UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin
Topic Author

Go Ape High Ropes Course

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:22 pm

As reported on SouthParks News, Chessington World of Adventures Resort have submitted plans for a new High Ropes Course at the resort to open in February 2016.

To be operated in conjunction with Go Ape Ltd, the attraction will feature an adult course which is estimated will take around 3 hours to complete, and a shorter, junior course which is estimated to take 1 hour to complete. The courses will be located in the South Car Park, next to the Sixty Acre Wood, and both courses will see guests take on a range of obstacles to travel between platforms towards a 150 metre long zipwire finale. If approved, the High Ropes courses will be open from February until November and guests can purchase tickets either in combination with theme park tickets, or as an individual ticket.

Chessington's High Ropes course would be Merlin's second High Ropes installation, after Alton Towers opened Tree Top Quest earlier this year, and is a clear indication of the company's strategy of adding additional attractions to encourage multi day stays. It's certainly an interesting move from Chessington to install this attraction and I think it does have the potential to do well.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: New High Ropes Course Proposed for February 2016

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:29 pm

I think this will be a great addition to the park. Something like this will suit Chessington so i am glad that they are getting it. 3 hours seems like a long time, but i guess normal Go Ape! are about that long, i assume.
Even the good can fall from grace

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:33 pm

Yeah, I think a lot of the Go Ape courses quote the 3 hour statistic, although from having experienced other courses it doesn't tend to take that long. I expect that must only be when it's operating at full capacity and you're having to wait for the person in front to complete the next crossing.

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Well, TTQ advertises an hour and a half for the high ropes, and I did it in 20 minutes so it's hit and miss. Looks to be a great addition.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:14 pm

It could mean for the briefing and whole experience from getting told how to complete the course, putting equipment on I guess. I've done two before, hopefully doing treetop quest sometime as well.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin
Topic Author

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:49 pm

The plans have now been approved by the local authority as detailed in SouthParks' latest news article.

I'm not sure when exactly this is going to open now, however I look forward to trying it when it is completed :)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:58 pm

I'm actually really excited by this and i'm so glad its got permission. When it opens i'm so gonna get my ropes on :lol
Even the good can fall from grace

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:17 pm

I assume with it being Go Ape it will probably be more expensive than TTQ, which isn't go ape as far as I know. Doubt they'll open it before may now though.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:03 pm

It'll also be far bigger. There's actually 5 different courses.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:33 pm

Go Ape is brilliant, so this will be a welcomed addition to CWoA and certainly something I would visit for. It is a step in the right direction to make the park more of a resort, compared to what it is currently.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Go Ape High Ropes Course - 2016

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Go Ape has now been added to Chessington's 2016 page. It only specifies that it will open this year, as obviously it won't be opening this month as originally planned.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Living 10 minutes from Chessington, this is going to be really useful for me as my local Go Ape is currently an hour's motorway drive away. Assuming it is reasonably priced, I'd definitely be up for it.

I also think this is an excellent idea for the park. Chessington has lost its adventurous atmosphere recently and something like this is a step in the right direction for a supposedly "wild" theme park. I look forward to experiencing this addition.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri May 13, 2016 10:04 am

Go Ape have updated their website to say that Chessington's Tree Top Junior course will open Saturday 28th May and the main Tree Top Adventure course will open some time in July.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:43 pm

The websites have now been updated to give an opening date of July 16th for the main Tree Top Adventure course.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:23 pm

I'd like to give this one a go.
I have the original Go Ape just a few miles away, so it would be great to compare to the newest!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:44 pm

The park have released this promotional video for Go Ape.

I have to say, I'm quite impressed!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.