Share your thought's on one of the UK's leading family parks here.

Chessington - The Future

TT Member
User

GThing64

Re: Chessington - The Future

by GThing64 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:29 pm

I remember seeing a facebook post a few days back that depicted an AirRace-style attraction but I can't seem to find it any more so I'm starting to question my own sanity. Either way, I'm not really buying the watermania theory. I feel if they were going for something along those lines, there are much better, higher capacity models out there like the mack twistNsplash.
TT Member
User

Max

by Max » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:09 pm

It was a gerstlauer sky fly plan drawn up by an enthusiast. :)
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
TT Member
User

GThing64

by GThing64 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:23 pm

That was an enthusiast? Wow, I'm seriously impressed if it was. Do you have the original source? I'm wondering why the one I found was removed..
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:41 pm

GThing64 wrote:That was an enthusiast? Wow, I'm seriously impressed if it was. Do you have the original source? I'm wondering why the one I found was removed..

http://www.johnburtoncreative.com/portfolioflats.html
TT Member
User

GThing64

by GThing64 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:33 pm

Oh, right! He was the guy who did that flume replacement with a sideways lift hill. And created that concept art for what the Smiler might had looked like based on the information we had at the time. I'm surprised he hasn't been hired by now.. Although do want to give at least a bit of credit to whoever changed the original image to add the Chessington-specific information and a custom entrance and logo. At least that's what I remember it being like... starting to question my sanity again..
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Chessington Buzz have reported that Vampires original entrences is being restored ready for the 2016 season!

As far as I'm aware, This means that the current (and lack lustre) entrance will be removed -

And we can see something like this returning -

Who is glad to see the impressive wooden gates return?
Last edited by Owen on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TT Member
User

GThing64

by GThing64 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:56 pm

I've been passing those gates all year wondering why the entrance wasn't there! I wasn't actually aware of their history but I'm glad they're returning and hopefully the ride's future is secure.

Say, we haven't heard anything about the new ride in a while. I'd heard rumours that it had been canned but I've yet to hear any official confirmation yet. I certainly hope not since it's been way too long since the park's actually had a proper ride installed!
TT Member
User

Owen

by Owen » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:59 pm

If construction for the new attraction has begun (which it evidentially has), we can assume the new attraction will be going forward 100% as this will mean it's been paid for. If it has been cancelled this will be down to major issues with either Chessington or the company manufacturing the attraction :)
TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Chessingtons email for the 2016 ride has been removed, and apparently they've said on Twitter there is no 2016 ride. :/
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net
TT Member
User

Morgan

by Morgan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Yes, it's been cancelled so the park can do some TLC. The park is already looking much better. I know that they are doing quite a bit in Transylvania, including re-building the Bubbleworks drop.

TT Member
User

BenBowser

by BenBowser » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Just so you know, the old Vampire entrance won't be used again, well, at least not as a result of this.

They're just cleaning it up and restoring all of the original designs and details. Having seen it in person today, I can say that it really does look fantastic. The black shadows over the cracks are finally back, and it looks gorgeous.
Team Admin
User

Adz

by Adz » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:51 pm

Unfortunately the old entrance can't be reused easily. You would need to reroute almost all of the queue line and also find a new fastrack entrance point. Whilst the current entrance isn't exactly the prettiest - it's the most functional.
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:21 pm

Chessington's 2016 February half term event has been rebranded from African Adventures to Animal Adventures, with no rides being open unlike previous years, pretty much making it just a week of alternatively branded Zoo Days.
TT Member
User

Max

by Max » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Disappointing again from the parks, they've had great FHT events in the past. Really hoping that Christmas isn't the replacement for the FHT event as the ride offering is less than good. However, if the excuse is that they will be repainting areas/refurbishing things like they are already doing with vampire, and the park looks fantastic come March, then there will be no complaints here. Only time will tell.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Team TTSP
User

lewis97

by lewis97 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Chessington have posted a photo on Facebook showing the latest progress on the construction of Smokehouse BBQ.

TT Member
User

Ryan.B

by Ryan.B » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:10 pm

for anyone who wants to know, safari skyway is to be totally removed, not SBNO.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

TT Member
User

BenBowser

by BenBowser » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Well, it will be partly removed. :P Some of the more difficult to access sections will be left standing.
TT Member
User

ponder

by ponder » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:13 pm

Morgan wrote:Yes, it's been cancelled so the park can do some TLC. The park is already looking much better. I know that they are doing quite a bit in Transylvania, including re-building the Bubbleworks drop.

Anybody spotting a theme here? TLC *should* be standard practice in theme parks during off-season, but Merlin are using it as a reason not to invest in other areas. Understandable, due to the fallout from the Smiler incident, but disappointing nonetheless.
TT Member
User

Morgan

by Morgan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:19 pm

It's because Chessington have finally got some money to do some painting and fixing up of their attractions, something that is well overdue
Community Advocate
User

Luce

by Luce » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:21 pm

I agree, it is a shame not to be seeing a new ride for example but I hope Chessington's TLC will improve the park as it certainly needs it in places :)

PreviousNext