UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:29 am

There are also some more details of what each event involves on Thorpe's website:

LIVING NIGHTMARE EXTREME
MAY HALF TERM
Battle your way through an onslaught of ferocious Walkers in our most intense and terrifying The Walking Dead experience to date.

APOCALYPSE WEEKENDS
SELECT WEEKENDS IN MAY AND JUNE
Grab your map and brace yourselves as you join the campaign to rid the Island of its zombie infestation and protect the Safe Zone at all costs.

Execute your assignment, annihilate the dead and receive an exclusive Apocalypse Weekends pin badge, PLUS a free ticket to return to the park!

SUMMER LATES
EVERY THURSDAY, FRIDAY & SATURDAY IN SUMMER
Bask in the holiday heat with us every Thursday, Friday and Saturday of summer for a series of vibrant events, including live music, beach parties and riding into the sunset!

ZOMBIE HUNT
SIX WEEKS OF SUMMER
A hoard of zombies has invaded the woodland on the outskirts of THORPE PARK Resort – and we need your help to hunt them down before we have an epidemic on our hands! Grab your weapons and join the cause as you head into the woods in this extreme battle for survival.

Muppet738
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:56 am

Just found this abit more of highlight into the actors for the event.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:43 pm

Whilst The Walking Dead may not be to everyone's taste, it is good to see Thorpe staging so many events throughout the entire year, including the very welcome return of the summer late night openings!

It will be interesting to see how well these events do, and which will carry an additional charge. Whilst I do expect some to be upcharges, what wil make or break them will be just how much they are to do.

I am quite excited for it personally - looks like I could be making a few trips to Thorpe this year :)

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:36 pm

Having never watched The Walking Dead, I cant say I’m overly hyped by Thorpe’s plans for this season.

I’m looking forward to seeing the retheme of X, and I hope to make one of the Summer Nights dates, but that’s pretty much it.

I also can’t get my head around why they are only opening Living Nightmare for May Half Term, yet SAW Alive is going to be open for the 6 weeks summer holiday? Given it’s “The Year of The Walking Dead”, wouldn’t it make sense for the Walking Dead maze to be open for longer?

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:29 pm

I'm not a fan of The Walking Dead and the choice to have it "take over" the park, but these extra events are certainly a step in the right direction. Most Merlin parks usually only do a FHT and Halloween event, so it's nice to see that Thorpe are finally branching out from fright nights. Hopefully other parks shall follow suit!
It'll be interesting to see how living nightmare will be made "extreme" however...
Also to note is that in the promo video, the front of X is missing.

Bert2theSpark
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:10 am

Apperently the intial teaser for YotWD had binary code on it and at the bottom had the numbers '053018' which could be hinting at a 5th of March announcement for the headline attraction, The X retheme.
[Insert Signature Here]

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 am

Bert2theSpark wrote:
Apperently the intial teaser for YotWD had binary code on it and at the bottom had the numbers '053018' which could be hinting at a 5th of March announcement for the headline attraction, The X retheme.

You’re right, I posted this on the previous page:

The “Headliner to be Announced” is presumably the retheme of X, which I expect will be confirmed on 5th March as the “#WheresChloe?” video contained "Safe Zone, X, 05/03/2018, 09:00" as a hidden message.

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Fright Nights

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 pm

As posted on TTSP Instagram:

Theme Park Vlogger, Jack Silkstone, has posted a cryptic message from 'Dylan' on Twitter advising readers to meet in the safe zone.

What does this mean for the 'Island Like No Other'?

#walkingdead #thorpepark #resort #themepark #merlin #surrey #family #fun #ride #rollercoaster #games #thrill #dayout #southparks

Update: Thorpe Park has now acknowledged the sign on their website...
Islanders,

Once again we have some very strange things happening around the resort with the appearance of some mysterious graffiti on a road sign nearby. Captured initially on Instagram and then shared on Twitter, we need your help to get to the bottom of what’s going on.

There are a few questions that we would like answered:
- Who is the mysterious Dylan?
- Where is the Safe Zone?
- Where is Dylan now?

We may have underestimated the extent of the infestation on the Island and the crusade against the dead could be about to step up a gear. If you have ANY information then please come forward and let us know.

Stay alert, survival is paramount!

James
Official THORPE PARK Resort Blogger

ThemeCrafter264
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 pm

It's literally you being told to go to the safe zone and then voice mail. Nothing too important in there.

saw-x-smile
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 pm

The voicemail is what throws me off, why would you be able to leave a message? That doesn't make any sense to me...

