UK theme parks from another point of view!

RobHand
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park - General Discussion

Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Owen wrote:
You'll probably only find Stealth and Colossus get large queues, and even then it'll be around 30 minutes. :)

I was hoping for an answer like that :lol , thats nothing compared to the 70-80 minutes queues even so, thanks for the reply!

Muppet738
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 am

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet about steath
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3352564/f ... orpe-park/

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:40 pm

A lifelong ban to the premise and legal action must have made it all worth it.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 pm

They have been given a 2 year ban from the park and it appears no legal action has been taken. :)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:16 am

The park probably want to keep it as quiet as possible, hence the lack of legal action. It doesn't reflect well at all and will only encourage further idiots, who may not be so good at climbing and balancing ...

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Burniel wrote:
The park probably want to keep it as quiet as possible, hence the lack of legal action. It doesn't reflect well at all and will only encourage further idiots, who may not be so good at climbing and balancing ...

One thing they can take from it is to step up their security of the premises as it was quite outrageous how they got into the park easily and managed far too much before being noticed.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:35 am

A problem though is you still! have Monk's Walk which needs better fences. It would be very easy to climb over it if you climbed up via the trees.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:26 am

Aidan Lowe wrote:
Burniel wrote:

One thing they can take from it is to step up their security of the premises as it was quite outrageous how they got into the park easily and managed far too much before being noticed.

Perhaps. But then again, it's pretty much impossible to stop people ever getting in without ridiculous investments. Plus, even then, people could just go to the park for a normal day and then hide somewhere for a couple of hours, coming out late at night.

As for security around the park, it looked to me as though they got into the park, got straight to Stealth quickly and climbed it fast. They were spotted fairly quickly, but (as I understand it) by the time anyone got to Stealth they had got to the top and were on their way down. Short of having a security guard on virtually every ride, I can't see how they could have stopped this happening. They had plenty of security considering nothing happens on 99% of nights. There just coincidentally wasn't anyone at Stealth at the time.

An example of getting "outrageously far" would be them getting up and down stealth, then running to Saw and getting halfway up that before being noticed.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Was at Thorpe over the weekend and noticed a couple of small things. The closed toilets opposite Detonator have now opened and are quite fancy I must admit. Saw now has a RAP queue.

Also, the Wipeout attraction near Rush has now been removed and replaced with the Hang Man attraction that was near Nitrogenie

Oh and Timber Tug Boat was testing on Friday and I think also today.

ry1996
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:33 pm

^Not to be too negative or anything but seriously, how have they possibly not managed to get Timber Tug Boat and the other drop ride open yet? I find that really bad to say they've barely had to do anything with it or the area to get it installed

streetmagix
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:33 am

I would assume (unless someone can correct me) the same team of engineers installing the 2 new rides are the same working on the existing rides. We all know the difficulties Stealth, Colossus and Slammer have had this year so I would imagine all their time has been spent on those rather than the new rides.

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:57 am

streetmagix wrote:
I would assume (unless someone can correct me) the same team of engineers installing the 2 new rides are the same working on the existing rides. We all know the difficulties Stealth, Colossus and Slammer have had this year so I would imagine all their time has been spent on those rather than the new rides.

Slammer isn't having any work done.

There's a birds nest on/in one of the pillars and it's illegal to move a nest that is inhabited so they're kind of stuck until the birds shut up shop and move elsewhere.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:39 am

Timber Tug Boat has now been added to the ride listing on Thorpe's website, so perhaps it's finally due to open fairly soon.

COASTERGENICS
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Silly question but what is a RAP entrance?
full credit for signature to NemesisRider!

Dan
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:32 pm

COASTERGENICS wrote:
Silly question but what is a RAP entrance?

Ride Access Pass. It enables people who are unable to queue for long periods of time to reduce their waiting time.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Timber Tug Boat has now opened!

Photo from Theme Park Guide
Ride count 2017: 224!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 735!
Cred count: 65!

Thanks to NemesisRider for the awesome signature!

COASTERGENICS
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:56 pm

I was at Thorpe today and to be honest I was a bit disappointed. Firstly stealth and x we're struggling with technical issues throughout the day. DBGT also spent most the day closed. Overall throughput was very bad on swarm, colossus, stealth when it was open and x . things just didn't run smoothly park wide.
full credit for signature to NemesisRider!

Luce
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 pm

I was also there today and there were certainly a lot of issues going on with reliability but nowhere near as bad as my previous visit. Overall I had a great day and got on everything I wanted to do.

Owen
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Tue May 09, 2017 5:42 pm

The new kiddie drop tower has been officially named Lumber Jump!

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 09, 2017 8:53 pm

It seems Rumba Rapids will be shut tomorrow, presumably due to the tragic incident at Drayton Manor.