilling coaster would be nice for those looking for an adrenaline rush, although chessington WOA's target market is families and younger people (basically people who are too scared for Alton & Thorpe but still want small thrills :lol)so I think it will be unlikely they will be adding a major thrill ride in the near future. A ride with the same amount of thrill as th13teen would possibly be a good fit.
Ride count 2017: 64!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 575!
Cred count: 62!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!
TT Member
User

Morgan

by Morgan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:36 pm

The problem is, where? I struggle to think about where Chessington would put a new coaster. The land opposite Dragon's Fury and by Pirate's Cove is Greenbelt land. Ripping out Africa wouldn't come for ages, the Penguins show is on an 8 year contract. By Zufari is no-go, as there are lots of animals there.

I would love it if Chessington would get a major new coaster, the last think we had was 12 years ago. The park just doesn't have the space, and it's not the market the park is aiming for.
TT Member
User

Jared

by Jared » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:35 pm

Toadies / Peeking Heights / Mystic East is more than likely where the next 'big addition / coaster' will go once the park have finished fixing everything up.

At the moment, the parks 'Putting the Theme back into Theme Parks' programme is what they are focusing on and when the park re-opens for this season it'll be evident just how close they are to having the park back upto scratch.

Africa - Done (2012)
Forbidden Kingdom - WIP (2016)
Land of the Dragons - ???
Market Square - Done (2014)
Mexicana - Done (2014)
Mystic East - Done (2014/2016)
Pirates Cove - Done (2014)
Transylvania - Done (2014/2016)
Wild Asia - Done (2010)
Zufari - Done (2013)

Toilets, car parking and generally how the park operates is going to be a big project soon as, as much as the park wants new rides and new coasters, it's hardly going to go down well if they cannot get guests into the park and the basics right. They'll be adding new rides and alike soon, there are lots of ideas and exciting plans in place, you just need to be patient. The teams in place have the passion and drive to turn the park around. You'll see it soon!
Community Advocate
User

Owen

by Owen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:04 pm

I feel a small MACK launched coaster or Vekoma family boomerang in the space where Explorer Campung is would fit nicely, as the camping doesn't currently have a permanent spot where it is (5 or so years I believe), it would be a nice way to expend Wild Asia and add a new thrilling family ride at the same time.
TT Member
User

AdamDylag

by AdamDylag » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:46 pm

I think that an Aztec themed Intamin family coaster (such as Thirteen) would fit nicely. I also believe that a relatively small-medium sized drop out of a pyramid would be awesome, however I'm not sure if Chessington have the space for this type of investment.

TT Member
User

BenBowser

Thrilling Coaster

by BenBowser » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:02 pm

The biggest problem Chessington have is space... The fact that they hit the walls only three years after opening says it all really.

But that's a good thing. Chessington shouldn't be some massive commercial holiday resort, just a small but sweet regional park inspiring the minds of all young children that are fortunate enough to visit.
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:06 pm

An update on Smokehouse BBQ from Chessington's Facebook. It's actually looking quite promising.

TT Member
User

alicheesy

by alicheesy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:16 pm

I do like those rather jazzy letters, but I'll only be happy if they serve Quorn (which I am not hopeful about)
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:19 pm

alicheesy wrote:I do like those rather jazzy letters, but I'll only be happy if they serve Quorn (which I am not hopeful about)

The Chessington website does say that both healthy and vegetarian options will be available. :)
TT Member
User

alicheesy

by alicheesy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:38 pm

Ooooo thanks, I probably should have gone on the website :lol Hope it's not just vegetables
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever

TT Member
User

BenBowser

by BenBowser » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:48 pm

Hmmm, it may sound a bit pedantic, but that flashy sign and modern lighting doesn't exactly scream traditional English market town to me...

Bit of a let down really, as they managed to capture the Cornish Fishing Village idea so well with Captain's. Boo, not a fan.
TT Member
User

nickhutson

by nickhutson » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:46 pm

Smokehouse BBQ is an American restaurant - that just happens to be in A market square. :)
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:05 pm

You may have seen photos of Chessington's animatronic panda family around London over the past couple of days. This article from the Evening Standard also includes a nice video of them in action, as well as going into a bit more detail about how they were designed.
TT Member
User

fitchy

by fitchy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Chessingtons biggest challenge is planning permission for new attractions as the whole park is now classed as green belt land ....
PreviousNext