UK theme parks from another point of view!

alton_lover
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Rush

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm going for the first time on Monday am very excited just wondering if it's worth queuing for Rush. To me it looks like Vortex but with a lack of upper body harnesses. Also looks like you feel like your gonna fall out am I right in saying so?

Thanks guys

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rush at Thorpe Park - Good or Bad

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:19 pm

I think Rush is worth queueing for as the lap restraints give it a more exciting feel while being secure at the same time. Whereas Vortex is only really good if you get a top swing (although I do like both rides :D).

AstroDan

Re: Rush at Thorpe Park - Good or Bad

Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi

You have already started a thread regarding your trip, so we'll stick to that one if you don't mind! Technically it should be in Trip Planning, but i'll leave the other one in here for now.

Thanks!

[url=http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22962" target="_blank]viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22962[/url]

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Rush

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:35 pm

I know this may sound pathetic but there is only one ride that I have not conquered at Thorpe Park, and that is Rush. This is only for one reason, the lack of restraints! I just don't trust them :oops: . This is the same with all lap bar steep drop rollercoasters aswell, I have never been on any but can someone try and persuade me to trust it! :D Sorry if this sounds really pathetic! 8)
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rush - Restraints!

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 pm

I can understand why you might be reluctant to try Rush, as the restraints are very minimal but they're very secure and I really like the sense of freedom they give you :)

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:08 pm

What you don't easily see from off-ride is that the seats are like little buckets - when you sit down, you kinda fall into them. With the (admittedly minimal) restraints them pinning you down, you actually feel kinda secure, whilst still feeling free :).

AltonThorpe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:15 pm

When you go really high though do you not just feel like you are going to slip out? :oops: :?
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:30 pm

"AltonThorpe" wrote:
When you go really high though do you not just feel like you are going to slip out? :oops: :?

Definitely not. Your arms and legs are completely free, so they can flail as much as you like, but your abdomen is very securely held in the seat.

DiogoJ42

Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 pm

The restraints close in two ways.
First the arm hinges down, as you would expect. then the whole arm slides down towards your body to fit your size.

I actually like to keep mine quite loose, as I find it uncomfy if it's too tight. So I can promise you that even with a loose restraint you don't fall out! :P

Alton77
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:31 pm

I feel exactly the same way too.
Last time I went to Thorpe Park which was in August, I had only just turned 12.
I had no trouble going on Saw, Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, Detonator etc
I looked at Rush and seemed fun and as I was about to queue up, I saw the restraints and completely backed off.

It just looks so scary and the fact that there are nets there i case you fall out made me feel even more intimidated.
i have got nothing to write about myself because you all know me

Dylan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:56 pm

I think the nets may be there to make sure nothing else falls to the ground...not the guests!
Rush is my favourite flat ride. The restraints are amazing and leave you free to really enjoy the airtime and hangtime. I still cant let go on it though!

Anonymous

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:04 pm

I let go!

Oh wow this flat is one of the best in the UK :) Great ride!

Big Dave

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:21 pm

Really good flat ride. Always been put off ridding it after its little accident though.

John
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:21 pm

The restraints on rush absolutely make the ride for me, with traditional OTSRs it would just be like vortex without the rotating.

Anonymous

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:23 pm

"Big Dave" wrote:
Really good flat ride. Always been put off ridding it after its little accident though.

The chunk of metal flying off?

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:28 pm

"AltonThorpe" wrote:
I know this may sound pathetic but there is only one ride that I have not conquered at Thorpe Park, and that is Rush. This is only for one reason, the lack of restraints! I just don't trust them :oops: . This is the same with all lap bar steep drop rollercoasters aswell, I have never been on any but can someone try and persuade me to trust it! :D Sorry if this sounds really pathetic! 8)

The best way to look at it is that no ones died on it yet.. so there are your odds 8)
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Dormiens-Dave

Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:15 am

I love Rush it is the best flat ride in the UK the restraints always feel safe to me. Slammer on the other hand...

Matt
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:17 am

Ahh, I love rush, it's amazing.
yeah, you fall into the seats with your legs pointing up, so when the lapbar comes down you are very well held down! (hope that makes sense!)

It's definatly worth plucking up the courage for its a brilliant ride!

Matt
:)

Anonymous

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:34 am

Slightly off topic

But i also think the noise made between the two swinger things when they cross paths is really awesome! :)

Big C
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:09 pm

The restraints are amazing! They let you feel more free as you ride however they would change them if the sandbags they test the ride fall out. It is perfectly safe and IS the best flat in the U.K.

What is to be scared of?

I do however think rush needs a re - paint and re - wire. Have you looked at the bottom of the cars? It looks quite tacky...

What if you cut one of them? :twisted:

LOL!
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!