UK theme parks from another point of view!

We are recruiting! A fantastical opportunity has arisen for someone to join Team TTSP as a Forum Moderator. See TTSP News & Your Views for more details.

hursty
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Fright Nights

Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Muppet738 wrote:
Does anyone know what time the mazes open ?

Mazes are scheduled to open at 3pm

SJW
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi - if a Saturday is a 10/10 in terms of busyness, could anyone please rank Friday and Sunday? I guess they would be a little quieter (the pricing certainly backs that up), but I was wandering if anyone could recommend a Friday over a Sunday or visa versa. Looking at the weekend of 13-15th, and have friends coming quite a long way for it.

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:27 pm

At the end of the day, it's a week before half term starts and proper queue craziness begins. To be honest, I would expect it to have similar queues to tonight.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:24 pm

Having been to the opening on Friday, the maze queues peaked at 1 hour, as the same with the rides. This will obviously get busier throughout the event period but Friday if it's a school day will be less busy compared to a Saturday or sunday

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:59 pm

Was at Fright Nights yesterday, was really disappointed with the mazes.

First up was Containment- couldn't notice any changes from last year, except that you don't get given a wristband when exiting the attraction anymore.

Big Top was next, which is better than last year, however it had some issues. New for this year is a pre-recorded safety announcement- a lovely idea as with the verbal briefs, people often struggle to hear the info. However it got incredibly annoying hearing it over and over whilst queueing, and it feels like it goes on forever.
Spoiler: show
The preshow has been reworked for this year. The setting is the same (fortune teller's tent), however it feels like an add-on to the safety brief at times and is pretty boring.
Strobe maze has a slightly different layout this time round, and is really really disorienting (even more so at night), especially with multiple routes. What's odd is that it feels like it'd work much better as a finale rather than the first proper scene.
Rest of the maze is pretty nice, with a knockoff trap corridor towards the end. Actors in room 2 got pretty touchy, got cornered and wasn't really allowed to leave. Was pretty intense, by far the best bit of my run through.

Saw Alive remains untouched, however the preshow wasn't running (presumably as the maze had just reopened after an evacuation so they might have wanted to get as many people through as possible) and that the picture is no longer on the Digipass.

Living Nightmare was pretty well themed, however it had a lack of atmosphere in general.
Maze begins with a little photo op with Negan. He gives a little speech, before raising his bat as the photo is taken. Would be much better if he appeared, swinging his bat, lit by strobes. As he's about to hit, the photo would be taken. This would be scarier, and would create a more shocking (and funnier) reaction from guests. 
I assume the rest of the maze takes guests through scenes from the show, but as I've never seen it I had no idea.
The finale was a bit... lacklustre. Negan appears again and says something along the lines of "the walkers are coming for you, you've gotta run!". There's a lack of tension in this scene, and as a result you don't really have a reason to run. We just casually walked through the exit.

There's not much to say about Sanctum. Feels just like a scare zone, just without an ending.

Platform 15 has had some nice changes, although it's not much better. The bin bag tunnel is identical, but this time it just ends with no roundup to the story.

On a positive note however, there were a few fog machines dotted across the park. Created a nice atmosphere at times, especially at night when they're paired with the coloured lights. 

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:35 am

Been meaning to write this for a few days so here it is. I was at the Fright Nights opening day on the 29th of September and got to experience 5 of the scare attractions that was available (excluding Containment). These were also my first scare attractions I had ever done so my nerves and expectations were running high.

Saw Alive:

I was more scared than excited being my first ever maze. I was focusing more on getting thru than admiring the Maze. But anyways, from what I could see it was very well themed and brilliantly captured parts of the films. The actors were good, some great scares and effects going on which did immerse me. Good first maze to start with.

Platform 15:

After hearing the bad reviews from last year, I wasn't too bothered about this but I am now so glad I took the chance on it. It's very errie just walking along the path with the group with no guide and just being confronted by the actors. The house section was fantastic and the actors inside got some great scares. The finale was ok? Just felt a bit empty and not much really happening. Tried this maze another 2 times (1 day time and 1 night time run) not much really changed but enjoyable up until the tunnel.

The Big Top:

What. A. Maze. I was just grasped by the whole experience and came out laughing and petrified. The strobe maze was excellently done and got lost for a good 10 minutes. The actors inside were amazing. Keeping the scares high and sudden. Being followed multiple times by actors made the whole experience even more scary. Couldn't recommend this anymore. Fantastic maze.

The Walking Dead: Sanctum

Something a bit more tame compared to others but an experience which was awesome. Yes it might not be a maze but the time spent inside was really enjoyable, so much so, we made this our last attraction of the day and also did it an additional 2 times. My last run was definitely ramped up,from being stroked by various actors, to being pulled back by my bag and not being able to escape for the best part of 30 seconds. Great run.

The Walking Dead: Living Nightmare

Having heard the hype behind this maze and the storyline. I was hoping for something much bolder and scarier than the other mazes, it didn't live up to it. The pre show section was great and captured the atmosphere and story behind TWD but after that, itjust wasn't good enough. It was a decent maze but just felt very generic and not very unique. The theming was great but just wasn't as good as the hype was made out to be. We did try this a second time but not much was improved on

Overall the event was a success with queues being at a maximum of around 30/45 minutes. Would definitely recommend going at the very start and taking advantage of the lack of queues. I will definitely be planning to return next year.

I'm the boy with the bubbles

Muppet738
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:47 am

Went to fright night yesterday but sadly day was ruined by travellers all day, fights starting in queues, shoplifting, going in the exit of pizza pasta and helping theirselfs. The one maze we did get on was stopped due to them pushing the actors although the was security around nowhere near could they cope with the amount that turned up. At least it's a excuse to go back for fright night again

Danny
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Has anyone that has been recently noticed any changes or improvements to Living Nightmare? It hasn't got amazing reviews so was hoping they may have improved it :)

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:26 pm

wasn’t sure where to put this, thought this was the most appropriate place, but I’m planning to go to Fright Nights on Saturday and have two Premium passes and a friend is coming along so wondering what is the cheapest way to do it as I’m presuming you have to pre book so therefore can’t use the bring a friend for £15 vouchers. Anyone got an idea?
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Danny wrote:
Has anyone that has been recently noticed any changes or improvements to Living Nightmare? It hasn't got amazing reviews so was hoping they may have improved it :)

I went on the 20th, It's not changed much beyond having a slightly reworked finale. 
There was a lot of actors! (More than 4 per room/scene) but I don't think that's normal.