UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Re: The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure - 2017

Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:03 pm

I experienced the Gruffalo ride today and I have to say it was very good. It certainly is a big improvement on what existed before apart from some areas which looked a bit bare and lacking in theming. However, overall I think Merlin have done well and also I like the fact that staff have themed uniforms to fit in.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:30 pm

I rode it last Monday and I am a big fan!

I really enjoyed it and for me it is an excellent replacement for Bubbleworks! I was very impressed with the whole experience from start to finish, although I can see room for improvement as Luce mentioned!
Merlin have done well, and for an attraction based at families, it is very magical! I like the little hints towards The Stickman in particular!

Smiler313
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Stickman? I may need an explanation... :lol
'You are now embarking on an Optical procedure'

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:22 pm

I can't remember the section, but the whole family are there, but being human, we can't see them 'alive'!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Rode it a couple of weeks ago now. Absolutely brilliant, the smell pods are particularly incredible. The effects of the scenes do get a little ruined when you're the only one in your boat and the boat behind catches up, but I guess I can't expect Merlin to fix my social life! :P

It's not quite Disney level. By my fourth go, it became clear that there were plenty of points where there could be more detail and fewer screens, but I don't think we can expect any more in the UK. It's a very good investment for the park and it hasn't really impacted negatively on the theme of the area as I had feared, seeing as Bubbleworks post-2006 didn't fit anyway. Top marks!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

MrsT2015
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 pm

Did it twice last Saturday WOW I loved bubbleworks but this is so darn beautiful and magical. My mum came with us for her birthday and she loved it to. My one gripe is some of the smell pods do smell rather vile but I'm sure the will tone down in time

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure

Thu May 04, 2017 9:50 pm

I finally got the chance to ride today, I was very impressed! Along with the work on Hex it has reassured me that sometimes Merlin do some excellent work. I still need to ride DBGT (I know I know!) but I hope the same attention has been paid to that attraction as well.

Justin
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue May 09, 2017 9:29 pm

MrsT2015 wrote:
Did it twice last Saturday WOW I loved bubbleworks but this is so darn beautiful and magical. My mum came with us for her birthday and she loved it to. My one gripe is some of the smell pods do smell rather vile but I'm sure the will tone down in time

There have been a few reports from some guests that the smell pots are over powering, although I really liked them as it added to the ride :)

Dare I say it, I think I prefer it to Bubbleworks!

jdoughtyqpr
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:32 pm

The section with the fox smelled rancid but it was supposed too.
Incredibly impressed with this ride - they've done a very good job. Chessington has some really well themed attractions.