UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Howl-o-ween 2015

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:51 pm

Judging by the photos Scruffy Dog Group Ltd uploaded to Facebook earlier on, it looks as though they're working on the theming and props for 'Trick or Treat Wood'. More photos can be seen here.

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:06 pm

I would like CWOA to have a scare zone...
credz to sam!
feed the flames. be chosen.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:27 pm

That tree as mentioned above by Lewis is complete and in park.

https://instagram.com/chessingtonworldofadventures/
Even the good can fall from grace

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:39 pm

As reported by Chessington Buzz, Haunting in the Hollows has now been dropped from this year's Howloween line-up, whilst the age recommendation for Curse of the Lost Tomb has been lowered although it seems that it will now be free of charge.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Oh that is a shame. I beleive it was a very popular halloween attraction for the park. I wonder why they decided to drop it.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:01 pm

Scruffy Dog have posted a short article on their blog about the creation of Curse of the Lost Tomb, as well as including a few images.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Howl'O'Ween 2016

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:08 pm

I've noticed that Chessington's Halloween page has been updated to show the dates for 2016. As has been the case recently, the event is very short and will run from 21st-31st October 2016.

There also appears to be a lineup on the page advertising three activities: Curse of the Lost Tomb (a family scaremaze from last year), Trick or Treat Wood (a family-friendly walkthrough) and a fancy dress competition. I don't know if this is 2016's lineup or if the list hasn't been updated from last year, but I think it's a bit poor to be honest.
Rides on Dragon's Fury since SRQ installed:

2016: 17 | 2017: 35

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Howl'O'Ween 2016

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:12 pm

Chessington wrote:
In the brand new Curse of the Lost Tomb maze

This is still last years page and hasn't been updated.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:18 pm

NemesisNosh wrote:
Chessington wrote:

I noticed this too, but just because they haven't changed the description, that doesn't mean the list itself hasn't been looked at.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:40 pm

Dan.B wrote:
NemesisNosh wrote:
Chessington wrote:

I noticed this too, but just because they haven't changed the description, that doesn't mean the list itself hasn't been looked at.

The only thing that has been updated on that page is the dates. All the other items on the page are yet to be updated. The Resort are yet to link to that page from the Howl'o'ween section of the events listing which means the line-up is not confirmed. Whilst it could well be that we have the same line-up, the descriptions will at least be edited slightly. As a guide, Thorpe Park left the Fright Nights page up with just this years dates updated - the 2015 line-up was left on the page until Platform 15 was announced. I'm sure it won't be too long until we get some info :)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:44 pm

The Resort have uploaded this video to their YouTube channel, confirming the same two Halloween attractions for this year. Looks like The Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall is truly dead now. :(

Azza1390
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Howl-o-ween

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Why can't I find annual pass prices for chessington howloween, or do annual pass holders have to pay full price??

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:28 pm

Azza1390 wrote:
Why can't I find annual pass prices for chessington howloween, or do annual pass holders have to pay full price??

Merlin Annual Pass holders enter the park for free, even during this event. The additional "scare" attractions are also free.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:45 pm

What seems to be a Howl-o-ween teaser has been posted by the MAP page. It's saying that Friday at noon something creepy will be announced at Chessington...

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:16 pm

So is AT the only one not announcing until september? Anyway, in all seriousness chessington does need something new this Howl-o-ween. :?
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:23 pm

I don't think Alton have anything major enough to warrant a big announcement. They've previously stated they're happy with their line up as it is.
The most I could see is a new scare zone. :)

It seems like Chessington might head in a more adult direction this year which I don't think is a bad thing. Maybe one 12+ maze along with the standard family friendly experiences would pull in a new audience...

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:58 pm

It will be very interesting to see what they do with Howl'o'ween. I doubt we will see anything too scary given its Chessington though, so don't expect anything too major. 

jackf1tz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:10 pm

An over 12 maze would definitely add to their line up, but that would seem to be out of their target market, and given that they added the gruffalo this year I think they could be doing something with that, or similarly family friendly. Also, with Thorpe park being less than half an hour away, it makes sense from a business perspective for Chessington to concentrate on the under 12's. Saying this however, i would want for them to make a proper maze, because them at least there is one more thing to do :-)
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort, and enjoyment.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:49 pm

I believe last year's lineup was fairly poor, even by Chessington's standards. If I remember correctly, they had Curse Of The Lost Tomb, which had its entrance where the entrance to the Explorer Outpost Restaurant now is in Wild Asia, alongside Trick Or Treat Wood, which ran in the field to the east of Hocus Pocus Hall. I haven't properly investiagted, but it may be that the explorer outpost restaurant blocks the Curse route, which may lead to a new attraction. I'd expect Trick Or Treat Wood to return, possibly with some Gruffalo tweaks.

Some things I'd like to see which may actually happen:

Bring back The Mystery Of Hocus Pocus Hall
Extend the event so that it covers the weekend before October Half Term as well as the half term week - the event was only about 10 days last year!
Extend closing times to 9pm on peak nights
More family-friendly attraction down the Haunting In The Hollows route, a bit like the 2011 era.
The return of and possibly a step up in the roaming actors around the park.
The return of a kids' show in Adventure Point, like when we had Boo in Market Square.
The return of that beautiful IMAScore soundtrack they had blasting around the park for Howl-o-ween 2014/15.

Not too sure about the 12+ maze personally. If you look at the average Chessington Howl-o-ween guest that goes into the 8+ attractions, they're usually 12 years old at most, so I do question whether there's the demand for it. I personally thought Haunting In The Hollows from a few years back was quite extreme for how they marketed it and I could see something on that scale being added, but I think a full-on scaremaze is unnecessary.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:32 pm

I think people have taken the 12+ comment a bit to literally. I was just throwing a number out :lol

I could see a more 'intense' version of House of Monsters with a couple scenes which may make kids jump :P