UK theme parks from another point of view!

jordanc14
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

SAW ALIVE!!!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:08 pm

OMG OMG OMG! i am soooooo excited i have just found out that thorpe park are making a brand new saw themed horror maze with live actors that will be open throughout the year, kind of like a season long tott, oh how i would love alton to do this.

EDIT:
ace Your Fears again in 2010!

So you thought the games were over? You were wrong. THORPE PARK has a new game to play in 2010 as Jigsaw unleashes his ultimate test, SAW Alive!

Set to be the world’s most extreme horror attraction, SAW Alive will test you to Face Your Fears in a new year round live horror maze featuring six iconic scenes from the terrifying 'SAW' films!

With prices held if you book now for 2010 there's no better time to buy online, so grab your tickets now to be one of the first to experience SAW Alive when it opens next spring!

The games have just begun...

Rollercoaster5000
TT Member
TT Member

Re: SAW ALIVE!!!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:15 pm

The reason why Thorpe are doing this is because it suits their thrill market and because SAW: The ride proved very popular this year. This won't work for Alton because they're aimed at families

It's great that Thorpe are adding a permanent horror maze. It'll be located on the Thorbe belle (yes it's that old boat with a hole in it :roll:).

Anonymous

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Cool!

Will have to go down next year to check this out!

AstroDan

Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Please continue this discussion by clicking on "Merlin Parks and Attractions" and then "Thorpe Park 2010".

Thanks.

Mattchu_19
TT Member
TT Member

Saw Alive

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Just been having a look through the live coverage of the Thorpe open day on towers nerd site and there is a picture of a sign which says that the Saw Alive maze will not be opening on certain days this season.

Does any body know why this is and what dates its not going to be open this year?

Cant see anything on Thorpe Parks website about any dates it will not  be operating!

scubahood
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Saw Alive Horror Maze - Reduced opening for 2012 season

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm pretty certain its only going to be open in peak season like school holidays. There really isn't much point having it open at the moment the actors would be in there doing nothing for most of the day. The Swarm can barely build up a line at the moment on week days

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:05 pm

It should have been open this weekend, a poor show from the park.

djtruefitt

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:10 pm

I heard that it wont be open till Easter, then it will only be open during popular times, so weekends I guess, then during the school holidays. I imagine its 100% down to costs, on a quiet day if they dont have many guests you still have to pay the actors to do nothing in there.

Also at the moment I imagine all the actors from Saw Alive are outside the Swarm. It is a bit of a let down though, and makes that area look a complete waste of space. There is also only a small sign on the enterance, so unless you look properly you wont know why its closed.

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:15 am

I can quite easily see SAW: Alive closing for good at the end of this season.

djtruefitt

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:18 am

Another thing I notice on this years park map that wasnt mentioned on last years map is that wet, wet, wet and the beach will also only be open on selected dates.

Did they do that in the past and just not mention it on the map, or is this new as well?

SpinballEdders

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:20 am

djtruefitt wrote:
Another thing I notice on this years park map that wasnt mentioned on last years map is that wet, wet, wet and the beach will also only be open on selected dates.

Did they do that in the past and just not mention it on the map, or is this new as well?

I imagine they would only be open on hot days because no one would go on the beach when it's cold!, but they won't go, they can be quite popular on busy days.

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:41 am

Saw Alive is set to be opened every weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun) but open every day during peak periods. Indeed all the actors were out and about on the Swarm island but they'll be back in their hole next weekend. A total of 12 actors were hired, Although only 6 (Plus the directors) will be working at a time on a 3 month contract, so in June 6 new actors will appear. Which is kind of odd, because this means theoretically they have no actors for Fright Nights month.

Fingers crossed this is the last season. Whoever is in charge of direction or whatever for this maze doesn't deserve their job, so much lost potential it's almost frustrating.

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:30 am

Tom G wrote:
It should have been open this weekend, a poor show from the park.

Saturday yes, Sunday, it wouldn't have mattered. The park was quieter then opening day.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

TomahawkTom
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:02 pm

I went on it today for the first time. I felt like in one or two rooms there where no actors. Is this how it's always has been, or have they cut down on how many actors there are?

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Saw Alive Horror Maze - Reduced opening for 2012 season

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:19 pm

When I went on it on the 31st march, they really put a lot of effort in! The swat guy gave us a story and told us to press the button, we had people following us through a few room as it wasn't busy! And there were atleast 2 pig men :)

TomahawkTom
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:21 pm

There was no pig men when I went :(

Nightfall
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 pm

I also gave Saw Alive a try that weekend (on the Sunday). I've never been before so thought it was worth a try and actually found it ok. It was a reasonably decent horror maze with enough actors to build up a bit of atmosphere. However I was at the front and my group agreed it helped that we had really low expectations to begin with. It certainly wasn't as bad as I've heard but I still think a permanent horror maze at Alton would be a bad idea.

The reduction in opening times is far enough as there was only a 5 moment queue even at the weekend. I’d much rather see actors around The Swarm during the weekdays.
ImageImage

Scary Sarah
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:31 am

Saw Alive has now been closed until Fright Nights according to the website opening times . 

AstroDan

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 am

The belt tightening goes up another notch.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:34 am

Their new attraction for 2010, closed for the bulk of 2012. Good grief.

You'd have thought they'd keep it open for the Olympics at least - surely their attendance figures should see a sharp rise around then...