UK theme parks from another point of view!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

African Adventures 2015

Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:39 am

14th - 22nd February 2015

African Adventures returns to Chessington World of Adventure Resort this February half term for more family fun!

Adventurers can visit Chessington World of Adventures Resort every day between 14th – 22nd February from 10am-3pm, for African Adventures; a fantastic and unique experience for February Half Term!

Selected rides will be available* and adventurers can enjoy meeting some of our incredible animals in the Zoo. With Trail of the Kings, the SEA LIFE centre, Creepy Caves, Children’s Zoo, Sealion Bay and the Wanyama Village all open during African Adventures, there’s a whole host of amazing animals just waiting to meet you! Our famous daily Zoo shows will also run throughout African Adventures; see Chessington’s amazing animals up close and learn more about them from the Zoo Keepers. You can also learn about different aspects of African culture through arts & crafts, and take part in an African adventure quiz trail around the Zoo, making it a truly unique half term adventure!

Book your Zoo Days tickets now

* Selected rides subject to availability and weather conditions.

Source - Chessington website.

Thoughts?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Re: African Adventures 2015

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:14 pm

I suppose this is a good event for the kids, i'm guessing the selected rides will be ones for children so i'm sure rides like Vampire and rattlesnake may not be open. I personally wouldn't want to spend a day there during Feb half term due to the limited ride availability, however the animals is the main draw during this event not the rides.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:23 pm

I think a range of rides are possibilities, the most thrilling ride I've known to open on these days is Black Buccaneer, and there's no reason why we can't have that this year. I think Hocus Pocus Hall and Seastorm (two great family rides) are bound to open, and Tomb Blaster seems likely.

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:47 pm

It would be great if Black Buccaneer did open, in my opinion its the best pirate ship I've ever been on, scorpion express is another possibility. If RMT can open at Alton, why can't scorpion open at Chessington. Both Seastorm and Tomb blaster seem likely, along with bubble works.

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:40 pm

It's good to see this event returning. I expect that Bubbleworks and Hocus Pocus Hall will be operating, and it would be nice to see some other rides open (maybe even a coaster)?
Tomb Blaster is also likely although it is in desperate need of an overhaul so if they are actually bothering, it might not be open.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:16 pm

Anyone know if Bubbleworks is open? I remember seeing it on the lineup a couple of months ago, but it's not on the website now. Planning a trip tomorrow, and the ride selection looks pitiful without it.

Many thanks. :)

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:23 pm

Unfortunately Bubbleworks has been taken off the line up as it is still undergoing winter maintenance. Tomb Blaster has been added to the line up instead to take its place :)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:46 am

Thanks a lot, makes me feel a lot more excited about today :D

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Note: Sorry for double post!
QUICK REVIEW OF FHT:

Spent a little while at Chessington today. Arrived at 10am in an attempt to get on the rides early. Noticed on the front that Tomb Blaster, Scorpion Express, Carousel, HPH and AMAZU were to open, but was disappointed to see that SeaStorm was to remain closed, despite saying otherwise on the website.

I decided to head immediately to Tomb Blaster, thinking that everyone else would be going to Scorpion Express, but this plan backfired immediately, as Scorpion Express was yet to open, and so I got caught in a crowd of people moving on to Tomb Blaster. Fortunately, reasonably good operations meant that my wait for Tomb Blaster was minimal.

Somehow managed to almost walk on Scorpion Express straight after, operations are definitely better than last year!

Decided to have some fun in AMAZU with friends after this. I encountered a very rude father in there who seemed to think his 3-year-old son was the only child that mattered. He and his son were crossing a rope bridge and I got on behind. The father then very rudely told me to back off and let his son cross on his own, as I'd put the boy in danger. I pointed out that I was calmly walking and that I was causing no trouble, to which he replied "just STAY there". The incident left me rather upset as I'm very conscious of age discrimination, and I left the attraction afterwards.

I saw the queue for the Carousel stretched around the entire circumference of the attraction, so gave that a miss. HPH was as usual.

I'd finished the ride lineup by 12, and I didn't fancy a walk around the zoo, as I'm a regular and it gets a bit boring eventually.

Noticed on the way out that parking was up to £3, but also noticed that the barriers were up, so we didn't have to pay!

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:56 am

Good stuff im hearing then!

If I remember correctly, operations for TB are usually really slow when it comes to loading, and the queues are usually massive because of it. Nothing you can do about the parent- some people are just like that! Parking is £3...could be worse I guess *glares at Alton Towers*

Are things looking up? Or have I just had a few unlucky days there?
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Speak up to a parent like that and stand your ground. You are a paying guest like his son, regardless of what age.