Share your thought's on one of the UK's leading family parks here.

Zufari

TT Member
User

bensaund

Re: ZUFARI reviews

by bensaund » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:24 am

I have been on Zufari 3 times now and I do enjoy it. You do have to go on the ride when the weather is nice as the animals will not be out if it is freezing cold and raining.

as for broken effects, that seems to be a regular trend across all of the Merlin parks. If anything it is a good addition to the park IMO
If you go down to the woods today
TT Member
User

Burniel

Re: ZUFARI reviews

by Burniel » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:20 am

It was quite funny tbh - the lights flash and reveal -

A stone-dry cave! :lol:
Ride Count 2017: 83
Ride Count 2014-17: 793

TT Member
User

BenVenn

Zufari 2014 Update

by BenVenn » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:50 pm

Hey there, I'm working at the park this year and I've seen a lot of comments of people complaining about the Pre-Show building.

I can confirm that it's been changed into a continuous queue that connects to both ends so you hopefully won't get caught behind people who were in front of you. Also, Gozi, the Lemur is making a reappearance on a more improvisational scale, he's looking to introduce the stars of the show as a priority, being the animals!

I hope if you go you'll enjoy yourselves :)
TT Member
User

ThrillJunkie

Re: Zufari

by ThrillJunkie » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

What is supposed to happen in the cave? When I rode Zufari on Saturday we drove into the cave, the door came down but nothing happened we just drove through.

I'm guessing something is supposed to happen hear as the pre-show and audio commentary said not to go into the cave.
Check out my Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/thrilljunkie99]
TT Member
User

jon18uk

Re: Zufari 2014 Update

by jon18uk » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:04 am

BenVenn wrote:Hey there, I'm working at the park this year and I've seen a lot of comments of people complaining about the Pre-Show building.

I can confirm that it's been changed into a continuous queue that connects to both ends so you hopefully won't get caught behind people who were in front of you. Also, Gozi, the Lemur is making a reappearance on a more improvisational scale, he's looking to introduce the stars of the show as a priority, being the animals!

I never felt the 10 people who may or may not get in front of your following the show was a problem really so don't see this as an improvement.

The Chase Van Driver segment of pre-show was more important to the storyline, setting up the animals you might see and the cave finale, the Gozi section was the bit that never worked as the audience were never interested in getting involved.

TT Member
User

BenVenn

by BenVenn » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 am

jon18uk wrote:
BenVenn wrote:Hey there, I'm working at the park this year and I've seen a lot of comments of people complaining about the Pre-Show building.

I never felt the 10 people who may or may not get in front of your following the show was a problem really so don't see this as an improvement.

The Chase Van Driver segment of pre-show was more important to the storyline, setting up the animals you might see and the cave finale, the Gozi section was the bit that never worked as the audience were never interested in getting involved.

Hey there, we're still playing the Chase Van Driver clip as people walk through, however we're also keeping Gozi as some of the kids (Not all, I'll give you that) but some love it!

In regard to the water not working, there was a little bug on Saturday however it was mostly fixed for Sunday and it'll be ready for when the park opens this Wednesday.
TT Member
User

jon18uk

by jon18uk » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:50 pm

BenVenn wrote:
jon18uk wrote:

Hey there, we're still playing the Chase Van Driver clip as people walk through, however we're also keeping Gozi as some of the kids (Not all, I'll give you that) but some love it!

In regard to the water not working, there was a little bug on Saturday however it was mostly fixed for Sunday and it'll be ready for when the park opens this Wednesday.

Cool, hopefully with some practice the interaction between Gozi and the kids will improve and Zufari will be even better this season.

I had one okay ride on a busy day last year but an amazing ride on a quiet day. On the quiet day the drive was very slow and we parked up to watch the animals, was a very nice experience on the safari (even though the water didn't work), just not enough kids interested in Gozi in the pre-show on a school day!

TT Member
User

BenVenn

by BenVenn » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:53 pm

jon18uk wrote:
Cool, hopefully with some practice the interaction between Gozi and the kids will improve and Zufari will be even better this season.

I had one okay ride on a busy day last year but an amazing ride on a quiet day. On the quiet day the drive was very slow and we parked up to watch the animals, was a very nice experience on the safari (even though the water didn't work), just not enough kids interested in Gozi in the pre-show on a school day!

I'm actually working in the Gozi control panel, and yeah interacting with the kids is a really big challenge sometimes, especially more so with the new queue format, but hopefully the show will still be able to prepare you for your "Zufari experience!" :)
Forum Leader
User

Dom

by Dom » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:57 am

Zufari was a bit mix and match IMO. Some parts are actually really good while other parts seem a bit sparse. The queue and the cave are brilliant, but i feel it could do with a bit more on the animal front. I understand that space isn't huge but surely they could act a couple more animals.
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:37 pm

^As someone who visits Chessington a lot, I would say that the amount of animals you see varies a lot. If it is raining, cold, or has been raining recently, then many animals won't come out. I've been on times where there's at least 15-20 animals in there (counting each flamingo), but I've also been on times where there's barely any.

I would like to see elephants in Zufari, though.

TT Member
User

Morgan

by Morgan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Anyone know what Zufari will be like on 1st November???
TT Member
User

Burniel

by Burniel » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:52 pm

Do you mean queues or ride quality?

Queues - fairly low. It may be their Halloween event, but the first days of November are surprisingly quiet, and Zufari hasn't been hitting the massive queues it was getting in 2013 that much, either.

Ride Quality - Depends on weather. Recently, we've been having fairly good weather in the area (considering the time of year), so that's a plus, but if it's raining or has rained the night before, expect low turnouts with the animals.

Hope I helped :)

TT Member
User

BenBowser

by BenBowser » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:27 pm

As far as I'm aware, there is (or there certainly was) plans to add more animals in the future. Hence the overly large Rhino Paddock.

If your going in November, be sure to do it quick. At Howl'o'ween the shut the queue at 3:30pm. The ride also is one that will be quiet in the morning, then get a rush in the afternoon, much like Tomb Blaster.
TT Member
User

Morgan

by Morgan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Cheers, I use a disabled pass, but would be a great start to my adventure.
Previous