Also, what do people think of the events that are part of the Year of the Walking Dead? 

Personally, I'm really excited. The events look as if they've had a lot of thought and effort put into expanding the experience of Thorpe park past the rides. The one I'm most excited for at the moment is the Zombie Hunt, but apocalypse weekends sound rather promising too. 
Last edited by Dan on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:51 pm

saw-x-smile wrote:
The voicemail is what throws me off, why would you be able to leave a message? That doesn't make any sense to me...

It is designed to be a viral marketing campaign and people will always be intrigued to find out who is on the other line, therefore, some will call it to find out. The voicemail message ties in with the mobile number and adds to the zombie theme but to be fair, the campaign has worked as we are talking about it :lol  I bet it cost them little to nothing as well! :D

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:14 am

The first wave of tickets for the Thorpe Park Annual Pass Preview Day went on sale this morning. The park will be open between 10am-4pm and the Eventbrite website has the following information about the day:

- For one-time-only, join us in the marquee throughout the day for eXpo:\2018 – a celebration of the iconic X coaster! This unique event is exclusive to Annual Passholders and is the perfect chance to bid farewell to the coaster in its current form, as well as getting a sneak peek of what’s to come in 2018.

- Check out guest speakers, including Lead Creative John Burton, take advantage of rare photo opportunities and bask in the nostalgia of this awesome attraction. PLUS don’t forget to grab your limited edition pop badge to mark the occasion, available on a first come first served basis!

- For our VIP Passholders, you’ll be able to enjoy full access to our Fastrack queuelines as well as entry to our exclusive chill out lounge, located in the marquee.

- Please note that Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise Of The Demon will be available from 12pm and that Rush, The Walking Dead: The Ride, Quantum and Rocky Express will not be operating on this date. All rides and attractions are subject to availability.

- No Fastrack units will be available on the day however VIP Passholders will be able to access Fastrack queues.

There will be a second wave of tickets going on sale for the day at 10am on Saturday 24th February.

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:33 am

As reported by SouthParks Facebook; THORPE PARK have updated their mobile app in preparation for The Year of The Walking Dead, including adding The Walking Dead: The Ride to the attractions listing and park map, and including some of the year’s planned events such as Apocalypse Weekends.

With just 3 weeks to go until the 2018 season, who can’t wait to get back to the Island?

Qzzb_UK
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 am

Be good to get back to the Island! Interested in the Zombie Hunt and to see what the Living Nightmare Extreme is like. I think I have been to too many fright nights and now desensitised to all mazes now. 

Interesting that they haven't updated the Map to take into account to watchtower outside the X building. 

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:42 pm

Does anyone know what dates will be a part of the "select weekends" for the Apocalypse weekends?
I'm the boy with the bubbles

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:10 pm

DeadJack5 wrote:
Does anyone know what dates will be a part of the "select weekends" for the Apocalypse weekends?

All the app says is that they will be on select weekends in May and June. Hopefully when the park opens we’ll get more information around specific dates.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:26 pm

Dan wrote:
DeadJack5 wrote:

All the app says is that they will be on select weekends in May and June. Hopefully when the park opens we’ll get more information around specific dates.

Ah ok, I wasn't sure if I missed anything. At least the app has been updated with the new information on, like stated above, they don't appear to have changed the map design itself. Could we maybe see this change when the WD: Ride opens?

Dan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Thorpe Park have updated their website with details of their 2018 Fastrack packages. There are now just three packages – Exhilarate, Adrenaline, and Island Unlimited – that each have an off-peak and peak price.

The new Exhilarate and Adrenaline packages also allow guests to “mix and match” the rides they Fastrack, with it being possible to choose how to distribute the five Fastrack rides between the five eligible attractions.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 pm

I don't think this is a bad idea. It at least helps you if you want to split it with other members of your group. It's an extra which could work really well. I like the idea of using the fastracks just on ride or using it on more than 1 ride once, It helps if you want to avoid a ride you don't particularly like. Good idea from Thorpe!

Justin
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:47 pm

I'm a little sceptical about this. While it is great to see a choice being offered, how will this impact Fastrack queues? Hopefully, not to much, especially if one shot tickets have been removed. I can just imagine large groups buying Fastrack for one or two of the big rides and then extending the queue times for others.

I'd still stick with the one FT for each, but it will be interesting to see if it has any impact on sales and timings.