UK theme parks from another point of view!

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Topic Author

End Of Season Review 2016

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:00 pm

Now that all the animals have been tucked up in bed for the year, we take a look back at the wild adventure that is Chessington World of Adventures Resort. Did you embrace your inner monkey on the new Go Ape, relax after the park closed in your Explorer Glamping tent, or take one last tour of the Bubbleworks factory? If you visited the resort this year then we'd love to hear your thoughts.
Even the good can fall from grace

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Re: End Of Season Review 2016

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:19 pm

I only visited Chessington once this year, and it was my first ever visit, and I was very impressed! My main purpose of visiting was to ride Bubbleworks before it closed :cry: I had heard some mixed reviews of Chessington but as I've already mentioned I was very impressed and I really enjoyed it so say I'm a thrill junkie!
Ride count 2017: 346!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 857!
Cred count: 65!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: End Of Season Review 2016

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:28 am

Sadly I only got to visit Chessington twice this year. With it being a good 2 hours from home I simply couldn't justify the journey to make a solo trip to visit more than I did.

It was good to see the refurbishments to the Trail of the Kings and I was pleased to see Rani get a new male lion to keep her company as it was heartbreaking to see her on her own when I visited for a Zoo day last December.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the new Pandamonium show which debuted this year. For me, it seemed very short, although given the Resort's and the show's target audience it is probably the right length for keeping the attention of young children. There is no doubt the technology used in the panda puppets is very clever, however I'm unsure as to just how much Pandamonium actually adds to Chessington.

The new Smokehouse did offer some very nice food and it's good to have another indoor, sit down restaurant. My only criticism is that it is on the expensive side and is very much the premium food offering. Whilst I did enjoy the food, I wasn't keen on the pricing structure of having each individual item charged for - it misses having a 'meal' option.

Around the rest of the park it was good to see some areas receive some attention and get a refresh, although I was expecting more from the Tomb Blaster refurbishment. Sadly I didn't get to ride Bubbleworks at all this year, but it is going to be interesting to see what replaces it when the Resort opens next year.